(Topic ID: 264232)

what is the situation with pinball events ?

By jimy_speedt

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi!

In western Europe, events are cancelled one by one since about 10 days ago. All restaurants, cafés, shops are closed with no actual reopening date. Only pharmacies and food shops are open, for the time being.

I hold a pinball day end of August but it is too early to say if it will take place. what is the situation at your location ?

Sad stuff !

#2 4 years ago

Same question lingering here. I’m holding my first event in August and it’s makes me nervous! Signs point to this definitely being well under control by then, but nobody knows. Only time will tell as we study this virus.

#3 4 years ago

USA is closed down for the time being. No end game in sight. When there is a decline in new cases things will start to reopen, and those that did not get the virus yet will be fair game.

#4 4 years ago

https://nwpinballshow.com/

Currently scheduled for June 5 - 7 (God willing and the Puget Sound don't rise).

#5 4 years ago

Anything two months out or less is probably going to be cancelled. NYCPC was cancelled today, as was our New England pingolf series in Vermont. Spent a lot of today cancelling hotels and travel.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Anything two months out or less is probably going to be cancelled. NYCPC was cancelled today, as was our New England pingolf series in Vermont. Spent a lot of today cancelling hotels and travel.

Like he said, if the time is coming right up, it will probably be cancelled. If the time is farther out, they will leave options open until it gets closer.

No event can know what is going to happen. I'm already worried about events that happen in June and July. But there would be no reason for them to comment on something this early. But if we are in the same situation a month before them, they will probably cancel as well.

#7 4 years ago

Now everyone must stay home. No meeting, no group, no public nor private event. orders are closed within Europe. For me it is a big deception as Europe is unable to give answers. Every country must cope with this shit.

Hope you are all healthy, pals !!!

#8 4 years ago

Big event, Texas Pinball Festival, is canceled.
    It was scheduled for this coming weekend.

Regional pinball tournaments within Louisiana have been / are canceled that have a March date, and early/mid Apr dates likely also canceled or postponed.

#9 4 years ago

The Louisville Arcade Expo was one of, if not "the" last big show to happen here in the States, from Mar 6-8... barely sneaking under the wire as things were starting to blow up. It was kind of a weird place to be: I set up for 4 days and nervous jokes and hand sanitizer were abundant - but it was still a questionable decision to be in that crowd and opinions on the threat were very mixed. As it happened, the first nearby Covid case was reported during the show, and the governor started shutting things down just days later. Thankfully now past the understood incubation period, I'm not aware of anyone having been afflicted at the show, which in hindsight seems like a miracle. I hope it's true.

Many people were loathe to admit it, but a significant portion of would-be-showgoers for the bigger festivals like Texas and MGC were begging for the events to cancel officially - which they did. And if LAX had been just a week later I would not have gone.

Best thing to do is ride this out for as long as it takes, preserve your health and sanity for the first show once all clear is given. Shows aren't fun if people are sick, or fearful of getting sick, and you'd be insane to risk it now given what we've learned in just the past couple weeks. Everyone needs to take care of themselves, their family, and neighbors, as much as possible. Especially if they're the ones that would bring the cool games

#10 4 years ago

I would say it's safe to assume that all shows will be canceled for the next couple of months.

My favorite event...of any kind...was canceled (Texas Pinball Festival).
    I really hope the Houston arcade expo won't be. It isn't until the end of the year, however.

#11 4 years ago

Here in Calif,we are holding our breath for CAX in July,and PAGG in Oct.The G.S.P.F.in Lodi in May is cancelled

#12 4 years ago

Summerfest is a huge week long music event that takes place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin every year at the end of June - beginning of July. Summerfest has announced they will postpone and are now trying to set the event for September. I realize the question was about pinball shows but I thought I would point to this as an example . If there is any pinball shows planned for the summer in the US they will most likely be canceled or postponed.

#13 4 years ago

olympic games are postponed, big losses for Japan. Africa is a huge issue. It is the biggest worldwide challenge of our time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-situation-with-pinball-events- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.