(Topic ID: 5346)

What is the toughest pin to play?

By Johnny

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Losers.png
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Thoughts?

#2 12 years ago

One thats not kept in top working order.

#3 12 years ago

Tommy

#4 12 years ago

Twilight Zone.

#5 12 years ago

I'm having a tough time with White Water trying to get the far left lane off the top flipper is killing me.

#6 12 years ago

Games I like, Pinbot. Totally unforgiving.

Games I'm not so keen on Far out (Gottlieb) totally random!

#7 12 years ago

TZ isn't that hard, as long as you can bounce the ball from slot machine kickout off right flipper into left flipper catch, and backhand left ramp from left flipper. It will really kick your ass if you let the ball get out of control though.

Iron Man is pretty hard imo, though the modes aren't very deep (which kinda compensates for that - it's not as hard to get to the final mode, but is quite hard to get a long game)

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

TZ isn't that hard, as long as you can bounce the ball from slot machine kickout off right flipper into left flipper catch, and backhand left ramp from left flipper. It will really kick your ass if you let the ball get out of control though.

I'm an OK player at pinball, but thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to find a TZ pin and hopefully get a high score on it.

#9 12 years ago

I find BSD extremely tough, every time I play one it kicks me in the butt.....hard.

#11 12 years ago

BSD/Shadow

STTNG can be if they don't have the outlane extensions.

#12 12 years ago

... and the winner is:

Quoted from emo:

Games I like, Pinbot. Totally unforgiving.

Pinbot by FAR. I sometimes honestly wonder if Pinbot is the greatest game ever made. But unforgiving, my god, the side lanes are... you have to be able to feel your nudging to rule at pinbot. Such an awesome package.

#13 12 years ago

Am I alone in finding TAF really hard? I wonder if I'm doing something wrong on it.... If I plunge too weak and it lands in the swamp, there's no ball saver (found that out the hard way!) - seems the ball saver is completely disabled on the machine nearby. I havn't played it that much (mainly because it's just as expensive as all the other games, but the games end up being 1/3rd the length, and I always feel ripped off.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Pinbot by FAR. Such an awesome package.

That's what she (BOP) said...

#14 12 years ago

Black Hole sucks bad (pun intended). I finally get multiball going after trying half the night and of course the two lower pf balls drain before I can knock down a row of drop downs... "re-entry attempt has failed"...

argggghhhh!!!

#15 12 years ago

I really enjoy Pinbot, and have considered it as a next pin for me. I know it's a bit tough, and not a flow pin, but I really like it. I've been playing the hell of out it on my 360.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

I really enjoy Pinbot, and have considered it as a next pin for me. I know it's a bit tough, and not a flow pin, but I really like it.

Agreed, It's got the basic multi-ball/eye-locking sequence plus the stiffer challenge of getting all the planets. The fact that it is tough makes it all the more compulsive.

BSD and STTNG I agree also have demon out-lanes. Great games.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

Iron Man is pretty hard imo,

Ironman kicked my but every time !

#18 12 years ago

FT can be a killer at times with bounces STDM from captive ball and wireform ramps!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

Am I alone in finding TAF really hard?

Seems to me that almost every individual TAF (and TZ) play differently. Some are really tough.

#20 12 years ago

In my small gameroom I have TS and BSD.... both games very unforgiving. With BSD you either get close to nothing, or you manage to stack multiballs and get lots.. more often close to nothing

And my newly shopped out TS...very fast and many many dangerous returns from missed shots..

Dangerous outlanes on both....

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I'm having a tough time with White Water trying to get the far left lane off the top flipper is killing me.

Heh heh why do you think they call it Insanity Falls! Been there, had a hard time too, but was always something to shoot for!

Me, I always had a difficult time with Taxi; pick up the passengers, drop the passengers at the airport, pick up the passengers from the airport, drop them off, etc, etc. Lots of gnashing of teeth!

#22 12 years ago

TSPP is a pain in the butt to complete any mode grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#23 12 years ago

It depends on what you mean by hard. Do you mean short ball times or how hard it is to complete the game? I'm assuming you mean short ball times.
    PZ is the shortest ball time game I got. I like hard games and this one is tough. Thats why I keep it.

#24 12 years ago

Andromeda is very tough. Pop bumper right by the flippers is very dangerous. There's rubber just above the left flipper so trapping the ball for shots to the targets is near impossible. I would bet ball times average about 2 minutes if that. Might be more like 1. I'm going to ask at LCP next time if the machine tracks ball times.

Anyone want to sell me one?

#25 12 years ago

indy 500 anyone??? lmao. i can't stand that blind upper right flipper shot from the left outer lane.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from yenningcomity:

STTNG can be if they don't have the outlane extensions.

TELL me about it!

#27 12 years ago

BSD is killer hard, most of my friends and family don't even like it cause they can't even get a multiball started most of the time. All they can get is the mist multiball which is freely lit on the 3rd ball....

I own 3 hard pins IMO, Fishtales, BSD, and Shadow. All tough games for noobs, and all awesome games and keepers for me..I also have my Skateball still

#28 12 years ago

You guys may think I am crazy, but corvette gives me problems everytime.

#29 12 years ago

BSD. Had one for awhile, it's a great game but I have never been so MAD while playing pinball as that. I currently own Pinbot and have to respectfully disagree with many here...I don't find it anywhere near as difficult as BSD.

#30 12 years ago

Last night for me it was T3. My "flow" had deserted me and boy that pin can drain quick. If I had been paying for games I would be broke this morning.

#31 12 years ago

I am going with Pinbot and Black Knight. They just flat out kicked my ass in the wild. BK a little more so...

#32 12 years ago

Of the ones I own, Corvette has the shortest ball times.

Have not played a BSD or Shadow to compare. The only STTNG I played had the outlane mod.
    Pinbot has nasty outlanes, particularly the left but IM just pisses me off whenever I play it.

#33 12 years ago

BSD!!! Also, VERY hard to keep 3 balls going on BR!!!

#34 12 years ago

ft super jackpots

#35 12 years ago

Would it not be down to the player? Age? Experience?

For example you may find SafeCracker multi-ball to intense, but because I've played it many times..I could well be the better player.

#36 12 years ago

Ya that is true pinballparadise....but if you look at the average player..certain games are harder than others.

I've owned Fishtales for a few years, and consider myself an above average player. I can get SuperJackpots on my game ALL the time...whereas my friend who also owns Fishtales has NEVER gotten one ever...

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinballParadise:

Would it not be down to the player? Age? Experience?

Agreed, some of the games metioned like STTNG, T3 and BK and even BSD flow really well provided your hitting the shots but seem to drain as soon as you miss, due to demon outlanes and not much of a ball save.

That means that they better players don't have a problem with them but new or inexperienced players do.

Other games seem to have "built in randomness" that catches everyone e.g. Pinbot, Ironman or the bumpers on TZ.

#38 12 years ago

Phantom of the opera

#39 12 years ago

I agree with smassa, IM and BSD. End of story, no pins spank me like those. But I love em both

#40 12 years ago

Banzai Run on acid!

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

Am I alone in finding TAF really hard?

No, your not the only one. Mine is super hard. Outlanes are all the way open and I feel like I would be cheating if I closed them up. You get punished for missing shots for sure! Toughest game in my collection by far. I keep hearing that Flash Gordon is a drain monster. Hopefully one of these days, I'll have mine playable and be able to give an opinion on it.

#42 12 years ago

For me its WH20 and Iron Man

#43 12 years ago

Black Knight 2000 is a tough machine, because if you can't put it up the Skyway from the right flipper consistently when the ball drains from the upper level, you'll have the ball in the vicious lower level a lot more than you should. Most of the time that Skyway shot won't even get you any points other than having the ball farther from the drain, but the other times with the Hurry-Up it can be the single biggest scoring shot in the game. The jackpot is only increased during the main multiball, so in order to get a big jackpot you have to keep multiball going for a while.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Of the ones I own, Corvette has the shortest ball times.

SC's corvette average ball time averages are low because of me. I think two out of three balls I play on his machine go from ball launch straight to drain.

#45 12 years ago

I'd say TZ. I know 2 people who got a TZ just to have one, but found out there is so much about this pin it affected the fun factor. They didn't have any problem trading or selling them off.

#46 12 years ago

Spy Hunter with the two left drain, and fast play. That is why no one likes it. What a bit%h

#47 12 years ago

I'll agree with BSD and Shadow(w/ lightning flippers)

BSD is just brutal, outlanes are insidious and keeping multiple balls in play is ridiculous. The ability ti constantly stroke the left ramp for awards is a must but a weak shot and SDTM. Too easy....

Shadow is just wicked fast with that nasty left orbit. Tons of drain shots. Been playing this one the most recently and just get my ass handed to me repeatedly.

TZs difficulty is in understanding the gameplay but once you understand the game the shots are very easy IMO. I just sold mine as it had gotten to be a but if a bore. Still love the game, maybe we just needed a break from each other.

TAF- wicked hard game if set up so. Mine kicked my ass all over the game room.

After reading this I think I just suck.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

After reading this I think I just suck

Me too

#49 12 years ago

Spy Hunter with the two left drain, and fast play. That is why no one likes it. What a bit%h

There's a Spy Hunter pin?!? I never knew it existed. Sounds like a good theme for one though. Wonder if they have one of these at the Pinball HOF?

After reading this I think I just suck.

Welcome to the club!

Losers.pngLosers.png

#50 12 years ago

+1 for BK2K. I don't know if it's hard or poorly designed. It seems all right flipper. I hate when pins feel asymmetric. Seems a lot of people really like that pin though.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-toughest-pin-to-play/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.