(Topic ID: 16633)

What is the single greatest video mode ever on a PM?

By TigerLaw25

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Alright, well I know there are a decent number of people that do not care for video modes at all, hopefully this thread is not taken over by that view point. So, here is the question:

Out of the video modes on the different games that have them, which one is the best?

I will offer up DW's as it actually is challenging and has huge meaning to the game (it is the easiest way to grab multiple doctors and increase your bonuses...also, a good way to get big points if you have the multiplier up high.

#2 7 years ago

BSD extra hard setting

#3 7 years ago

LW3's shoot the bad guy is easily the most fun. Pop him 6 times in immediate succession by pulling the trigger (ball launch) while the ball is still in play. BSD's is a distant second.

#5 7 years ago

Would agree that BSD and FT are both fantastic - best for me for sure. Probably go with BSD for winner as without fail, the adrenalin pumps!

#6 7 years ago

I would really like to play FT someday . . . hopefully it will be brought to a show I attend in the future.

#7 7 years ago

IJ lost mine is fun.BSD extra hard is a good one too.

#10 7 years ago

Didn't we just have this thread? The answer is Fish Tales and it's "Bob," not "Pop."

#11 7 years ago

FT is good. Creature is good. I might have to go mine carts though. It's a long one.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

The answer is Fish Tales and it's "Bob," not "Pop."

Bob, Pop, whatever. What a great game.

#13 7 years ago

I have both FT and BSD,and I have to go with FT on
    this one.But if you want hard try JM video mode It's
    very difficult to master

#14 7 years ago

Shooting terminators and hunter ships on T2, hitting the elusive EB was a nice victory.

#16 7 years ago

I like the "Save the Children" video mode on MM, including the "Save the Calves" Easter Egg. AFM's is pretty cool too.

#17 7 years ago

I am partial to IJ as it has 2 very good video modes (3 video modes overall). My vote goes for the mine cart in IJ.

BSD, T2, Shadow Phurba mode and Indiana Medallion are all similar.

#18 7 years ago

"listen to them....the children of the night."

#19 7 years ago

Mine cart on IJ - one day I will get to the end. Anybody know if there is a fixed pattern to win?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

LW3's shoot the bad guy is easily the most fun. Pop him 6 times in immediate succession by pulling the trigger (ball launch) while the ball is still in play. BSD's is a distant second.

Yes, definitely really fun because you have to keep the ball in play at the same time. And peppering the bad guy is quite satisfying. "GRAB THE GUN AND FIRE" PAP PAP PAP PAP PAP PAP

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

jitneystand1 said:LW3's shoot the bad guy is easily the most fun. Pop him 6 times in immediate succession by pulling the trigger (ball launch) while the ball is still in play. BSD's is a distant second.
    Yes, definitely really fun because you have to keep the ball in play at the same time. And peppering the bad guy is quite satisfying. "GRAB THE GUN AND FIRE" PAP PAP PAP PAP PAP PAP

i've never played LW3, but that sounds exactly like DE SW's stormtrooper shootout.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i've never played LW3, but that sounds exactly like DE SW's stormtrooper shootout.

Goldeneye also has a similar shootout video mode where you have to keep the ball in play while shooting the guards on the DMD with the pistol shooter. Its always a little exciting having to take your right hand off the flipper button during play.

#24 7 years ago

I love video modes, except for ones that are too easy to master. For instance, HS2, very easy to master after a few times. Shift to 5th, sit on the line, weave in and out. Very easy. CP's catching spit in the pot is cool, sometimes grab an EB too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 21.00
    $ 100.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside