Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

what's the value of a non-working williams space shuttle. beautiful trans-lite, good play-field, and a fair cabinet they are asking $900. they do not know what is wrong with it, i would guess MPU battery leaking as that seems to effect allot of these older games, especially if they have been sitting.

#2 9 years ago

Not knowing what's wrong is a big variable. Could be simple or complex.
I would say $500

#3 9 years ago

i have played space shuttle and love that game, however i think the price is high considering its a non-working pin. i will go look at it maybe drop him an offer of $600. not working and not knowing what is wrong with it is an issue for me. then once you get it working non knowing if there are stuck coils, bad displays, bad sound boards or anything else that tends to come with a 30 year old pinball machine that hasnt been played in god knows how long.

#4 9 years ago

i called them today and they are not flexible in price. i think i will pass, i want a space shuttle but for $1,000 i want it to have some sign of life. i explained to him that the machine could be loaded with bad boards, bad displays, bad coils and i could assume that it will cost another $1,000 to fix it as it does not work and i cannot see what is working and not working. they also told me that they have sold space shuttles restored for $5,500. would anyone really spend $5,500 on a space shuttle. space shuttle is a great game, however $5,500 is more then a NIB sterns star trek. do people really have that much more money then brains. i would pay $1,500 for a nice, working space shuttle.... not a penny more. i personally do not care if it is museum quality. i buy my pins to play them, they dont have to be perfect.

#5 9 years ago

if the game doesnt work, i simply assume that everything is bad and everything needs to be replaced.

#6 9 years ago

If you're looking for a decent price on a project shuttle, why not get in touch with this guy? He's only like 3 hours away from you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-space-shuttle-project-725-obo-central-pa

#7 9 years ago

There was just a space shuttle in chicago area selling for $350 with non-working sound (easy $90 board replacement), not terrible wear.

If your board is bad and you can't fix it, refurbs run $300 on K's arcade:
https://ksarcade.net/cpus-mpus-2/williams-system-9-cpu-d-10534-848.html

Keep in mind there are no aftermarkets for system 9, so if you do pick it up I would contact K's to confirm the website is accurate for being in stock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-value-of-a-non-working-williams-space-shuttle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.