(Topic ID: 66554)

What is the perfect theme for JJP to do next after "The Hobbit"?

By OldSchoolBlood

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
zanti.gif
forbiddenplanet.gif
howard.jpg
Hexum_Peluce.jpg
deadheads.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
conan.jpg
Texas_Chainsaw_Massacre__1974___001.jpg
A_Clockwork_Orange_4.jpg
th-590.jpeg
sound of music.jpg
th-1.jpeg
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

If you could choose any theme for JJP to make next after "The Hobbit", what would it be and why?

I have read many posts about people wanting the return of Horror pins. I can see how many horror licences would be limiting in appeal for all ages. That being said, the perfect licence for JJP to do next would be "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas". IMO this is the best animated film of all time. It is a timeless classic for adults and children. This licence would use JJP strengths. Great footage to use on the backbox monitor. Many, many great characters / voices they could use on the playfield, in the animations etc. that would add character to the game (think MB). The artwork for this licence is amazing. Some of Danny Elfman's best music was done on this film. Also, many cool things could be done with the different Holidays (Christmas town etc.)
I have yet to buy a JJP machine, but if this was ever announced I would send in my deposit today.

#2 10 years ago

American Graffiti.

You have everything, music, cars, cruising, Toad.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

The Muppet Show or movies.

Instant sale for me on theme alone. There are a number of threads here on why the Muppets would be a great theme and it's perfect for a pin with a large LCD.

#4 10 years ago

Gravity!!! 3D pinball...Plus the whole movie is about completing one hard task after another with the clock ticking...lots of cool possibilities...

PLUS lots of funny George Clooney call outs...like in the movie...guideing you along...

#5 10 years ago

Revenge of the nerds.

#6 10 years ago

Based off of JJP's relationship with Warner Bro's (WOZ and TH Trilogy) I'm hoping for Harry Potter to be their 3rd pin. I know there were some rumors in the past about JK Rowling not liking pinball but I think after her, or whoever controls licensing, see's what JJP did with WOZ and the reactions people had playing the game at the 75th anniversary premiere that it wouldn't take much convincing to allow them to make a Harry Potter pinball machine.

#7 10 years ago

Pinball 3000

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Harry Potter pinball machine.

Thats a good idea, but im thinking a cult classic would be better. Maybe a Death race 2000 or Army of darkness.

#9 10 years ago

Something manly please

#10 10 years ago

lol pinball 3000, only if it has an extra medium flipper, and a powder coated lockdown bar

#11 10 years ago

Harry Potter would be a great theme for them.

I was also thinking Cars or Toys Story but I think Disney is closer to Stern than JJP

#12 10 years ago

Tim Burton original theme.

#13 10 years ago

nightmare before christmas obviously i would trade my car in for it. American Graffiti sounds awesome make it so!

#14 10 years ago

Angry Birds.

#15 10 years ago

How about "Animal House " or "Ferris Bueller"?

#16 10 years ago

Harry Potter. So much to work with. I know collector's want the classics (Big Lebowski and The Nightmare Before Christmas), but WOZ has shown that kids are getting into it too. What a better way to keep that going with Harry Potter.

Personally...I want a Big Bang Theory pin. But HP makes more sense if I was Jack. Not the Pumpkin King!

#17 10 years ago

If stern refuses to do Iron Maiden, maybe Jack should!

#18 10 years ago

What we may want and what JJP will want are two different realities
I think its going to be haunted house

#19 10 years ago

Nightmare Before Christmas would be a great fit. I still would like to see a Hellraiser pin though. The puzzle box would open step by step during play until you open it, then you gotta shoot the ball in there, and then all hell breaks loose - literally. You open the gates of hell and Pinhead takes you away.

As you can see, I love me some horror pins

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Thunderpants:

Something manly please

is playgirl manly enough for you? or do you prefer men in tights? village people might have enough men for you too

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

If stern refuses to do Iron Maiden, maybe Jack should!

Stern will do Maiden

#22 10 years ago

Young Frankenstein

or

Futurama

I'll take either one, or both.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpgShut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
#23 10 years ago

Nightmare before Christmas all the way, Been saying it for years.

Joe(acejedi)

#24 10 years ago

The obvious choice would be Harry Potter.

#25 10 years ago

Harry Potter would be an excellent choice that has lasting power and broad appeal. If that's a no go, and sticking with WB, then I would suggest Superman.

#26 10 years ago

I'd like to see an original theme

#27 10 years ago

I'm expecting Harry Potter to happen. Not sure what I think of that, it doesn't really excite me, but it's a good theme. I liked the books, actually reading them again as I read to my 9 year old every night.

I guess I'd call it not a turn off, but also not something that's enough to get me into the machine. I presume it's going to be all movie based, if it was original illustrations and art and animations etc it would be a lot cooler, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

#28 10 years ago

How about Game of Thrones?

#29 10 years ago

Think "Family Machines"

#30 10 years ago

The Walking Dead. Need I say more. Most watched premiere last night according to the Nielson ratings. 16.1 million people. WOW!

#31 10 years ago

Spaceballs: The Pinball, to go along with my Spaceballs: The Flamethrower (the kids love that one).

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Think "Family Machines"

Family friendly, or how you make them ?

LTG : )

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm expecting Harry Potter to happen. Not sure what I think of that, it doesn't really excite me, but it's a good theme. I liked the books, actually reading them again as I read to my 9 year old every night.
I guess I'd call it not a turn off, but also not something that's enough to get me into the machine. I presume it's going to be all movie based, if it was original illustrations and art and animations etc it would be a lot cooler, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

With what, 8 movies, there is no shortage of content to utilize. Wouldn't make sense to start from scratch. Plus, the movies were well done and the theme is relatively timeless... much like WOZ. It's an excellent fit for JJP given they seem to be on more extended runs on each machine compared to Stern. They need something with staying power. A flash in the pan theme doesn't work real well for them at this point. Plus, with that LCD it is hard to imagine them picking a theme that doesn't make good use of video. Hobbit was an excellent choice for them.... assuming it works out, of course

#34 10 years ago

Nightmare before christmas I got non pinball people lined up to buy them ould have to be a wide body which is perfect. Then lets see an original theme.

#35 10 years ago

1. original theme would be my first pick
2. I Come in Peace based on the movie.

3. Death race 2000 sounds like a good idea as well.

#36 10 years ago

I agree that Harry Potter is a natural for JJP, although I probably wouldn't get it. Actually, I'd be delighted if they'd produce a pin that I wasn't interested in buying! I am one of the few, I suppose, who is pleased that they aren't churning out new titles. I can't spend this kind of money on an accelerated schedule. For me, a year and a half between JJP pins is just fine.

#37 10 years ago

I always said Nightmare before Christmas would be my first NIB if ever made, well I went with a WOZ so hopefully it could be my second. I think it could do really well and personally I would rather see JJP do one instead of Stern but if its made I would def be one board regardless of which co. Made it.

#38 10 years ago

Mad Maxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I Come in Peace based on the movie. » YouTube video
3. Death race 2000 sounds like a good idea as well.

Now yer talkin!

#40 10 years ago

Miley Cyrus

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Gravity!!! 3D pinball...Plus the whole movie is about completing one hard task after another with the clock ticking...lots of cool possibilities...
PLUS lots of funny George Clooney call outs...like in the movie...guideing you along...

That's so weird that you mentioned this. The day after I saw that movie I had zero gravity on the brain big time and 3D pinball totally crossed my mind.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Nightmare Before Christmas would be a great fit. I still would like to see a Hellraiser pin though. The puzzle box would open step by step during play until you open it, then you gotta shoot the ball in there, and then all hell breaks loose - literally. You open the gates of hell and Pinhead takes you away.
As you can see, I love me some horror pins

The guy's nickname is pinhead. How is there no pinball machine of this?

#43 10 years ago

Three Stooges

Make that puppy a combo of B&W + Technicolor art/clips

190 episodes = lots of content

I could be a consultant lol

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Three Stooges

Not without Shemp! lol.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Thunderpants:

Something manly please

This x 100000000

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now yer talkin!

I always personify you as your avatar for some reason o-din. This one is a little scary though.

#47 10 years ago

With new live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie coming and huge popularity of comics and new cartoon, TMNT would be a great choice.

#49 10 years ago

Sorry, Jack said that JJP will not be doing any remakes.
So sounds like Star Wars would be out.
Though that would be really nice if it did happen.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

I always personify you as your Avatar for some reason o-din. This one is a little scary though.

In real life, I look a lot more like this.
th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-perfect-theme-for-jjp-to-do-next-after-the-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.