(Topic ID: 121706)

What is the pin you couldn't get rid of fast enough?

By Animal

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cranie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tron Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro 2.jpg
image.jpg

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

+1
preach on brotha

#52 4 years ago

For me it was Austin Powers. Love the theme - hate the way it plays. Shoot same shots over and over to get MB, even the wizard mode was just more of the same. And literally could not get rid of it. It took me over 6 months to get it sold at a very fair price that was actually 100-200 less than what I paid for it.

#53 4 years ago

Tron-I couldn't understand why everyone loved it. People would say "it's the theme" but I disagree. I love nascar but find the game boring; with Tron I enjoyed the movie yet thought the game was a three shot game

RCT-wth... Completely boring. Five games in and I was regretting my purchase.

Wolverine-I had a chance to almost break even shortly before the first code update. A total stranger suggested that I wait until the code update. I did. Still stunk. I waited for the next two updates and the game was still wanting.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

Disco Fever.
There are hardly any machines I don't like, but wow - just wow. The banana flippers are horrible and probably make the game 10x worse than it really is.
It's been over 10 years since I had it and I still have nightmares about it...

That is one of funniest things I have read here...

I have felt the same about Tron, played it a bunch of time, its a fun play, but I don't see the WOW that everybody goes on about.

I see one person regretted TZ. Anyone else? Anyone regret buying MM or ac/dc?

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

That is one of funniest things I have read here...
I have felt the same about Tron, played it a bunch of time, its a fun play, but I don't see the WOW that everybody goes on about.
I see one person regretted TZ. Anyone else? Anyone regret buying MM or ac/dc?

I regret putting $1000 down on a new MM! Does that count?

#56 4 years ago

CV. Thought it was an interesting game until I owned it. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough, couldn't stand it after a few days of ownership.

#57 4 years ago

I500.

Played it a decent number of times on location and at someone's house. Always enjoyed playing it. Got it home and I knew I disliked it in less than 2 days of ownership. Put it up for sale in a week.

#58 4 years ago

Hook.....Hook.....HOOK!

Later,
EV

#59 4 years ago

For me, it was STTNG. I got it as a project and had a real good time going through it and getting it clean and working 100%. But when it was done, what a disappointment. I don't mind short ball times but the outlanes are so frustrating that I quickly put it up for sale. I don't mind nudging, but you have to pretty much wrestle this machine to keep the ball in play. No thanks!

#60 4 years ago

Hardbody! I really dislike ANY electronic Gottlieb/ Premiere; I have had several and hated them all.

#61 4 years ago

Southpark and Ball Atlantis!!

#62 4 years ago

Oh, Roller Coaster Tycoon as well. I bought it NIB thinking it's a Lawlor game, how can you miss?

Ugh, the sound. And clunky. Just, ugh.

I think I lost $1,000 selling it.

#63 4 years ago

For Me,

SWE1 and RFM. The quickest in and out machines for me. Bought them almost at the same time. After 1-2 weeks, the novelty wore off and they were just taking up the space where 2 good machines could go.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I see one person regretted TZ. Anyone else?

Bought a nice a TZ in 97 for $1300 (going rate). Sold it in less than 3 months. Had so much more fun fixing it than playing it.

At the time I thought I did good selling it for a sweet $1700.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The next game that'll leave because I don't like it is Metallica

Let me know when the time comes, I got a shaq attaq + ca$h

#66 4 years ago

comet

I really liked the artwork but found the lay out got old quick. I wouldn't say it's bad though, just the quickest I've gotten sick of a pin I've had in my house.

#67 4 years ago

I never really instantly hated a pin a bought - and for me it is usually the annoying sound that caused me to push them off.

Haunted House and Gorgar are perfect examples of this.

#68 4 years ago

X-Men LE. I love the theme, but......I put a sheet over it until final code, still disappointed. It was a financially devastating experience finally dumping it.

#69 4 years ago

Dr. Who, loved in the arcade but the screeching was too much

#70 4 years ago

TOM by far. Next would be LW3.

#72 4 years ago

WOZ. I tried and tried, but just couldn't get into the theme.

#73 4 years ago

X-men le

#74 4 years ago

I hate my broken pinball machines more than any pinball machine that I have sold and that includes South Park. The only times I have regretted having a pinball machine is when I have neither the money or the room for one that is going for a good price.

#75 4 years ago

I second the motion for "Spectrum". The audio got on my nerves. It was a fad because all the Bally collectors in the area had one. "Would you jump off a cliff because your friends did?" Live and learn.

#76 4 years ago

For me Dirty Harry. Hated the music and layout. Love seeing the differences between us. Just goes to show how different our tastes can be.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i've always enjoyed chix telling me i've got the magic over and over

Your mother doesn't count.

#78 4 years ago

South Park and Avengers LE. The second being the biggest cheapest turd Stern has ever built. And it could have been so great.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Flash
Sample Jackbot (although I kept this one waaaay too long).

Flash may not be an AFM, but it keeps me busy. Thanks again Schudel.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

For me Dirty Harry. Hated the music and layout. Love seeing the differences between us. Just goes to show how different our tastes can be.

