(Topic ID: 244786)

What is the process used to create original playfield plastics?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Absolom
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DC583C52-4D5C-45E5-B8D3-58C812B052C2 (resized).jpeg
    694476AA-EEE3-4369-A9B5-E598F7EB881B (resized).jpeg
    DCE4A275-A171-4701-B8E0-D4A6297B3FF8 (resized).jpeg
    42BEF5E5-BE84-4336-A4B9-401F53C5C49C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've read a ton of articles on reproducing customs plastics and the various methods for doing so. I'm wondering if anyone has the details on what is used to create original plastics in bulk? It seems like the artwork is screened on to the plastic and then a white layer of ink is screened on top of that. Is that about it? Seems like they are generally CNC laser cut?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Originals silkscreened all modern and most repos digital printed.

Digital printed directly to lexan or plexi or poly? And then what, how is the white background applied?

#7 4 years ago

I don't want to make reproduction I want to know what companies currently do to create the plastics on new games.

#10 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks for that info. Do you know what kind of printer is be looking for who could do this kind of printing direct to plastic with white coating? Most I've contacted don't have the capability or knowledge of doing this.

#12 4 years ago

It's several, if not more. I have a printer doing decals and I have plastic but it's a pain to cut out the specific design. Might find a local cnc shop to do it. Would rather have actual printing.

1 month later
    #17 4 years ago

Try posting in a club thread, never know what someone has.

#20 4 years ago

I have to say the plastics on my JJPoTC are grainy and underwhelming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-process-used-to-create-original-playfield-plastics?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.