(Topic ID: 17342)

What is the most "underwater" you have ever been on a pin?

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinbot-Over-board.jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

My STTNG was a reimport from Germany. No big deal, it's just missing the service outlet. Annoying. It's totally got hack wire repairs though! I fixed one last night where a broken wire was just elec taped back together, not even stripped and twisted!!!

You didn't overpay, you're just not living in the right area. Try to find one down here. Good luck with that. You could probably bring it to Dallas and sell it for 2k without blinking.

#52 11 years ago

My first machine T2
    $1200
    $100 leds
    $50 misc parts like coils
    $50 hunter killer and cleaning products and rubbers
    $25 pinball 2000 subwoofer
    $?? sound board repairs

$1425 so far looking like $1500 soon

#53 11 years ago

bally playboy,

i did a full restoration, also made a thread here on pinside about it.

the machine $900
    cpr playfield $600
    brand new cabinet (brand new/re-done) wood and paying someone to help me $300
    new stencil from pinball pal $150
    paint and clear $125
    plastic set $125
    new bumper caps $25
    rebuilt the 3 pop bumpers $50
    coin door parts
    a lot of new parts, tilt, speaker, on and on

right now i think i'm around $2400

#54 11 years ago

My latest project Target Alpha..

asking price was 600.
    the guy offered it to me for 450... took 'em up on the deal.
    Overall nice playfield with some heavy wear (probably due to a bad flipper bushing at some point in the machine's past ) on the right lower flipper.

It was about 3 hrs away, took a day offa work to go get it so I was out 50 bucks in gas & income for the day.

Needed new backglass, (The existing BG seemed like it was glued to the backboard.. though I was gonna bust it.. whatever was used to clearcoat seemed to be super sticky.) $175 for a "blemished second"

and though it has all it's plastics, a few have been cracked & repaired so I'm probably gonna get a new set. (about 70 bucks I think)

gonna get flipper rebuild kits for both sets of flippers. as well as LED the backglass & playfield inserts.

Machine won't reset properly (if ya manually mess with Z1, to works sometimes), player 1 display has 2 reels that won't reset, 2-3 player display gets stuck rolling in-between numbers

the lower bank of drops "drop slowly" & keeps scoring until all the way down.

got it home & set up.. kept blowing the playfield light fuse.
    (that problem seems to be sorted now..)

Contacted the seller, told 'em that I think that their may be more wrong with the machine than the reset issue (as initially discussed) & I think this project was gonna be a moneypit & asked for whatever insight about any other problems the machine may be having that he could offer as it's former owner...

I felt poorly because I believe he took my inquiring as insulting...
    I felt very bad about that as no offense intended... Told 'em I'm not passive aggressive or complaining... just blunt.. & looking for knowledge.. Thanked him for selling me the machine & told 'em I wouldn't bother 'em again..

I WILL say the machine is the cleanest I have ever seen internally.
    everything that could be removed, polished &/or tumbled... WAS!...

Not sure what total cost will be when completed.. I wanted a project & I got one.
    certainly didn't mean to insult or alienate the seller..

I digress...

anyhow, the most I have had into pin prior to this one was for my big brave.. that was 550..
    I may get out of this one relatively cheap, too.. if it turns out to just be some needed relay adjustments. If not, time will tell.. Still the most I have put into a pin..

Love 70's EM's...

#55 11 years ago

The way you described the events...that seller was a real jerk!

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

The way you described the events...that seller was a real jerk!

I reread the email I sent.. I can see how it could have been taken wrong.. as you cant discern "tone" in text.. either way, could have went better than it did.. all I could do was explain I had no hostile intent (nor do I avoid rolling the "hard six"). Life goes on..

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #58 11 years ago

I won't bore you with the details, but my WWF is DEEP under water. My last "good condition" ebay game for sure. 10 hour drive yadda yadda. Plays pretty good and is a fun game. Good thing I am now making some cash off of it. Should have just spent a few hundred more and got one in really nice shape. Live and learn. Made me learn a lot about fixing pins though.

#59 11 years ago

Yep - on most all of my pins. Good thing I'm not doing this for the $$.

FIREPOWER:
    $650 pin
    $375 replacement boards
    $600 CPR playfield
    $200+ misc parts, LED's, decals, etc.
    TOTAL: $1,825+

FLASH:
    $1,400 pin (yeah, my 1st pin and purchased from a retail dealer)
    $250+ misc parts, LED's, decals, etc.
    TOTAL: $1,650 - sold for $1,000

PARAGON:
    $1,000 pin (seller would not budge, and I really wanted it)
    $375 replacement boards
    $250+ misc parts, LED's, decals, etc.
    TOTAL: $1,625

GENIE:
    $250 pin
    $400 replacement boards
    $350 misc parts, LED's, etc.
    TOTAL: $1,000

$4,700 (NIB)
    $100+ misc parts, LED's
    TOTAL: $4,800

#60 11 years ago

Pinball Magic is so deep I'm thinking of pulling it ashore to strangle it with my bare hands (or a Sledgehammer). Or make a very expensive coffee table out of it.

#61 11 years ago

Been watch-n this Thread for a While ,, Most Under water ,,

This Pin never made it Home .... Lost it in a Curve !!!!

Pinbot-Over-board.jpgPinbot-Over-board.jpg

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Been watch-n this Thread for a While ,, Most Under water ,,

Attachments Pinbot-Over-board.jpg (322.7 KB, 0 downloads) 2 minutes old

I'm tempted to tilt this, B_R.

#63 11 years ago

Shirley Not !!! but do as you Must ,, It doesn't hurt anymore

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

NNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65 11 years ago

Sooo.... What was your "reaction" to this event like? I'd have totally freaked!!

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from Juggernaut:

Sooo.... What was your "reaction" to this event like? I'd have totally freaked!!

What do You think ,,, I was SICK !!!!!!! Do-n 40 in a 25mph Curve.. Strap came loose , Pinbot slid out and did a back-wards Barrel Roll ( ExPloding ) in the ditch . I was at least 100 ft down the Rd and I saw the p/F still coming down lOOk-n my side mirror . I found Everything but the Silver-ball's ..

I also Went way under water on a Freddy & SF2 I bought at the auction . TheyLooked Good in Attract mode ,but striped on the inside . Actually i bought the wrong Freddy .. My Bad !!!

My Rule of thumb now is ,, " If I Can't Play,, I Don't Pay !! "

#67 11 years ago

I tend to view it more like a stock portfolio. I spend too much for some and get a great deal on others. Since I intend to hold on to many for a long time, put too much into making them nice, and really don't expect them to appreciate too much, i suspect I'm underwater on some but ahead overall. But in the fullness of time, it'll really depends on how many more cool mods I find I have to have, and what the market looks like when I do decide to sell.

And, of course, this is only accounting for the actual costs. Factor in the sweat equity and I suspect most of us are all underwater

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

RCA1 said:Space Station
    $1,200 purchase
    + 200 for new legs, translite, misc.
    I don't view it as an underwater investment, rather as an entertainment expense.
    How is that underwater? At all? I haven't seen a single one for 1400 and I've been looking for 8 months.

I think one poped up on mr. pinball today for $1200. Maybe it was CL in dc. Either way i see them fairly often. Keep looking its there.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-underwater-you-have-ever-been-on-a-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.