No doubt! We love that game. Fast and fun. "I know a great place for some hot dogs".

#82 4 years ago

Police Force and TWDLE

#84 4 years ago

Ac/dc pro. Bought nib. Playfield scratched due to Stern ' s cheap attempt to prevent ball drains by putting a paperclip type wire after the Bell shot. Plus same ramp shots as Monopoly, IM, etc.. left and right ramp. So creative. ...

#85 4 years ago

CV.....I thought I would like it, wanted to Like it, but it didnt grab me, and a LOTR came available.
2 weeks

ST Premium....Dont Hate me here...Love the Warp shot, but not much else
2 weeks

F14 The LEDS bothered me too much, it was clear coated....WAY TOO FAST for an old man
6 weeks

Xenon Not as good as my memory from Teenager
3 weeks

Monopoly...WTF? Just easy for me. Lasted 1 week

Tron....The music kept playing in my head and I couldnt sleep
3 weeks

#86 4 years ago

X-Files - Got to be the worse Sega game . Just has to be..
Shaq Attaq - Hated the " Shoot The Basket" and having to manually launch the balls into the locker for multiball...

#87 4 years ago

For me has to be Who Dunnit. Love the theme and sound, but the gameplay got old really fast. Whenever I wanted to play pinball, I allways turned something else on. Sold it and have not missed it at all.

#89 4 years ago

Road Show.

Look, the game has a lot to do on it, and I totally get why people love it.

For me....I just can't take it. Take two things I can't stand (Country Music and Road Construction), jam them together, and it is a theme straight out of Hell that I just can't get past.

The drawl...the twang...the horror of those dead-eyed Red and Ted monstrosities.

(I probably shouldn't be saying this, seeing as I still have one left to sell).

I remember talking to Pat Lawlor's wife at the 2013 Expo. She told me that out of all the games that Pat had designed, Road Show was her favorite. They took a bunch of road trips, and she felt all nostalgic for those vacations when she played it.

Again...it's not for me, but I get why people like it.

Pete

#90 4 years ago

The funny thing with this thread (and nearly every "worst" thread I run across):

I absolutely LOOOOOVE a vast majority of the games that get mentioned. I'm sure the rest of you see a bunch of your favorites listed above, also. (I'll be honest, some of the titles I see mentioned here are absolutely horrifying to me...some of my all time favorites!!)

I think it is awesome that opinions vary so wildly. Games that aren't for me are perfect for someone else. It's what makes this hobby work...

Pete

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Games that aren't for me are perfect for someone else. It's what makes this hobby work...

Somebody's got to end up with the rejects.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

For me it was Austin Powers. Love the theme - hate the way it plays. Shoot same shots over and over to get MB, even the wizard mode was just more of the same. And literally could not get rid of it. It took me over 6 months to get it sold at a very fair price that was actually 100-200 less than what I paid for it.

Hm. Sounds just like AFM and MM to me. Shoot this...okay, now shoot it again. Oops...sorry, you need to shoot it again. etc, etc. The "humor" is fun the first few times around, but got old to me fast. I had AFM as a temp trade for MB. It lasted two weeks before I wanted to trade back (not that MB is all that much better). The guy offered up his WPT in its place and I was very very happy. Had another guy selling his house who needed to store MM somewhere for a month. I played it less than 20 times. Very glad I didn't have to pay to visit with these two for a while. More power to those who love them, but they're just not for me.

#93 4 years ago

Big Guns. the one game I sold where I lost interest quickly.

#94 4 years ago

Believe it or not, Medieval Madness. It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just didn't like it at the price I paid for it. 5yrs ago it cost me 8k, had it been 4k, I'd still own it. Just not enough bang for the buck (IMHO).

#95 4 years ago

HRC! JACKPOT JACKPOT JACKPOT

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Your mother doesn't count.

she was always terrible at math

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

The funny thing with this thread (and nearly every "worst" thread I run across):
I absolutely LOOOOOVE a vast majority of the games that get mentioned. I'm sure the rest of you see a bunch of your favorites listed above, also. (I'll be honest, some of the titles I see mentioned here are absolutely horrifying to me...some of my all time favorites!!)
I think it is awesome that opinions vary so wildly. Games that aren't for me are perfect for someone else. It's what makes this hobby work...
Pete

I agree, point in case is that I feel that Road Show is a fun pin and I hope I will always have the space.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i've always enjoyed chix telling me i've got the magic over and over

You made my day!!!
BTW I like them all. Just can't get rid off them. The only pinball I liked less than expected was TZ. So much hype for what is a super simple rule set.

#99 4 years ago

CV looked great, music great , hated everything else

#100 4 years ago

I have a hard time selling any pin. I just enjoy them for what they are. Since the first pin (LW3) I always told myself and my wife, that if we did buy more we would not let the collection get out of hand. No more than two at a time. So on the 3rd pin, one has to get sold. Well, we own 13 now. We still have Lethal Weapon and enjoy playing it. It has the upgraded ROM's so it is less annoying I guess...I really don't no how bad it would have been without those updated ROM's because they were installed when we bought it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Machine - For Sale
Allen, TX
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside