(Topic ID: 121706)

What is the pin you couldn't get rid of fast enough?

By Animal

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cranie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro 2.jpg
image.jpg
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

I havent hated any pin Ive had but the one that lasted the least amount of time, 4 months, was Breakshot. Fun enough game but I stopped playing it after a month.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

South Park and Avengers LE. The second being the biggest cheapest turd Stern has ever built. And it could have been so great.

Avengers LE for me too. I was sick of it the first day. I still have it but it will probably be traded some day. I occasionally play it hopeing that it will grow on me but I think it's hopeless.

#103 9 years ago

Bought a High Speed thinking that I would love it, and sold it about 5 or 6 weeks later. Didn't hate it, just got bored with it.

#104 9 years ago

Wipeout. Got it as a package with my Tommy and intended to trade or sell it from the start. But I never thought it would suck as bad as it did. I had it for sale within a couple of days of getting it working.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Monopoly. The sounds drove my family crazy.

I hate to admit this, because I am a huge Monopoly fan, and I really wanted to love the pin, but the sound package is what eventually drove me to sell the game.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Somebody's got to end up with the rejects.

It's how my wife ended up with me.

#107 9 years ago

SW:E1.

Fastest game I ever sold. Sold it 6 weeks or so after I bought it NIB for a small profit. Then bought a new SW:E1 kit (I have an RFM). Sold the kit last year after never having taken it out of the box.

#108 9 years ago

Dr. Who

That damn Dalek....ugh!

#109 9 years ago

Any Stern except Simpsons, Family Guy or AC/DC. Everything else is a yawnfest. Can't stand the crappy printed artwork and cheap flipper feel...

#110 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#111 9 years ago

^^^^^^Is that the LE?

#112 9 years ago

Two I have a huge issue with Ted Nugent & Nitro Ground Shaker. I have owned a couple Nugent's and I hate a music theme pin with no music but backglass art is neat so I keep thinking I like it until I own it again.

Nitro Ground Shaker is the worst one for me so far - I love the theme and the backglass is fantastic (since I have been into racing for years) but I just don't like the game play on it. I have owned 5 or 6 of them and every time I sell one I end up buying another one.

Crazy thing with that machine is I have actually owned more of them then I have played complete games on one. Normally I buy one - fix it up - play a ball or two and shut it off and it just sits. Next thing you know I am selling it. Once it is gone I am looking for another one? I bought my latest one a few months ago and never even set it up yet.

I think my son was right about Nitro - he told me to buy a backglass & frame it to hang on the wall. The backglass is the best part of that machine for sure!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

^^^^^^Is that the LE?

LOL! DE didn't make LEs...I think you're confused!

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

DE didn't make LEs

Maybe not, but they made my GnR.

#116 9 years ago

I only own one pin, but my office has between 3-5 that rotate. Right now we have Metallica, T2, Starship Troopers, Demolition Man and South Park. I can't wait for them to rotate something else in. Not one of these I could own, I find myself playing the Metallica but it's the best of the worst.

#117 9 years ago

Wow, you have 5 awesome machines at your place of work. That is awesome! Those are hardly bad machines though and I think you are being insulting by calling Metallica the best of the worst.

#118 9 years ago

Fastest through my hands were CV and Creech.
CV I'd probably give a second chance but Creech did absolutely nothing for me... and I really wanted to love it.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Wow, you have 5 awesome machines at your place of work. That is awesome! Those are hardly bad machines though and I think you are being insulting by calling Metallica the best of the worst.

They all just have quirks that I don't like. Metallica I'm not a fan of the band and they rotated Addams Family out when they brought it in and i'm jaded. T2 is great looking game and cool theme but just not that engaging. Starship Troopers is another cool theme but that little flipper is weird, I guess I just like them more traditional. Demolition Man has weak flippers and is super slow but I guess I shouldn't judge it. South Park well it's just not that good in my opinion.

I guess of this batch, T2 is one I could own. It's a machine that you can really make look amazing and still seems resonable priced.

Didn't mean to insult anyone.

#120 9 years ago

I don't see the insult there at all. Although T-2 is the best of the bunch. You could always take your Jurassic Park into work to spruce up the place.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, you thought you had done your due diligence (or believed the hype) on that pin, you got it home and you were underwhelmed. So you thought you'd give it a chance, but quickly came to the conclusion that it had to go.

Did this happen to you? What pin was it? Why did you sell it?

Traded a 1 owner Tron Pro w/ Light cycles , arcade mod and another mod under 130 plays for a
NIB Mustang Pro + $ 900 cash a Shaker and delivery ... Biggest Mistake I ever did !!

Was a Beautiful Pin but I couldn't stand it .. Music sucked .. etc ...................

Tron Pro.jpgTron Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro 2.jpgMustang Pro 2.jpg
Mustang Pro.jpgMustang Pro.jpg

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't see the insult there at all. Although T-2 is the best of the bunch. You could always take your Jurassic Park into work to spruce up the place.

I know JP isn't highly rated and DE doesn't seem that popular but it was in my price point and I'm super happy with it.

#123 9 years ago

Getaway for me just dont have many shots and got boring really fast

#124 9 years ago

Congo...was probably the nicest B\W games I've seen. second owner bought it in 1997 and it never moved from the spot in the basement. Played the game for a week and thought it was Meh. Tore it down and did a complete rebuild...it was even more Meh.

Spell Grey..bash flippers...collect diamonds

Super Multiball...

Sadly... the movie is better than the pin

Honorable mention to TOTAN and TZ

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Traded a 1 owner Tron Pro w/ Light cycles , arcade mod and another mod under 130 plays for a
NIB Mustang Pro + $ 900 cash a Shaker and delivery ... Biggest Mistake I ever did !!
Was a Beautiful Pin but I couldn't stand it .. Music sucked .. etc ...................
Tron Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro 2.jpg
Mustang Pro.jpg

I'm with you BR. My two were Tron LE and Apollo 13. These are classic examples of theme isn't always enough. I'm a huge Tron fan. I have a Tron upright arcade. I've owned an EDOT (for the hardcore nerds). I couldn't get passed the bizarre music.

Apollo 13 was another. I love NASA and space program stuff. The shots are narrow and I'm not that good of a player. The 13 ball gimmick wasn't enough for me to keep it.

My Mustang plays Frampton, Zeppelin, Van Halen, Rush and the Eagles. I'm only selling it to fund an LE!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 9 years ago

For me, my top two were Whirlwind......the storm is coming, the storm is coming, the storm is coming, the storm is coming!!!! AHHH!!!!! I get it!!! Got rid of that one! That game just pissed me off all the time too!

The other one was Creature....Bought one for $2500, owned it 1 month, sold it to some friends for $2300. Just couldn't get into it. Theme is great, art is great but I didn't like the play and the damn play field is so covered! I don't like a pin that in order to see a shot, you need to crouch down to look under a ramp.....

One that I didn't own, but does nothing for me is Xenon.....just pretty boring.

#127 9 years ago

Fastest turnaround for me ever. BSD….WCS94 was second fastest. Regrets selling: WPT (I will own another dome day.) and a game that will never leave is LOTR. still my favorite by far.

#128 9 years ago

You lost out on BSD - you really need to have this game for a while to learn and appreciate all it's aspects. I didn't totally love it when I first got it, but once you get layers of multi-ball going, well ......

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You lost out on BSD - you really need to have this game for a while to learn and appreciate all it's aspects. I didn't totally love it when I first got it, but once you get layers of multi-ball going, well ......

had layers and layers. beat it many times. just not my kind of game. we all have different likes.

#130 9 years ago

Big Guns . Might have been because it was in such crap condition but it lasted about 5 days. Close second, Tron Pro

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Tron Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro 2.jpg
Mustang Pro.jpg

Love my Mustang. Custom music, great code, smooth shots. Different strokes!

#132 9 years ago

For me it is pretty much any Lawlor title. I keep hearing their praises, buy one, hate it, sell, repeat. I think I have had Funhouse and TAF 4 times now... LOL .... I will say that I like that they are super easy to sell

#133 9 years ago

STTNG - what a mechanical nightmare to keep running correctly! Couldn't wait to sell it!
TOTAN - I always thought it would be a long term keeper, one day I was playing and I just lost complete interest in the game. It is worth too much to hang onto a game that I could sell or trade to get another in its place.
Funhouse - another classic that I loved playing at the arcade, got bored with I real quick in a home environment.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

STTNG - what a mechanical nightmare to keep running correctly! Couldn't wait to sell it!
TOTAN - I always thought it would be a long term keeper, one day I was playing and I just lost complete interest in the game. It is worth too much to hang onto a game that I could sell or trade to get another in its place.
Funhouse - another classic that I loved playing at the arcade, got bored with I real quick in a home environment.

I think I keep TOTAN around because it's such a pretty game. I think the sound, music and light show are exceptional as well. It's just a great all around package with the exception of the ruleset. Shallow as all heck. Luckilly, I'm a terrible player or I would have probably gotten bored with it a long time ago.

#135 9 years ago

Indy Jones Sterns

Pre Ordered, had to have

gone before 100 plays...

---
there was no thought behind it, if code was properly treated might have been more but

oh well

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I never had one I got rid of quickly because I hated it. The ones that moved along fast only left because I made trades for something I wanted more.....

This is what happened to me with RBION. I only had it for about a month, which is by far the shortest I have ever owned a game. It's not that I didn't like it, but a trade opportunity presented itself that I couldn't pass up.

#137 9 years ago

For me it was a race between Monopoly and Funhouse. However, Monopoly won… Way too long of a drive and the board caught on fire day two… rebuilt and then hated gameplay.

#138 9 years ago

TWD Pro. Simply terrible, in my opinion.

Hard to believe you can make a game like Metallica Pro (amazing) and then produce the walking dead pro (turd).

#139 9 years ago

#1 BDK - Bought new and wanted it gone the same day. Only took a couple weeks to get rid of it. Not Sterns worst (that honor goes to IJ4), but it's right up there.
#2 Jackbot - Nothing to do - lasted a couple month's
#3 T2 - I wanted to like it (great theme), just couldn't.
#4 RFM - Best of the bunch, but too easy...

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I know this is borderline heresy, but for me it was Fathom. The sound 'strobing' while you're playing the strobjust couldn't handle it.

I really think that Fathom has a great overall design. While I agree that the strobing audio tended to annoy, the game allowed the strobing audio to be easily disabled in favor of a more pleasing audio, sans the strobing/wave sound. I hope that you were aware of that alternative audio function before deciding to sell your Fathom.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Congo...was probably the nicest B\W games I've seen. second owner bought it in 1997 and it never moved from the spot in the basement. Played the game for a week and thought it was Meh. Tore it down and did a complete rebuild...it was even more Meh.
Super Multiball...
Sadly... the movie is better than the pin
Honorable mention to TOTAN and TZ

Sadly, you found the most boring way to play an extremely good pin with several different objectives and strategies to shoot for!

#142 9 years ago

Definitely Jackbot.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sadly, you found the most boring way to play an extremely good pin with several different objectives and strategies to shoot for!

Its ok tho everyone has different opinions tz is my favorite pin but a lot dont like it same with any pin people just have different taste no need to defend it . I dont like alot of pins others like but I do t try to defend any bc everyone likes things for different reasons .

#144 9 years ago

You could change the title of this post to:

"What are the best games out there"

...and I wouldn't think anything of it when I read through.

Yeesh...some awesome titles here.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You could change the title of this post to:
"What are the best games out there"
...and I wouldn't think anything of it when I read through.
Yeesh...some awesome titles here.

Its the perfect balance that keeps the pinuniverse going. Either direction leaves someone who wants that game.

#146 9 years ago

Soon every game in some peoples collection will be on this list. Let the butthurt begin....

#147 9 years ago

It's great to see the diversity of games. Even "A titles" with high sale prices don't necessarily mean great games to everyone. That's been what has been one of my favorite things about having been in the hobby now for a little while is realizing not to buy into the hype. There are plenty of "A titles" I have no desire to ever own, and plenty out of the "Top 100" I'd love to have in my collection one day. Pinball is a passion that is very subjective, which is part of what makes it so interesting and enticing.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

For me has to be Who Dunnit. Love the theme and sound, but the gameplay got old really fast. Whenever I wanted to play pinball, I allways turned something else on. Sold it and have not missed it at all.

Totally agree with that.After a few weeks of owing it,I knew it wasn't going to stay.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think my son was right about Nitro - he told me to buy a backglass & frame it to hang on the wall. The backglass is the best part of that machine for sure!

One could apply that to Bally's Lost World also.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

One could apply that to Bally's Lost World also.

Bally had some really nice backglass art for a few years but gameplay just wasn't as good as the art on several late 1970's & early 1980's machines in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7.50
Cabinet - Decals
J and D Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-pin-you-couldnt-get-rid-of-fast-enough/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.