(Topic ID: 98649)

What is the proper plastic post size for a Williams Flash?

By NickRocco

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NickRocco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FLASH4.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I Flash that I picked has two different sized plastic posts used on the playfield. Some 1" and some 1-3/16".

What should they be?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

1-3/16” Finned Posts

#3 9 years ago

Transparent Blue C952-2

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Transparent Blue C952-2

Thank you!

#5 9 years ago

Could also be red - Williams did both colors for Flash. My informal polling suggests the red post Flash machines were mostly System 6 where the blues were System 4, though I know of people who had red posts and System 4 boards in there.

IMHO, I think the blue looks better with Flash. But you can make it whatever you want - it's your game.

viperrwk

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Could also be red - Williams did both colors for Flash. My informal polling suggests the red post Flash machines were mostly System 6 where the blues were System 4, though I know of people who had red posts and System 4 boards in there.
IMHO, I think the blue looks better with Flash. But you can make it whatever you want - it's your game.
viperrwk

I agree!

#7 9 years ago

I like the blue as well. I am even considering replacing the red arrows with blue since several have fallen out. I would have to order the red arrows from Australia at an astronomical price. The blue arrows are $ 0.50 ea.

#8 9 years ago

Here is an idea I did on mine. I took the red posts from a Phoenix and replaced them under the three drop target and put RED LED bulbs there because the plastic is RED.

FLASH4.jpgFLASH4.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Jester,

Sounds pretty cool. Can you post a picture with the lights on?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from NickRocco:

Jester,
Sounds pretty cool. Can you post a picture with the lights on?

Unfortunately I sold it and I couldn't find a good picture with the lights on ;-(

#11 9 years ago

Sorry to hear.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-proper-plastic-post-size-for-a-williams-flash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.