Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jaybird815
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5561.gif
    BD7ACE8B-321E-4594-B271-9C7F745B440D (resized).png

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

I was deployed in March. I fooled around with my new thermostat and could not get it set. Thinking I would be back June I shut everything down.
    .4 games, EM, SS . Condo , new construction . One window in room. May have blinds shut . Shut water, heat , electric off. The temperature today was 29 expect mid 20s thru 35 at night thru November. Going up to 40s during day. December much of the same. Jan/Feb could see many single diget days and a few very cold 5 to 15 degrees nights.

I work 6 days two days off. Flight back will be costly and time consuming on days off. Should I panic and get back there ? Games are in great condition.

Nope nobody I can get to turn the heat on.

#2 1 year ago

I am so confused!
    This is March and then you talk about weather in November and December
    You work 6 days and are off 2 days, but there is only 7 days in a week.
    I’m high on weed, so maybe that’s the issue.
    I think your games will be ok

#3 1 year ago

We work 6 on two rotating days . I left in March 2022 returned end of Feb 2023 . One back glass ended up damaged. Machine otherwise was at least an 8,5

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I’m high on weed, so maybe that’s the issue.

That's not the issue.
    I don't understand what the OP is talking about either.
    Is the thread title even related?

Wait, so you're home now?
    I'm even more confused.

#5 1 year ago

More important since I am a mechnaical dim wit, what does the lock do on the side of the head of Elvira ? Since you appear to be a pinball guru . I admit to being a bumbling idiot when it comes to these machines. Also , while I have removed the back glass , [yes I know that is not the proper term ] multiple times , I forgot how to reinstall as it has been off several years. Any help is appreciated.

#6 1 year ago

There were numerous responses back in March 2022 , perhaps I posted the thread twice ? But that is history.

#7 1 year ago
    BD7ACE8B-321E-4594-B271-9C7F745B440D (resized).pngBD7ACE8B-321E-4594-B271-9C7F745B440D (resized).png
    #8 1 year ago
    IMG_5561.gifIMG_5561.gif
    #10 1 year ago

This is one insane weed high! I like it!

#11 1 year ago

Don't unlock it ! That's where the script for Indiana Jones 6 is hidden.

#12 1 year ago

Best part! This is fucking April and I keep saying March cause of the weed

#13 1 year ago

Ummmm, I say yes!

#14 1 year ago

The lock is there so the key has a place to go.

#15 1 year ago

Children thank you for the help . Makes sense though Saturday night and you are on Pinsider. Yes, I am but the wife and kids are at the in laws for Easter on Marco Island. A place I am sure you cannot afford to go.

#16 1 year ago

I think I see what the issue is.

@cgdexpx: It seems that you added a new title for this thread, but somehow the text came from your old thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-i-did-something-very-dumb-

So, it seems the juxtaposition of the thread title and the text confused everyone in this thread.

Quoted from cgdexpx:

More important since I am a mechnaical dim wit, what does the lock do on the side of the head of Elvira ? Since you appear to be a pinball guru . I admit to being a bumbling idiot when it comes to these machines. Also , while I have removed the back glass , [yes I know that is not the proper term ] multiple times , I forgot how to reinstall as it has been off several years. Any help is appreciated.

The backbox lock secures the backglass and prevents it from being removed (or from falling out when being moved).

#17 1 year ago

Thank you very much. I think I figured that out just now. But since I do not have the key , I am removing the lock. And then will be able to reinstall the back glass. But you confirmed it. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Perhaps I can ask you about the locks for EM, SS games for the back metal part. I see 1/8 and 7/8 . Am I better off ordering 7/8 as the is longer . So it would catch regardless. Or will some back boxes need shorter ? I purchased one with a screw and it does not catch at all. Yes, I am terrible at mechanics. But struggling along.
    Thanks again.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from cgdexpx:

The wife and kids are on Marco Island for Easter.
    A place I am sure you cannot afford to go.

You're right. You got me. I cannot afford to go there and that makes me very sad.
    Anyone here feel sorry for me and want to start a go fund me so I can afford to go?

#19 1 year ago

Is vacationing in Florida is something for the elite now?
    This thread just gets more confusing.

#20 1 year ago

Coindork , Not at all , rates for Easter are only 763 .00 a night Marriott plus tax , plane fare , resort fee. Medium home price 816 thousand.

When can I buy you a drink there ?

#21 1 year ago

On the other hand next week I will be in San D . Maybe we can meet there for a drink. Rates much less 275.00 plus tax which is high in Cali. Though plane fare is bit higher next week around 949.00

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from cgdexpx:

On the other hand next week I will be in San D . Maybe we can meet there for a drink. Rates much less 275.00 plus tax which is high in Cali. Though plane fare is bit higher next week around 949.00

Do you speak to your mother with that mouth? Based on your rhetoric, your money must’ve came from your momma. Either way, you’re obviously not a golfer and were banished from your mythological bougie island that nobody gives two f’s about. Peace and chicken grease Pinheads

#23 1 year ago

There’s So many cooler places to hang out on the Gulf Coast then Marco

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-lock-on-the-head-of-elvira-party-mo-?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.