What is the most you have paid for an autograph?

(Topic ID: 216535)

What is the most you have paid for an autograph?

By TractorDoc

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 55 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ReggieJackson-7101 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7100 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7099 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7097 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7098 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-0570 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7095 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7096 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4367 (resized).JPG
    12052480_10206182766505798_3492393262740511945_o (resized).jpg
    4AD9050C-BB36-4B68-8AAF-ADD3F9ABD78A (resized).jpeg
    15262539695166760611626986502670 (resized).jpg
    C64521FC-33A9-4F93-A0E9-836033A3EF1E (resized).jpeg
    082882C3-00AA-4829-AB7C-D2D26B48AD2E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

I went to boxer diego corrales house to get him to sign in vegas. His wife said I just missed him. No problem, I would get him next time I was in town. He died in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks later.

You went to someone's personal address, ringed the door, and asked for an autograph?

#102 3 months ago

Isn't today the setup of the machine for Lou? That now disappeared thread started his whole thing...

#103 3 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

raquel welch would only sign her book. she said to send everything else to her fan club. At least I got to meet her. Still hot.

I would buy her book!

#104 3 months ago

I enjoy going to conventions and concerts, and meeting people who had a hand in making the movies/music that I enjoy. I’ve gotten plenty of autographs for free (usually bands/musicians), but have paid for many signatures over the years, too - almost always in person at conventions.

I like decorating my game room with signed 8X10’s, posters, and props. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $50. The conversation is the best part, but it’s still fun to have a physical memory (for me, at least. I know it’s not for everyone).

Here’s some of my stuff (that Nightmare on Elm Street 4 poster is going to be signed by Robert Englund and a handful of other NOES 4 actors at a show in July):

C15AE24F-5973-4767-AD35-639DDFBD4675 (resized).jpeg

61CFE964-D28F-4A32-9326-31050FF1C4E6 (resized).jpeg

2CF892CA-970F-44AA-9DFE-DAE4FB3DB733 (resized).jpeg

1D771A09-F0BA-4946-88B8-F139AC0FBB0B (resized).jpeg

60142E24-66FB-421B-9531-2876B6E9586F (resized).jpeg

704248D5-3479-4C9E-9F1D-3736E97A041E (resized).jpeg

1BDB5490-5E5C-4D60-B358-DF6543855B85 (resized).jpeg

Let me know if you want to see close-ups of anything. I’ve also got lots of signed records.

#105 3 months ago

Incidentally. I've autographed maybe half a dozen baseball hats and playfields. All free. No charge.

Being the extremely limited number out there. I hope the people who have them cash in.

LTG : )

#106 3 months ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#107 3 months ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I enjoy going to conventions and concerts, and meeting people who had a hand in making the movies/music that I enjoy. I’ve gotten plenty of autographs for free (usually bands/musicians), but have paid for many signatures over the years, too - almost always in person at conventions.
    I like decorating my game room with signed 8X10’s, posters, and props. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $50. The conversation is the best part, but it’s still fun to have a physical memory (for me, at least. I know it’s not for everyone).
    Here’s some of my stuff (that Nightmare on Elm Street 4 poster is going to be signed by Robert Englund and a handful of other NOES 4 actors at a show in July):

Crytkeeper nice, I hope to see this one day and enter through bookcase

Let me know if you want to see close-ups of anything. I’ve also got lots of signed records.

#108 3 months ago

MY love for my team, Go Pens

082882C3-00AA-4829-AB7C-D2D26B48AD2E (resized).jpeg

C64521FC-33A9-4F93-A0E9-836033A3EF1E (resized).jpeg

#109 3 months ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

MY love for my team, Go Pens

I forgot I have an autographed Beckett price guide with Jaromir Jagr on the cover and his signature on it from his rookie year. Love the Pens.

#110 3 months ago

I won a meet and greet with Mike Tyson from a local sports talk radio show a couple years ago, they played part of "In the Air Tonight" and I had to sing the next couple lines live on air. I messed up but they gave it to me anyway. Tyson was pretty cool.

