(Topic ID: 216535)

What is the most you have paid for an autograph?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ReggieJackson-7101 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7100 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7099 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7097 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7098 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-0570 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7095 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7096 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4367 (resized).JPG
    12052480_10206182766505798_3492393262740511945_o (resized).jpg
    4AD9050C-BB36-4B68-8AAF-ADD3F9ABD78A (resized).jpeg
    15262539695166760611626986502670 (resized).jpg
    C64521FC-33A9-4F93-A0E9-836033A3EF1E (resized).jpeg
    082882C3-00AA-4829-AB7C-D2D26B48AD2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

I find with a nice personalized letter, a SASE and your own item (sports card, photo, etc), many sports figures and celebs are happy to sign for free or on the cheap. But not seeing it signed in person you run the risk of an autopen (machine signed) or the secretary/management company scribbling the signature on it and dropping it back in the mail without the person actually seeing it.

Or relatives of the celebrity signing them to help out.

And you run the risk of them keeping them. You don't have to return items you didn't request.

LTG : )

#98 5 years ago

I wouldn't pay for an autograph. With one exception. I read years ago where a baseball player was sitting at a McDonalds and signing autographs for $15 each. A lot of people didn't think much of him until they saw a sign by a big jar next to him. He was raising money for a family in that town who lost everything they had in a fire. All the money he raised went to that family.

One person who amazed me at the practice round of the US Open golf tournament in 1991 was Seve Ballesteros. From the green to the next t box people tried to get autographs. Some players walked fast with the arms up to avoid getting a pen or pencil in the eye. Some would grab the item, scribble, then toss the item.

Now Seve had a temper, fired caddies on the course type stuff. I never thought much of him until that day. From green to the next t box, he'd only sign one or two things. He asked the persons name, who they were rooting for, what was making the day special for them, were they having fun, and hand the item back.

I became a huge fan of him that day. I was sad to hear when he died seven years ago.

#105 5 years ago

Incidentally. I've autographed maybe half a dozen baseball hats and playfields. All free. No charge.

Being the extremely limited number out there. I hope the people who have them cash in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-you-have-paid-for-an-autograph?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.