Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

389d79867e7b792bda78adc807e0722608dc51f5 (resized).jpg
20220818_092108_resized (resized).jpg
20220818_092029_resized (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hello all,

I have purchased a Fireball Classic Pin, and noticed in the manual it says to run a self test (and make changes to the sound options) to press the self test button repeatedly until reaches 18 on ball in play/credit display, BUT then it says to press/pulse the REPLAY button to change the setting - Is this the CREDIT button they are referring to?

Its named as the "Credit button" in other parts of the manual so not sure why its referred to that on this section...?

Thanks,

20220818_092029_resized (resized).jpg20220818_092029_resized (resized).jpg20220818_092108_resized (resized).jpg20220818_092108_resized (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Yes, the replay button is the credit button, you push to start the game.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for confirming...can anyone also tell me how the self test on lamps and switches is done as per this sheet below. I thought the self test turned on ALL (at the same time) the switches or solenoids, this sheet makes it seem like you can select/cycle through one switch, one solenoid or one lamp as per identification number...?

If so how do you enter this mode and cycle/test each one individually? Do I just press the credit button after you enter the self test (and all lights etc are one), and cycle accordingly using the credit button?

I didn't see this procedure on the manual, or did I miss it? or is it in the Bally general repair manual?
I will keep looking

Thanks, in advance

389d79867e7b792bda78adc807e0722608dc51f5 (resized).jpg389d79867e7b792bda78adc807e0722608dc51f5 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

Upon research, it seems that self test of solenoids energizes all solenoids (I assume for few seconds) then turns them all off and then cycles through activating each solenoid independently, while displaying the number on the back glass 'ball in play' number displays.

Correct?

Not sure how the 'switch' self test procedure works then for each individual switch self test number on sheet (also found in manual)?

#5 1 year ago

Press the test button once and all the lights will flash. Press again and the displays will sequence. Press again and....try it and you will see how it works. Best way to learn. Come back and ask questions after you try it if you are still stumped.

#6 1 year ago

Yes I tried Self test sequence yesterday (I was researching ahead of time before trying for first time, as was slighty confusing info I was getting).

I was able to change sound setting, and yes the solenoids were actuating one by one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-replay-button-confirmation-needed- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.