8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sleethering
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Losers.png

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

MY wh2o and IJ are always hard.

#52 8 years ago

BSD seemed to always kick my butt...probably why I ended up parting ways with it.

#53 8 years ago

If you are talking about hard in terms of achieving goals I think the WH20 Vacation Jackpot is among the hardest to achieve. Sperm Attach in Family Guy is pretty difficult as well, but there's always the "super duper extreme wizard mode" or whatever it's called in TSPP that is damn near impossible.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

There's a Spy Hunter pin?!? I never knew it existed. Sounds like a good theme for one though. Wonder if they have one of these at the Pinball HOF?

It's just "ok". It has offset flippers which take a bit of getting used to.

For DMDs, BSD is certainly a contender and most definitely the toughest Williams game.

Ironically, the pins that STERN is putting out now are all contenders. BBH, IM, Avatar, TRON all have "randomizers" that throw the ball who-knows-where, and big factory outlanes. BSD had randomizers as well with the feed to the bumpers out of Coffin or plunge. Combined with lightning flippers, it's tough!

#55 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure the devil made lightning flippers.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

TZs difficulty is in understanding the gameplay but once you understand the game the shots aremvery easy IMO. I just sold mine as it had gotten to be a but if a bore. Still love the game, maybe we just needed a break from each other.

I found the rules for TZ easy to understand, but harder in terms of keeping the ball in play.

You have to make shots consistently, and never let the ball stay out of control. If you (or at least, if I) let the ball get out of control, it ends in the outlanes in short order, even with them on the smallest setting, there's no ball saver by default, the bumpers are right above the left drain, etc. And god help you if you hit that slot machine target dead-on (because you were late shooting for the lock lane, or early shooting for the slot machine). I've seen that target catapult the ball over the flipper. Plus, the autoplunge requires action at the top left flipper if you want it to consistently avoid a drain. Oh, and no ball save on the multiball...

I didn't find Tron to feel that hard. The disk does interesting things to the ball's behavior, but i didn't have much trouble keeping it under control. I was losing balls to missed left ramp shots, missed quora shots, and flipper fumbles where I tried to get too clever for my own good.

8 months later
    #57 7 years ago

BSD for me One of the reasons I LOVE it so much.....and in the same time PISSES me off so much lol

#58 7 years ago

FT & BSD kick my ass big time, but it keeps me coming back for more!

#59 7 years ago

Flash Gordon gets my vote......that game kicks my ...
    Doug

#61 7 years ago

I'm not a great player, but I'm OK. Yet, whenever I play POTC or TSPP I just can't get anything going. Never even come close to getting a Replay on either of those.

#62 7 years ago

TS is an amazingly fast pin. Often, the ball seems to be moving so fast I have a hard time tracking it. Lots of dangerous shots that often end in drains. Which could be frustrating to some, but I love the game even though it beats me down.

#63 7 years ago

Sttng
    Tz
    Bsd with lightning flippers, but it's not bad with 3".
    Pinbot can be a bitch. Outlane drain monster. Barry is the king of drain design.

Newer sterns are the easiest. Lightweight cheap cabinets and close flipper spacing.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from love4movies:

TS is an amazingly fast pin. Often, the ball seems to be moving so fast I have a hard time tracking it. Lots of dangerous shots that often end in drains. Which could be frustrating to some, but I love the game even though it beats me down.

I've never gotten close to the final battle yet. Very fustrating.

#65 7 years ago

Whats kickin my ass right now is 24....

stupidly tight shots, and TONS to do to complete the grids....nudging and ball controll is an ABSOLUTE must in this game...

shots are ALL long, and strategy is key....

flailing gets you nowhere generaly...

The sniper shot is an absolute BITCH of a shot.... I think the hardest or at least in the top 3 in ALL of pinball

outlanes are like freeways if you open them up......

and if you are NOT on your shots, you get ALOT of SDTM's on this one...

lots of guys say it has long ball times, I THINK NOT !

set it up on hard or extra hard rules, open the outlanes, steepen up the pitch, and play drunk..LOL, and it will beat your face in.....

#66 7 years ago

Depends on your definition of "hard". There are pins that can be difficult to control. Games like TZ and even Tron can feel like this at times with balls bouncing around all over the place.

Then there are games that have really tricky shots or very narrow shots. In my collection, IJ is a good example.

Finally, there are games where the wizard modes are hard to reach or complete. MM is not a difficult game to play for example, but getting to the battle for the kingdom or putting up a score over 6 figures is pretty difficult for most. I've recently picked up Tron and have reached sea of simulation several times, but portal multiball will prove very difficult indeed.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Whats kickin my ass right now is 24....
    stupidly tight shots, and TONS to do to complete the grids....nudging and ball controll is an ABSOLUTE must in this game...
    shots are ALL long, and strategy is key....
    flailing gets you nowhere generaly...
    The sniper shot is an absolute BITCH of a shot.... I think the hardest or at least in the top 3 in ALL of pinball
    outlanes are like freeways if you open them up......
    and if you are NOT on your shots, you get ALOT of SDTM's on this one...
    lots of guys say it has long ball times, I THINK NOT !
    set it up on hard or extra hard rules, open the outlanes, steepen up the pitch, and play drunk..LOL, and it will beat your face in.....

Setting this game up NASTY, the way it would be at PAPA, makes this game shine, gameplay wise..

#68 7 years ago

Shadow seems to the toughest for me to consistantly get a decent score, although IM can shut you down pretty quick as well if your having an off day.

#69 7 years ago

I finally got Portal multiball. Took awhile, 100 games, I don't know. Got to it thru SOS. I had been close before but never completed SOS. This time I completed SOS, lit Portal and missed my first arcade shot. Got a second chance and hit it. I was thrilled. Patting myself on the back. Finally broke thru and hopefully it won't be so long before my next trip to Portal.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

Shadow seems to the toughest for me to consistantly get a decent score, although IM can shut you down pretty quick as well if your having an off day.

+100 on IM.....some days you just drain, drain, drain....

Finaly got 124mil and for the first time in almost a year and a half, got GC.....without do or die !

best before that was 58mil..

a few of my buds were on the scoreboard and i wasnt...thats SUCKED LOL

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Billmelater said:

+100 on IM.....some days you just drain, drain, drain....
    Finaly got 124mil and for the first time in almost a year and a half, got GC.....without do or die !
    best before that was 58mil..
    a few of my buds were on the scoreboard and i wasnt...thats SUCKED LOL

AND MINE IS SET TO HARD...sorry bout the caps LOL..

PAPA style....

#72 7 years ago

it's good when you let a non pinhead try pinball, let them try BSD first and they look at you with WTF written all over their face - 2 second ball times LOL

#73 7 years ago

I can't believe no one has mention CFTBL. that game is hard as hell to get the big Jackpot.

Swords of Fury is pretty tough too.

#74 7 years ago

tz is the one that first comes to mind.

#75 7 years ago

Any machine with wide and/or unforgiving outlanes. STTNG, Pin*Bot, etc.

Also, recent Sterns have been difficult for me as well; Rolling Stones and Iron Man in particular.

#76 7 years ago

Oh, no peoples, by far the toughest (nay most impossible to play) has got to be Stern Orbitor!
    There is almost NO control on the ball!

1 week later
    #77 7 years ago

Sounds like you all need to play some older SS games. Seems like everyone is only mentioning DMD or up for the most part. That being said I do agree with BSD being tough. I used to be able to kick ass on that pin & now it's rare if I get a decent game, like I forgot how to play it! My Skateball is pretty tough at times, often times not even breaking 1 mil on it. I think Firepower can also be tough, I have never rolled the score yet. Popeye is tough for the most part. No one likes this game much but I don't hear many people claiming they've saved Olive! I think many of the older Sterns are hard as well, but as always it depends on how they're setup. 24 is pretty easy, Gerry just can't play his! Is my score still up on that Ger? lol

#78 7 years ago

Damn you, Flash Gordon. Damn you right to hell!

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Black Hole sucks bad (pun intended).

Gotta be the hardest multiball to get in the history of pinball...and one of the reasons the game is great too. Makes you wanna keep coming back for more abuse.

Flash Gordon gets honorable mention for difficulty...

#80 7 years ago

Going with TFtC on this one. Never heard or seen anyone that has achieved Crypt Jam (wizard mode) when the game is setup and adjusted by default standards. The most I've seen is 8 modes completed on the one I have at home.
    Much mention of TZ but I feel it's much easier to get a hefty amount of door panels completed per game. Don't feel LITZ is unobtainable and I've done it a few times myself.

I view difficulty as the progression to the end goal of the game.

#81 7 years ago

I was going to say Shadow but what about Orbitor 1??

#82 7 years ago

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
    The multi-ball is impossibly difficult to get and even harder to keep going.

#83 7 years ago

I think Ripley's Believe It Or Not would have to be up there. Game is very hard to get good scores on and damn near impossible to get to the wizard mode. I love it, but with no ball saver on factory settings and a skill shot where you are putting yourself at extreme risk if you miss, it is a challenge and can have short ball times if you miss your shots. One of the only games I can think of where it took me quite some time to beat the default Grand Champion score of 50 million.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
    The multi-ball is impossibly difficult to get and even harder to keep going.

Sorry, but it's not THAT hard to get multi-ball on Black hole. Challenging, yes. Impossible, no.
    But at least it's playable unlike Orbitor or Spectrum.

#85 7 years ago

Flash Gordon. The game humbles even great players like Bowen.-watch his tutorial sometime.

Honorable mention goes to Black Hole.

#86 7 years ago

Black hole kicks my ass every game!!!

#87 7 years ago

Condition, pitch level, side-to-side balance and strength on the flippers have some saying on the feel of pinball machines. Tough or fair.

I have neven played Pinbot. But the Jackbot I have access to is probably the highest level of bitch slapping, I have felt. There is just something unexplainable about the buttom geometries that demands outlane parties. Damn. And the saucers release the ball differently each time.

On top of this I have trouble with the ramp. But it might be caused by a lazy right flipper.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Flash Gordon gets my vote......that game kicks my ...
    Doug

Always kicked mine too.

#89 7 years ago

A properly shopped out and set up BK2000 will kick your ass. I also found that Sperm Mulitball on FGY is ridiculously hard to obtain. CFTBL is also pretty unforgiving. STTNG. Black Hole ..very deceptive

#90 7 years ago

Flash Gordon was the first to come to mind. Easily the quickest full games I've ever played.

Definitely agree on Black Hole too. I've never achieved multiball once.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 87.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside