(Topic ID: 121706)

What is the pin you couldn't get rid of fast enough?

By Animal

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cranie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tron Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro.jpg
Mustang Pro 2.jpg
image.jpg

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

So, you thought you had done your due diligence (or believed the hype) on that pin, you got it home and you were underwhelmed. So you thought you'd give it a chance, but quickly came to the conclusion that it had to go.

Did this happen to you? What pin was it? Why did you sell it?

Edit: if the pin is in the top 20 or 30, please say what you didn't like about it.

#2 4 years ago

For me Operation Thunder. Spent months getting CPU to boot, cleaning it etc. Got it going.. and was not really digging game play.
Put it up for sale about a week after all that time getting it going.

#3 4 years ago

I know this is borderline heresy, but for me it was Fathom. The sound 'strobing' while you're playing...just couldn't handle it.

#4 4 years ago

Street Fighter 2. It was in perfect condition and I got it for a great price but that did not matter...I wanted it gone baby GONE like no other machine...

#5 4 years ago

Twister. Everybody underground now!!!!

#6 4 years ago

Dr. Dude loved the art work couldn't stand the play and the 2 ball multi ball. Never made it from the garage to the basement. Close 2nd was Bride if Pinbot. Again loved the art work but just couldn't get in to the play.

#7 4 years ago

Theater of Magic

Nice art and flow but the rule set is really bad IMO.

Some chick telling me 50 million times that "You've got the Magic" got old real fast, the feeling was not mutual.

Wasen't for me.

Kind of reminded me of a Steven King novel.....
Great potential stories, but the endings/ending was underwhelming.

Same type of disappointment felt with TOM.

#8 4 years ago

Back to the Future... Bought the game without having played it first mostly due to the awesome theme. Knew within a couple games that I wouldn't be keeping it. A+ theme with D- gameplay and ruleset. Would love to see Stern take another stab at the license!

#9 4 years ago

Spy Hunter

#10 4 years ago

South park

#11 4 years ago

I never had one I got rid of quickly because I hated it. The ones that moved along fast only left because I made trades for something I wanted more.....

#12 4 years ago

i loved the theme of Space Jam (looney tunes and Jordan). the code was horrible, couldn't stack any modes. good layout, just no depth at all. 1 mb, just boring imo.

#13 4 years ago

Williams Grand Prix

#14 4 years ago

After reflection, I supposed EATPM fell into this camp for me. I really didn't want to keep it after owning it for a while. Didn't care for all the dead-end shots.

The next game that'll leave because I don't like it is Metallica, I assume. Will wait until late spring and after any code updates that might come down the pike to cut it loose, however...

#15 4 years ago

T2-- I couldnt get rid of that fast enough. It felt like the same 2 shots over and over.

Party Animal- Just terrible to play.

#16 4 years ago

Any Gottlieb electronic.

#17 4 years ago

Monopoly. The sounds drove my family crazy.

#18 4 years ago

Xmen LE. I bought it from a distributer new but not in the box. I hated it. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The rules sucked and Wolverine was just in the way. I put it up for sale a week after I bought it and I knew I was never going to get my money back for that turd.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

T2-- I couldnt get rid of that fast enough. It felt like the same 2 shots over and over.
Party Animal- Just terrible to play.

I wasn't fond of t2 either. Way too shallow for a home environment. Just wasn't my style of game.

#21 4 years ago

SM, bought NIB, sold 1 week later

#22 4 years ago

Lights, Camera, Action for me. It was a perfect theme and has some interesting and innovative shots, but I just couldn't get into it and was ready for it to go. I'm just not a big fan of the Gottlieb SS feel for the most part; only two SS Gottliebs I really like are Stargate and Freddy, and Stargate by a mile. Dr. Dude didn't hold my attention long either. Cool game, but it was too easy for me and I was ready for something else in that spot.

#23 4 years ago

So far, from my collection, it was TZ. Felt too much like a mix of Addams and WW, which I also had at the time, and I enjoyed those pins way more. TZ just didn't do it for me.

#24 4 years ago

Fireball 2 for me, GREAT atrwork and an interesting layout was let down by awful rules and how easy the game is.

#25 4 years ago

Stern Catacomb. I would have paid to have it go.

#26 4 years ago

No Fear, Comet, and Bad Cats ..... No Fear was easy and not very good, Comet was flat out boring (enjoyed Cyclone way better), and "Meow Meow Meow Meowwwwww" every time you hit the ramp was awful.

#27 4 years ago

Phantom of the Opera. It dawned on me in two days that the artwork was the only thing the pin had going for it. Played horribly. Sold within a week.

Took a while to find a buyer for DE Star Wars, but I also wanted that gone immediately. The worst game from the DMD era imo.

#28 4 years ago

For me was "no fear" , only two weeks and had enough .

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Stern Catacomb. I would have paid to have it go.

I would have paid to take that one.
I'm with Tamoore in that I've never really hated a game, just moved some along to make room for ones I wanted more. (Or I needed money)
The ones that have gone are:
Back to the future
WOZLE
Addams family
Tales of the Arabian Knights
and Blackout (only reason that one left was because I had two)

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So far, from my collection, it was TZ. Felt too much like a mix of Addams and WW, which I also had at the time, and I enjoyed those pins way more. TZ just didn't do it for me.

After all that time I spent fixing it too!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I would have paid to take that one.

I know... I was slightly exaggerating. Catacomb is a nice pin, with a good cabinet and excellent artwork.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

After all that time I spent fixing it too!

Ha! I know, Steve... right?

#33 4 years ago

I can't wait until I own enough machines to be able to say which one I hate the most.....

#34 4 years ago

Jokerz.. Freaking hate that game

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ha! I know, Steve... right?

BTW Thanks for selling your whirlwind to Rob...I thought I had first dibs!!! After all that work I put into your TZ... From where the sun shines today we are no longer friends...

#36 4 years ago

Disco Fever.

There are hardly any machines I don't like, but wow - just wow. The banana flippers are horrible and probably make the game 10x worse than it really is.

It's been over 10 years since I had it and I still have nightmares about it...

#37 4 years ago

METLE. I enjoyed it for a while, but when it was time for it to go I couldn't see it's tail lights disappear into the horizon fast enough.

#38 4 years ago

Pinball Magic, although it was mint, I could't stand the poor sound it produced and the game itself was boring as well, a drain machine.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

BTW Thanks for selling your Whirlwind to Rob...I thought I had first dibs!!! After all that work I put into your TZ... From where the sun shines today we are no longer friends...

Wait. You told me you were done with personal collecting!!!!

#40 4 years ago

TZ...didn't like the shots very much. Replaced it with Williams IJ. Much happier.

#41 4 years ago

Flash
Sample Jackbot (although I kept this one waaaay too long).

#42 4 years ago

Hurricane. Easily the worst WPC game. And remember, that includes turds like Popeye.

#43 4 years ago

WCS94. I hated the dumbed down rules and useless saucers. Dots and sound were great, but the rules were so boring.

Rob

#44 4 years ago

I may get roasted here, but I was not a fan at all of Junkyard. Beautiful looking machine and it was in gorgeous shape but I just could not get into it. I beat Bob (I am not good either) and then it was rinse and repeat. The whole shooting the toast thing got old and really slowed down the play. At the time though I only had 3 machines so it may do better in a larger collection.

#45 4 years ago

Out of the 120 or so I've owned only one... Big Guns I know it has a lot of fans but I just could not get into it at all.

#46 4 years ago

Williams millionaire , i had an IGT slot machine for barter on craigslist ,when someone offered me a williams sys11 game for it thought the trade was a no brainer , found the game silly and redundant , threw it in with another machine on a sale to sweeten the deal , the millionaire didnt even make it in the house left it in the garage (smoking room)

#48 4 years ago

Jurassic Park....Just couldn't get into it

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Theater of Magic
Nice art and flow but the rule set is really bad IMO.
Some chick telling me 50 million times that "You've got the Magic" got old real fast, the feeling was not mutual.
Wasen't for me.
Kind of reminded me of a Steven King novel.....
Great potential stories, but the endings/ending was underwhelming.
Same type of disappointment felt with TOM.

i've always enjoyed chix telling me i've got the magic over and over

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside