(Topic ID: 81796)

What is the most reputable pinball high score website?

By Minneapolispin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Is there a "Twin Galaxies" type of website that is considered the Bible of verifying and documenting high scores? I know you can log scores here, but is there a better place considered the true authorities?

#2 10 years ago

I don't think there is such a thing, nor do I think there could be.

#3 10 years ago

Even if there was a site, I highly doubt that it would be accurate. I'm sure there's people out there that get their high scores with the glass off and they use their fingers instead of a ball. Maybe do an average of the high scores you see or something. There's also many settings that people can change which will affect the scores.

#4 10 years ago

Not possible, every machine is different.

#5 10 years ago

I was just curious if there was an established place like Twin Galaxies that tracks video game scores. The King of Kong is one of my favorite movies and it got me thinking if there was such a rivalry in the pinball world.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I was just curious if there was an established place like Twin Galaxies that tracks video game scores. The King of Kong is one of my favorite movies and it got me thinking if there was such a rivalry in the pinball world.

There is; it's the high score initials on your local route machine.

#7 10 years ago

Some all-time highs (probably outdated now) from players like KME, NES, and (route legend) MCC have been compiled at Mike Mahaffey's page: http://www.pinballreviews.com/hs.htm

There have been various pinball high score pages in the past, but for the reasons mentioned above none of them should be considered authoritative. It really just doesn't make sense to compare scores between various machines (or even the same machine over too long of a period of time). The site I linked above, however, should give you a good idea of what has been (and can be) done on many WPC-era games.

#8 10 years ago

Pinballhighscores dot org used to be the place. Been down for a couple years now. The tournament scores there were more reliable than the scores reported by individuals. You can see some of the scores by using the wayback machine:

http://archive.org/web/

Type in the URL and search, then click on a recent snapshot. NES has a 212B listed for AFM. I couldn't do that in 5 games.

#9 10 years ago

BTW, is Twin Galaxies done or did they forget to pay for their domain name?

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

BTW, is Twin Galaxies done or did they forget to pay for their domain name?

Yeah -what the heck? The website is gone. ???

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-reputable-pinball-high-score-website and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.