View topic image gallery

115999675_2638757146225582_7659372904518520620_o (resized).jpg
$_86-26 (resized).JPG
$_86-32 (resized).JPG
$_86-23 (resized).JPG
m_titanic.jpg
kooy_.gif
#1 12 years ago

Just got the flyer for this game... it's by Stern and kind of looks like a pin, but doesn't appear to have any flipper buttons... anyone know how you play it?

#2 12 years ago

Its a Ticket Redemption Game.. Drop the Coin in an aim for targets to get tickets.

#3 12 years ago

I've played it, it's a token eater

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Drop the Coin in an aim for targets to get tickets.

What do you aim with? Does the coin itself roll down to hit/fall in stuff, or does a ball get released? How do you aim?

#5 12 years ago

The Coin Mech moves so you can point it at targets.. Yes the coin rolls down and hits stuff.

#6 12 years ago

Its made out of old TSPP parts. Homers head, Itchy & Scratchy, Comic Book Guy, Daredevil Bart and even some of the DMD animations are used. You roll a coin in and there are rising/falling ramps and various moving targets, if you get the coin in the dunktank or in Homer's donut or something like that you win tickets...I've made it sound quite good but honestly its not...

#7 12 years ago

Redemption games are the bane of my existence.

#8 12 years ago

Alot of skeeballs are redemption games now, skeeball is awesome! They should design all the new pins with ticket dispensers too, maybe the kids will play them more and get hooked

#9 12 years ago

Alot of skeeballs are redemption games now, skeeball is awesome! They should design all the new pins with ticket dispensers too, maybe the kids will play them more and get hooked

They do have a tech mech for Pinballs. Stern has had it for a few years now its a box that bolts onto the side.

Kooky Carnival pics attached

kooy_.gifkooy_.gif

#10 12 years ago

Yeah I've seen this silly thing at CEC a few times. If I actually liked the Simpsons I'd give it a try. It has to run the Whitestar system. I also saw another machine similar to this called "Titanic" or something. It uses a gas plasma display but I don't know who makes it.

Edit: It's a redemption game by SEGA.

m_titanic.jpgm_titanic.jpg

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Alot of skeeballs are redemption games now, skeeball is awesome!

Skeeball is cool. I'll give you that. It's just the whole concept of kiddy gambling that bugs me. That, and the fact that redemption games have virtually replaced traditional arcade games.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah I've seen this silly thing at CEC a few times. If I actually liked The Simpsons I'd give it a try. It has to run the Whitestar system. I also saw another machine similar to this called "Titanic" or something. It uses a gas plasma display but I don't know who makes it.
Edit: It's a redemption game by SEGA.

Attachments m_titanic.jpg (29.8 KB, 0 downloads) 2 minutes old

Sega Pinball made Titanic, Did use a Plasma Display and a white star board as well...

If you guys got redemption questions ask away, Ive got LOTS of experience in them

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

They do have a tech mech for Pinballs. Stern has had it for a few years now its a box that bolts onto the side.

They have a Tron that dispenses tickets at Gameworks. Last time I was there it was broken. I asked the tech if he could fix it, and he said he wasn't allowed to work on it because the game was actually owned by Stern and not Gameworks.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If you guys got redemption questions ask away, Ive got LOTS of experience in them

I've got one. POTC at our CEC dispenses tickets, but it's a big card, not really a 1" CEC ticket. How are these redeemed and how many real tickets are they worth?

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Gexchange said:If you guys got redemption questions ask away, Ive got LOTS of experience in them
I've got one. POTC at our CEC dispenses tickets, but it's a big card, not really a 1" CEC ticket. How are these redeemed and how many real tickets are they worth?

Humm I have seen cards like that before.. Normally they are some sort of Collectible card though rather then being redeemed the idea is to collect all X number of cards.. But its been 10 years since I have seen a machine running a dispenser like that.

Wonder if its good for something else like free pizza, Free Tokens or free beer?

#16 12 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't know since the guy playing 30 minutes before me bumped the card score into orbit (50 million).