15262539695166760611626986502670 (resized).jpg

#111 3 months ago

I paid to attend a bodybuilding seminar in London a couple years ago with Arnold Schwarzenegger the greatest bodybuilder in history as a special guest speaker, had back stage access and managed to nab a couple of signatures off Mr Schwarzenegger for my troubles!

#112 3 months ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I paid to attend a bodybuilding seminar in London a couple years ago with Arnold Schwarzenegger the greatest bodybuilder in history as a special guest speaker, had back stage access and managed to nab a couple of signatures off Mr Schwarzenegger for my troubles!

Was he pretty cool?

#113 3 months ago

I have personally spent $0 but was very fortunate one year for Christmas to receive a Packers mini helmet signed by Bart Starr, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers.

I think it’s a very cool piece to own but have often thought about selling/trading it towards another pinball machine.

#114 3 months ago

$800, it’s a 20X24

4AD9050C-BB36-4B68-8AAF-ADD3F9ABD78A (resized).jpeg

#115 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Was he pretty cool?

Yes, considering he was my idol growing up and people always say never meet your heroes, he lived up to my expectations.

Very polite, was never in a rush always seemed to have plenty of time to stop and talk to people, especially if you spoke about bodybuilding, politics or his movies.

During his time here in the UK, he booked out several gyms, during those visits he talked shop with the staff, tips, advice etc, took photos with all the staff, all he asked was not to be hounded while working out, which is understandle and completely reasonable.

Short answer: Very Cool

#116 3 months ago

I was in Tomorrowland, Disney World a few years back and see Chad Johnson (OCHO Cinco) sitting on a bench. We looked at each other. I then went over to the bench he was sitting on and sat down right next to him and kept it low key, ''You're OCHO right?'' He nods, I shake his hand, asked for an Autograph, he did, I thanked him, he nodded again.
    A couple years later, I was on Carousel of Progress, and a guy behind me starts laughing and scoffing at the ride, and he has a steelers shirt on. I thought he looked familiar. When I exited, I waited for him , shook his hand and said ''You're Kevin Greene'' YES i am, he says, big smile. I said you belong in the hall of fame (at the time, he wasn't) He said he appreciated that, and asked if I played any ball? I said no. He said ''Shame, you're certainly the size for it'' He was friendly and it was a cool moment.
    My dad got me an autograph of Jack Palance on a disney hat in MGM back around 96' , and in the early 90's my dad and I met Hank Aaron to sign a ball.

I'm trying to meet Axl Rose. I'd pay good money for a signed Axl GNR translight. That's a pretty tough one.

#117 3 months ago

$25 to Caroll Shelby Foundation @ Atlantic city car show. Caroll signed the dash board of my 67 on his 80th birthday.

#118 3 months ago

I think I got some football player autographs when I was really young, but since then, the idea of saving something someone else wrote on never really made much sense to me.

$0.00

#119 3 months ago

I have about 150 musicians autographs on cd's and ticket stubs, never paid a penny.

I've heard that 80% of sports memorabilia is forged.

#120 3 months ago
    Quoted from beepnutz:

I have about 150 musicians autographs on cd's and ticket stubs, never paid a penny.
    I've heard that 80% of sports memorabilia is forged.

I've heard that there is no way to gather accurate statistics for 35% of the statistical facts you hear.

#121 3 months ago

I've read that Harrison Ford is the hardest signature to acquire if you're aiming to get your Data East Star Wars translite signed by the entire original cast.

#122 3 months ago

A few years back I took my son (who has Down Syndrome ) to Vegas . We had to see the PB hall of Fame and took in a Show . I had Travis look through the 2" thick book of shows and he found Taylor Hicks ! The show was first come seating so we got there early . The 2 people in line with us gave Travis a special poster they had . The show was in a small bar type venue and we sat no more than 20 feet from the band . After the show we went back stage where Taylor was signing autographs . Travis bought his CD that Mr. Hicks signed along with the poster . Then he asked Travis how big of a fan he was ? Travis Said " A HUGE " fan . That's when Taylor reached in his pocket and pulled out the Harmonica he had just used in the show - signed that and gave that to him .So Mr. Hicks has a fan for life!

#123 3 months ago

Paid $100 for autograph and photo op with Ric Flair, which also included a front row ticket to a fairly ghetto wrestling event.

