(Topic ID: 278461)

What is the setting to turn OFF the RGB LED's in the MB remakes?

By CaptainNeo

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MBr GI (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

where do you go to turn off the RGB GI's in the new MB LE remakes? Was told you can turn off this "feature" in settings.

#2 3 years ago

A+ thread title.

#3 3 years ago

it's a legit question. they told me at shows you can turn it off.

#4 3 years ago

Yes Zach mentioned to me they could be turned off as well; thank christ.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's a legit question.

Agree completely! I was just admiring your thread title as I thought to myself, "yeah, those things suck." Can't see the ball when it goes all red or whatever. Also, most people are bad at thread titles.

#6 3 years ago

IIRC from MMR, there's a special remake menu you get into by holding down the service credit button for a few seconds. Gotta be in there somewhere.

#7 3 years ago

Go into the CGC Menu and scroll through to the GI Lighting Menu --> RGB GI Action and set from the default of Interactive to White

#8 3 years ago

there is a special line just for GI lighting? Perfect. Good move on their part for the ones that want to be able to play the game.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there is a special line just for GI lighting? Perfect. Good move on their part for the ones that want to be able to play the game.

I'm so used to it from JJP and stern it doesn't bother me any more. But it is nice to go original now and then.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I'm so used to it from JJP and stern it doesn't bother me any more. But it is nice to go original now and then.

JJP and stern usually go white for GI's. They change from time to time for effect or for mood of a mode, but go back to white for majority of gameplay.

#11 3 years ago

If you are going to set GI to white, and intend to leave it that way indefinitely, I’d recommend swapping out the clear jet caps for the original orange ones.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

If you are going to set GI to white, and intend to leave it that way indefinitely, I’d recommend swapping out the clear jet caps for the original orange ones.

I was actually asking for someone else, that didn't know how to do it. They should just print this setting on the instruction card, or keep it white by default and let people have to work to make the lighting stupid.

#13 3 years ago

Just be aware that even when setting an SE to full white won't look like an original monster bash. The rgb lighting emulates the white look but will not be as bright or white as a classic edition. It will help though.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Just be aware that even when setting an SE to full white won't look like an original monster bash. The rgb lighting emulates the white look but will not be as bright or white as a classic edition. It will help though.

You can actually adjust the white level.

MBr GI (resized).jpgMBr GI (resized).jpg
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

RGB LED Lives Matter.

not at all. death to all colored Gi's

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-setting-to-turn-off-the-rgb-led-s-in-the-mb-remakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.