(Topic ID: 225201)

What is the smoothest shooting flowiest pinball machine ever?

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rockytop
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

"Flowiest" game is High Speed. The original OG flow game.

TOTALLY!!!! left loop upper flipper to ramp and stop. Left flipper to upper right saucer, stop, hit upper ramp to stop.
Right loop to upper saucer, stop, ramp, stop.

Whoooooaaaaa the flow!

#53 5 years ago

Has to be TOM.Beautiful machine,awesome layout.Almost too easy.

#54 5 years ago

I wouldn't say WH2O or Demolition Man. T3 is really flow oriented with 3 ramps and the orbits. Batman forever, when it shoots right. And Judge Dredd with 3 ramps and 2 orbits...

None of them at perfect, though.

#55 5 years ago

Houdini!!

#56 5 years ago

I voted dialed in simply because I have had games with over 100 combos.

Star Trek seems like it has more flow buy my record is 68. Unless the games count combos differently, dialed in game play demands more flow?
Make locking a ball with a 4 way combo has something to do with it

#57 5 years ago

I was being facetious above, obviously, but a game that has some REALLY cool loops and some unusual shots is Doctor Who. Really miss that game!

#58 5 years ago

ST for me for sure. Love the flow when things are rolling and nailing the combos.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

I've very confused about the Whitewater mentions, or you all play it differently than me...
It's tons of start and stop.
I go shoot to the center, ball stops and is launched to upper play field. Hit the left ramp to light whirlpool award.
Shoot center, ball stops and is launched to upper play field, hit right ramp to collect whirlpool award.
Ball stops as it goes in subway to the scoop kick out.
Rinse and repeat...
Or perhaps it's a joke about flow and a water theme?

Ya....your not playing it to it’s fullest. Start hitting the arrows to advance rafts and it flows. Use the Spine Chiller to get to the upper playfield, hit insanity falls, nail a couple of disaster drops, then spin one through the boulder pops and the the game starts whizzing

#61 5 years ago

Roadshow

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well neither was imamculate until a few months ago!

Imamaculate !!

#63 5 years ago

Quoted from TheLaw:TOTALLY!!!! left loop upper flipper to ramp and stop. Left flipper to upper right saucer, stop, hit upper ramp to stop.
Right loop to upper saucer, stop, ramp, stop.
Whoooooaaaaa the flow!

The flow of shots asshole. I mean that with love . What game did Mr. Ritchie get his name from?

#64 5 years ago

Black knight 2000.

#65 5 years ago

Where would The Shadow fall? I mean those diverters amplify the flow. Then there are the Shadow loops and the orbits without a diverter that stops the ball (ala Attack from Mars).

#66 5 years ago

Stern Star Trek, GOT and Star Wars.

#67 5 years ago

orbitor 1

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Definitely Johnny Mnemonic - it may not be the most loved pin, but the "flow" factor on it is off the charts.

Me too.

#69 5 years ago

Target Alpha

#70 5 years ago

When dialed in properly nothing can compete with The Getaway!!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Spiderman hands down

^^^ this ^^^

#72 5 years ago

I love this game, I mean a lot..... but don’t feel like it “flows”

#73 5 years ago

I don't know which game has the most flow (maybe Wrath of Olympus) but the shots in Dialed In have to be some of the smoothest ever.

I guess flow and smoothness could be considered different things:

Flow = the number of shots which connect to other shots; the ability to string shots together in combos
Smoothness = how smooth the individual shots "feel"

#74 5 years ago

Where's all the EM guys at?
My vote goes to MET for shot to shot to shot.

#75 5 years ago

Love WH2O but never thought of it as a "flow" pin. Yeah, you can get a few combos going but that's the same for pretty much every pin. I can shoot ramps and orbits all day on TZ but it's clearly not a flow game.

Stern ST is all flow in pretty much every mode. Only lock shots and mode starts stop the ball. Every mode requires you to shoot around the playfield and every shot comes back to a flipper. As long as you keep making shots, it's non-stop flow. Pretty fun to hit the left ramp, then the right, then the left orbit, and then multiple warp shots in a row. Even the vengeance magnet would fire the ball straight back to the flipper. Be cool to see that layout get recycled in a different kind of game that does not rely on playing out so many long modes.

#76 5 years ago

I have DI, TOM and SM. All have very good flow. But I have to agree with many others, all things considered, ST takes it.

#77 5 years ago

#pitstop - with the half inch flippers and the mile wide middle drain there is no way to get better flow

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Making a top 10 list for the smoothest shooting flowiest pinball machines ever - vote here!!
https://goo.gl/forms/a60XlYOlEh1y3IYP2

Fucking Law on the one downvote. Hahaha

#79 5 years ago

Its interesting to see people vote for Dialed In. Lawlor was a huge stop and go gameplay designer. I'd say High Speed and The Getaway. I do agree that WH20 can have some major flow if you are hitting your shots it becomes crazy fast.

#80 5 years ago

HS still teaches the master class on flow.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Its interesting to see people vote for Dialed In. Lawlor was a huge stop and go gameplay designer. I'd say High Speed and The Getaway. I do agree that WH20 can have some major flow if you are hitting your shots it becomes crazy fast.

There is a lot of very smooth flow to DI.
Right Orbit/Ramp, Left Ramp Combo’s are super smooth.
Then you can mix in the Quantum Theater or Left Orbit shot to Side Ramp.
Putting these shots together is awesome, you end up forgetting about the real goal...completing the modes and collecting simcards.

Probably my stupid imagination; Doesn’t the outline of the ramps resemble the shape of New Jersey?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

True but di flows very well and is very smooth doing it...

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Quoted from Squeakman:
True but di flows very well and is very smooth doing it...

Sadly I haven't played it yet. I am sure it flows. Just thought it was weird that it has such great flow when Lawlor isn't known for it.

#85 5 years ago

My top 5, in no particular order:
Spider-Man
TOM
Whitewater
ACDC
Star Trek

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Fucking Law on the one downvote. Hahaha

I've been coming on Pinside for a long time, the main reason is to talk aboot things on Pinside, not google forms that take me somewhere else.
Nothing personal

Quoted from Frippertron:

What game did Mr. Ritchie get his name from?

I think Claude Fernandez had it first?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from Frippertron:
What game did Mr. Ritchie get his name from?
I think Claude Fernandez had it first?

Supposedly Claude stole some designs and elements of designs from Richie when he moved from Williams to Bally. I believe those two were highly competitive back in the day?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Supposedly Claude stole some designs and elements of designs from Richie when he moved from Williams to Bally. I believe those two were highly competitive back in the day?

Flash (Richie) and Skateball (Claude) have mirror image shots

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Supposedly Claude stole some designs and elements of designs from Richie when he moved from Williams to Bally.

It was a reference to an old thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-vs-claude-fernandez

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was being facetious above, obviously, but a game that has some REALLY cool loops and some unusual shots is Doctor Who. Really miss that game!

Every time I play doctor who I keep thinking we need a new doctor who pin. The current show is far more popular than the older one, I bet.

#91 5 years ago

I saw a video of a guy playing hook where he just shot the ramp like 100 times.... boring as hell, but I guess that's some good flow.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Every time I play doctor who I keep thinking we need a new doctor who pin. The current show is far more popular than the older one, I bet.

That was kind of what I was trying to do with my DW. I totally agree. However the game would become obsolete every time he regenerated! Haha

There is a re-skinned DW on the THe Pinball Arcade, which is kind of cool.

(Hope you’re feeling better!)

#93 5 years ago

Definitely Creature From the Black Lagoon.

#94 5 years ago

As much as I want to name a Steve Ritchie game... I gotta agree with Theater of Magic. SR games have that flow but in a brutal way, fast fast fast... TOM is so smooth about it.

#95 5 years ago

Anyone who doesn't vote demo man hasn't played it enough. I'm a very modest player and can keep that ball going from ramp to orbit to ramp and on and on with ease. Star Trek for me is a close second. Haven't put enough time on a well set up High Speed to comment on that one. But sounds like 8 need to.

#96 5 years ago

Another vote for Johnny Mnemonic.

#97 5 years ago

Can't believe nobody mentioned Congo, best flowing machine hands down.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Can't believe nobody mentioned Congo, best flowing machine hands down.

Probably because flow means diff'rent things to everyone. I can think of many a reason that Congo is the anti-flow

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably because flow means diff'rent things to everyone. I can think of many a reason that Congo is the anti-flow

How dare you to talk down Amy!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Ya....your not playing it to it’s fullest. Start hitting the arrows to advance rafts and it flows. Use the Spine Chiller to get to the upper playfield, hit insanity falls, nail a couple of disaster drops, then spin one through the boulder pops and the the game starts whizzing

When I play WW like that my ball last 15 seconds I need to play better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-smoothest-shooting-flowiest-pinball-machine-ever/page/2?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.