12052480_10206182766505798_3492393262740511945_o (resized).jpg

#124 3 months ago

I've got several autographs over the years (Bret Michaels, Tenacious D, Johnny Bench, Renée Zellweger, The Killer Dwarfs, Ron Jeremy, Ed Boon, The Aquabats, George Clooney, various pinball greats), but the only ones I paid for were for my Necronomicon which I had the entire primary cast (plus the composer and special effects guy) of The Evil Dead sign. All of them were nominal amounts except for Bruce Campbell and his was $30ish - $40ish I believe.

#125 3 months ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Paid $100 for autograph and photo op with Ric Flair, which also included a front row ticket to a fairly ghetto wrestling event.

Was that recent? There was a wwf/wwe wrestling show here in Michigan at a hockey arena near me, they played the commercials for weeks all day long, Rick Flair was supposed to be there also.

#126 3 months ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Was that recent? There was a wwf/wwe wrestling show here in Michigan at a hockey arena near me, they played the commercials for weeks all day long, Rick Flair was supposed to be there also.

It was about 2.5 years ago in Glens Falls, NY. This wasn't WWE though, it was a "Big Time Wrestling" event

#127 3 months ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

You take a risk when asking for an autograph. If your hero turns out to be a dick, you feel terrible. On the other hand, when you meet someone you admire and they are cool, it makes it special.

I'm a HUGE Kate Beckinsale fan. She was doing some autograph / photo thing at a convention a few months back that a friend told me about. I was going to go but decided against it for the very reason you stated above. As stupid as it sounds, I was afraid that she might be a bitch or something which would ruin it for me.

#128 3 months ago

Years ago I got Evel Knievel. Who here didn't put a board on a cinder block and jump their bicycle?

I got a original Butte newspaper memorial Paper along with a original funeral program from his service. (He didn't sign that one though)

IMG_4367 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4369 (resized).JPG

#129 3 months ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Years ago I got Evel Knievel. Who here didn't put a board on a cinder block and jump their bicycle?
    I got a original Butte newspaper memorial Paper along with a original funeral program from his service. (He didn't sign that one though)

Kind of ironic considering the text used for his name was his signature

#130 86 days ago

I've gotta brag for a second here. This features Cars and Mr. October. So sorry for the long post.

This last week the Mecum car auction was in town, and Mr. October, Reggie Jackson had some cars for sale.

My dad (huge Yankee fan) was in town, so I took him to the auction since he likes the old muscle cars. Little did we know Mr. Jackson was going to be there.

So if you're familiar with the 1969 Camero, you'll know that the ZL1 is one of the top versions of that year. Fun fact, that car was born in my hometown. A town with a population of about 1400. LaHarpe, IL. My town is so rural in Illinois, that if you were to look at a map, we're about the furthest you can get from any interstate in the state of Illinois.

This means, many people have never heard of LaHarpe, that is, unless you know our history, which Mr. Jackson does.

I knew that he liked Camero's. And a few years ago the 1969 ZL1 #1 was up for auction at the Indianapolis Mecum auction. (I made a video of it here:

) Rumor was that it was Mr. Jackson who bought it on behalf of a friend. So I asked him about this.

What happened after that was about a 5 minute conversation with Mr. Jackson about the history of the '69 ZL1. He knew every detail. When the order was placed, how many were ordered, how many were sold, how many were shipped back, etc. He knew of Fred Gibb and the history the #1 car had. It was amazing.

My dad, the one who was taking the photos, asked me what in the world we could have been talking about. He couldn't hear us because it was so noisy in the building. After I told him that Mr. October knows about our hometown, he wouldn't stop bringing it up all day.

It's not often that a Hall of Famer with 5 world series championships talks about my hometown.

I've posted these photos in the order they were taken. You can see at the beginning Mr. Jackson was just going through the motions. Honoring requests as people were asking for photos. But by the time we were done talking, you can see it in his face that he really enjoys talking about the history of the cars he collects.

ReggieJackson-0570 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7096 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7095 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7098 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7097 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7099 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7100 (resized).jpg
    ReggieJackson-7101 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.00
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 110.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    $ 66.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside