(Topic ID: 329889)

What is the Most Polarizing Pin? (Now with poll!)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the most polarizing pin?”

• Guns and Roses (JJP) 50 votes
      18%
    • Ghostbusters (Stern) 80 votes
      29%
    • Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky) 14 votes
      5%
    • Dialed In (JJP) 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles (Stern) 10 votes
      4%
    • The Hobbit (JJP) 7 votes
      3%
    • Halloween (Spooky) 20 votes
      7%
    • The Walking Dead (Stern) 2 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 2000 (Williams) 0 votes
    • X-Men (Stern) 4 votes
      1%
    • Led Zeppelin, any version (Stern) 24 votes
      9%
    • Toy Story 4 (JJP) 27 votes
      10%
    • Dr Who (Bally) 1 vote
    • Twilight Zone (Bally) 13 votes
      5%
    • World Poker Tour (Stern) 3 votes
      1%
    • Orbiter 1 (Stern Classic) 6 votes
      2%
    • Stargate (Gottilieb) 1 vote
    • Revenge from Mars (Bally) 8 votes
      3%

(278 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230129_221256 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20230121_185631 (resized).jpeg
    3405ACDA-C201-4D69-8455-FB0DC6E57966 (resized).jpeg
    43E85C4B-C3D0-4D85-A1D7-53D5623F70D0 (resized).jpeg
    thats-damn-good-thats-good.gif
    0A133B94-4190-4403-9D0A-1912199D3F66 (resized).jpeg
    image-2 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220116_040420 (resized).jpg
    9C6EA529-F641-4A2F-89F1-6C8FEA9D30F9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-10-08-19-18 (resized).png
    teeheehee.jpg
    polar (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

People love to shit on jjp games .
    The one that cops the most is The Hobbit .
    People come up with stuff like , there's nothing in it . lol

Lol yup, same goes with Toy Story 4. I guess some people don't count, or purposely want to ignore, any mechs and toys that exist under or directly flat on a playfield. Subways, spinning disks, magnets, pop up mechs, jump ramps, etc. It's crazy how many people ignore those mechs and simply say "There's nothing in the game"...They do so though to fit a narrative. Nearly all of those same people saying that crap about JJP games ignore Stern doing the same thing or even praise similar games.

#98 1 year ago

Ghostbusters: Polarizing game that received a couple big game changing code updates to heavily improve it
    Guns n Roses: Polarizing game with no public code updates in over a year...

Dear JJP, please please release far more code for GNR.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, nobody is making up anything. The game is flat, floaty, slow, has nothing on the playfield other the pop ups and drop targets. The 1 ramp that goes 2 directions is as far back on the playfield as humanly possible. The game feels like a single level game and plays like a single level game. Tons of people feel the same way about. Half the time the dumb pop ups block the ramp literally making it single level.

Hobbit is not a single level game. Really there's 3 levels, ramps, the playfield, and the subway that has 3 entrances. Personally I'm happy to own a game that is as objective based as The Hobbit. Nothing really comes close to it's ruleset in terms of objective based modes with stages. 30+ objective based modes choregraphed to scenes from the movies (full assets too, rare today) with their own unique music, 3 mini wizard modes with multiple stages, and 1 super wizard mode. There's a reason why Hobbit's have gone up in price and it's because of the incredible code work JJP did several years ago with it's final few updates (JJP needs to do that with GNR). Not every game needs to be playing insanely fast and focused solely on points for tournament play. A deep journey based game with a ton of objectives, that also offers a mix of fast and average paced play, like the Hobbit is a welcome change IMO to many of today's games.

Also, those pop ups purposely block the ramps in some modes as you have to hit other shots to lower them.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

That's literally one piece of metal just like I said.

I owned the game, you 2 act like you are teaching people about it lol. Every single pinball machine has went up in price. I guess hardbody has increased in value thanks to the incredible code work also.
    I don't get the jjp apologist act. If you like the game play it and enjoy it. It's OK for others not too and you don't have to defend jjp with every breath you take. People can like and dislike what ever they want. I like games from most of the manufacturers, all of them have games I don't like also. Pinball manufacturers have made crappy games and it will happen again.

So it’s ok if people want to criticize a JJP game in a reply but no one can then provide a rebuttal? Lol that’s not the way conversation typically works. Of course it’s ok for others not to like a game, prepare for a reply though when someone doesn’t agree.

It’s funny seeing how some of the JJP haters want arguments to go “Let me reply to you and tell you why you are wrong but you can’t do the same to me”…no.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Somebody said "Really there's 3 levels, ramps, the playfield and the subway..." If you want to insist that's not equivalent to saying it has multiple levels, more power to ya.

I said that but I know it’s not a true 3 level game with lower and upper playfields. Someone was acting as if the ramps didn’t exist in the the game and undermining everything else in the game which is why I said what I did.

#158 1 year ago

Ghostbusters and Toy Story 4 were probably the answer 6 months ago but today they are universally acclaimed. Ghostbusters is a fun and very forgiving game while Toy Story 4 features dozens of mechs and toys spread throughout it's playfield despite it's reasonable NIB pricing. Both of these are games are among the greatest of all time, just behind the Hobbit at #1.

*insert sarcasm

#187 1 year ago

Traded my Ghostbusters premium but still miss it from time to time. The center and side drains were very frustrating but always had fun playing it. Now I play it on my virtual pin.

3405ACDA-C201-4D69-8455-FB0DC6E57966 (resized).jpeg3405ACDA-C201-4D69-8455-FB0DC6E57966 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-polarizing-pin?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.