(Topic ID: 3858)

What is the pricing range for a Whirlwind?

By mminnoch

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

What is the expected price range for a working Whirlwind in good condition (with the fan topper) in California? Pinside tells me $1020 - $1180 -- is that range accurate?

Whirlwind owners (if you don't mind sharing) -- what did you pay and when?

Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

I thinks that is a little low. I see WW going in Northern Cal. and Oregon for 1200-1700.

#3 12 years ago

Got mine for $1000.00 at an auction.You always take a chance buying pins at auctions,but this one turned out to be in good shape.

#4 12 years ago

I just paid 1800. I think it was a little high, but I wanted it and the seller had it. It does have a lot of new parts so I will save money by not having to buy parts I guess.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the insights. If I purchase the Whirlwind, I'll provide pricing info and pictures.

#6 12 years ago

I paid 710 for a diamond plate playfield one a couple of years ago, but it needed some switches and tweaking (and a new display), also has a gouged up backbox that I need to fix someday. At the moment I am probably into it for about 1100. There is one for sale where I am (Florida) on Craigslist that does not look to bad for 1150. I almost considered buying it to switch the backbox and had him down to 1000, but decided to pass.

One of the best games I have had, I would pay more for a nice one if it came my way.

Bill

4 months later
#7 12 years ago

I just bought one today for $1695 in Indianapolis. It came out of a warehouse and I bought it from a dealer. I'd say it's in near-excellent shape for being built in 1990. There is barely any noticeable wear on the targets, ramps & holes. The price seemed fair to me as the dealer did put a little work into it before the sale. It should last me a long time. Plus my wife loves it which is always a bonus.

#8 12 years ago

I would love to own a Whirlwind someday. Great pin

#9 12 years ago

I saw an ad for a Whirlwind going for 800 in San Diego less than a week ago. I'm sure it's sold by now.

#10 12 years ago

never played it but i saw a bunch of youtube videos and looks interesting

#11 12 years ago

The pinside price is a little low. I have my eye on one at a dealer for $1700

#12 12 years ago

WW is one of my favorite A# pins.

#13 12 years ago

One of our members here "exejet" I think had one for sale in Columbus Ohio for $1300.00

#14 12 years ago

Whirlwind is the best bang for the buck in the top 25

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Whirlwind is the best bang for the buck in the top 25

I totally agree with ya, Whirlwind is an awesome pin all the way 'round!

#16 12 years ago

theres one for 1600 in mi

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from terrable:

theres one for 1600 in mi

it's a total POS if it's the one i'm thinking of.

#18 12 years ago

This is helpful. I'm thinking of trading my T3 for one. I have my T3 for sale at 2000. Think maybe 500 plus Whirlwind = T3.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I saw an ad for a Whirlwind going for 800 in San Diego less than a week ago. I'm sure it's sold by now.

It's sold, I know this because I'm sitting right next to it. Good deal for $800 but I will probably have $1100 into it to get it up to par, not to mention hours of labor.

Overall, I think a nice shopped Whirlwind should be in the $1200 range without DP $1500 with.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This is helpful. I'm thinking of trading my T3 for one. I have my T3 for sale at 2000. Think maybe 500 plus Whirlwind = T3.

Sounds fair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-pricing-range-for-a-whirlwind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.