#17 12 years ago

Dennis Nordman designed Kooky Carnival. Most Chuck E Cheeses have them. My kids play it from time to time. Has a shaker motor mounted to the bottom of the playfield, which keeps it 'interesting', as you can aim the mech you insert the token in. Token rolls along the playfield on edge, and you score points for where you direct it.

Has whitestar board set and DMD display.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Has whitestar board set and DMD display.

Actually, no, Kooky Carnival is a SAM game, including >3 shades of orange. It does use a lot of the source voice from the pinball, however. It's based on an old whitestar coin rolldown called Sega Sports.

Titanic (later, Monopoly) was whitestar, however.

#19 12 years ago

We know Homer would love that!!!

3 years later
#21 8 years ago

sorry for the necro, guys. was just playing this at Chuck E Cheese with my daughters spare coins. i thought the DMD art and mechs looked like Stern and i was right!

by the way i was utterly cleaning house on this thing. i was winning the 50-ticket jackpot at will. my handful of coins accounted for like 200 of our 250 tickets redeemed.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sorry for the necro, guys. was just playing this at Chuck E Cheese with my daughters spare coins. i thought the DMD art and mechs looked like Stern and i was right!
by the way i was utterly cleaning house on this thing. i was winning the 50-ticket jackpot at will. my handful of coins accounted for like 200 of our 250 tickets redeemed.

This was my exact experience as well. It really helped pass the time while my step-daughter was doing her thing at a birthday party though. I immediately regretted winning her all those extra tickets when she was redeeming them 10 at a time at the end of the party. haha.

1 year later
#23 6 years ago

I know its a long shot but does anyone know anyone selling this game in Canada? Any info would be helpful. Thank you

3 years later
#24 3 years ago

This is a rare machine of stern ,not many people own this machine or knowing even thats it excitst and it runs on a sam system & not on whitestar.
Back in the day they used them for the boards to repair (stern)pinball machines & thats why there are not many anymore of these machines.
Its wanted for big collections/musea to putt against a tspp pinball machine and because its the only redemption game from stern.
This machine is unique and for sure the coolest coin pusher out there and super rare!
$_86-23 (resized).JPG$_86-23 (resized).JPG$_86-32 (resized).JPG$_86-32 (resized).JPG$_86-26 (resized).JPG$_86-26 (resized).JPG

#25 3 years ago

This is, as above, a cool little machine!!

I own TSPP and the DE Simpsons, so wanted this to complement the collection!

Found 2 here in Oz so bought them both! Won't be selling any time soon!

I fell in love with the artwork! Gameplay is ok but being a Simpsons collector of sorts as well, this was a must buy!

115999675_2638757146225582_7659372904518520620_o (resized).jpg115999675_2638757146225582_7659372904518520620_o (resized).jpg
#26 3 years ago

I played this game as a kid. I've definitely seen this game around at a few different redemption arcades. It seems like kind of an unfair/unrewarding game, even more so than I would imagine would be necessary for a redemption game. I could be wrong about that. Has anyone actually seen a big prize get awarded on this game? After this I'm going to go to youtube and see if I can find footage of such.

If I owned a sufficiently big pinball museum, it would be cool to do a line of DE Simpsons, TSPP, and this. You could have a placard explaining about how the Simpsons licensor wasn't that careful with their IP with the DE pinball, so that's why the art is so dubious and why there's three power plants. Contrasted with TSPP, where the art is all done in-house by Fox.

If it were up to me this game would have a pinside page like Hyperball, but I'm crazy like that. I realize that may be an unpopular opinion.

1 year later
#27 1 year ago

Anybody have code past 1.02?

1 year later
#28 3 months ago

I’m having trouble determining if this will fit in a normal size SUV like a CRV or 4Runner. A normal pin will fit just fine of course.

#29 3 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I’m having trouble determining if this will fit in a normal size SUV like a CRV or 4Runner. A normal pin will fit just fine of course.

i doubt it seriously

#30 3 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Nope. It doesn't come apart or fold up. I have a small enclosed trailer and I could get it to fit but with no ramp and no room to maneuver around I had to rent an open trailer with ramp. Mine was a Sega Sports but it's basically the same as Kooky Carnival, Cut the Cheese, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-simpsons-kooky-carnival?hl=oldbaby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.