(Topic ID: 329889)

What is the Most Polarizing Pin? (Now with poll!)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the most polarizing pin?”

• Guns and Roses (JJP) 50 votes
      18%
    • Ghostbusters (Stern) 80 votes
      29%
    • Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky) 14 votes
      5%
    • Dialed In (JJP) 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles (Stern) 10 votes
      4%
    • The Hobbit (JJP) 7 votes
      3%
    • Halloween (Spooky) 20 votes
      7%
    • The Walking Dead (Stern) 2 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 2000 (Williams) 0 votes
    • X-Men (Stern) 4 votes
      1%
    • Led Zeppelin, any version (Stern) 24 votes
      9%
    • Toy Story 4 (JJP) 27 votes
      10%
    • Dr Who (Bally) 1 vote
    • Twilight Zone (Bally) 13 votes
      5%
    • World Poker Tour (Stern) 3 votes
      1%
    • Orbiter 1 (Stern Classic) 6 votes
      2%
    • Stargate (Gottilieb) 1 vote
    • Revenge from Mars (Bally) 8 votes
      3%

(278 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230129_221256 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20230121_185631 (resized).jpeg
    3405ACDA-C201-4D69-8455-FB0DC6E57966 (resized).jpeg
    43E85C4B-C3D0-4D85-A1D7-53D5623F70D0 (resized).jpeg
    thats-damn-good-thats-good.gif
    0A133B94-4190-4403-9D0A-1912199D3F66 (resized).jpeg
    image-2 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220116_040420 (resized).jpg
    9C6EA529-F641-4A2F-89F1-6C8FEA9D30F9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-10-08-19-18 (resized).png
    teeheehee.jpg
    polar (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 1 year ago

Twilight Zone. There. At least somebody mentioned the elephant in the room.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Its definitely got to be ghostbusters. That game is pure trash but it brings out the copers and white knights in droves if you say anything about their terrible game

The thing about GB is it is the one pinball machine that everyone LOVES to HATE… so it’s a dichotomy and an enigma and a paradox all rolled into one.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I feel like Black Knight 2000 should be on this list (great game... fight me).

Anyone who doesn’t respect his own manhood and disrespects the BK, be it OG, 2k, or SOR will most likely wake up dead some morning with a claymore in his chest… or so I’ve heard him chortle at those who dare challenge his knighthood… much less his manhood.

#68 1 year ago

When JJP GNR was announced, I yawned so hard my head imploded. I think it was the instantaneous vacuum created by the thought of listening to Sweet Child 'o Mine for the umpteenth thousand time was just too much for my skull to bear.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Pin2k games. There is no in between with them.

You may be on to something...

#128 1 year ago

I’m curious to know how GB would have turned out if it had not been designed by a pedophile. As it is, right now I have to look at my Bride of Pinbot in a whole new light. More as one big- Zingy-Bingy, blow-up-doll reject who gets to now stare at me with that blank adult bookstore “Oh!” face forever. I mean, it has always been kind of creepy when you list the literal goals of the game- shoot your ball into her mouth, then shoot your balls into her eyes, then shoot your balls down her throat to give her “human influx” and make her turn human. No perverts working on that machine, right? Would have thought he would have played up the gatekeeper-keymaster schtick more in GB with that kind of track record.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Munsters didn’t connect with me.

Munsters almost connected with me with the lower playfield, but I wanted it full scale, not Stewie sized like my FG, been there, done that. I will say Grandpa’s basement was a better mini game than Stewie’s, however the initial coding of the entire title was so weak, most couldn’t get past the fact it felt more like shooting a cheap Monster Bash or Adams Family knock off than a “new” Munsters.

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

there is a difference

Tastes great, less filling. The CGC remake question will rage on for ever. Don’t get sucked into the vortex, swim away from the riptide. (They shoot the same)

#148 1 year ago

Oddly well titled because that’s where all my quarters went that I spent playing it. If I never ever NOT qualify for reentry ever again will be too soon.

#150 1 year ago

I wouldn’t say “polarizing” as much as generationally splitting. Those who have lived pinball history are not destined to hate EMs like those who discovered pinball in its modern electronic phase. There are times when an EM will surprise even the most staunch EM haters. Yeah, they didn’t talk to us, they only made crude bings and bongs and clacks, they barely challenged us they were Sooooo easy, and had rules the depth of a mud puddle. I guess we should have just chucked them all in the dumpster and tossed in a match. Definitely didn’t lead to anything worthwhile.

#175 1 year ago

I’m posting a safe for work photo that, if it was the same close up picture of an adult bookstore product we won’t mention by name, it would be tagged NSFW immediately. It is unfortunate for us owners of a happily married pair of Mr. and Mrs. Pinbot machines that this is her facial expression almost 99.999% of the time. One can not help but smell the stench of scandal once it touches something. It’s like skunk oil- the stench seems to last forever but eventually goes away, except it doesn’t really, you just get used to smelling it.

43E85C4B-C3D0-4D85-A1D7-53D5623F70D0 (resized).jpeg43E85C4B-C3D0-4D85-A1D7-53D5623F70D0 (resized).jpeg
    #177 1 year ago

Not to some. Child molesters get a special ring in hell in my book, no matter if they designed sliced bread or not.

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Not to defend Trudeau but I feel like Python had way more to do with the sexual nature of BOP.

Yeah, but she is a one trick pony machine… shoot the ramp. Over and over and over… back in the day when we were pretty clueless on rulesets and depth and would play anything that would give us a multiball and a jackpot to shoot for. And faced with joining the Billionaires club and even getting a shot at that heart ramp, you poured quarters into this thing hoping to add your name to the list. And then you do it the first time and she is all used up, nothing left to see here, just move along, move along…

#183 1 year ago

And here we though GB was polarizing…

My nephew Logan had the GC on pinball circus at PHOF for like almost forever back when they were at the Tropicana location. He dropped his money in and started playing… I took my quarters and headed to the EM’s. I come back about a half hour later and he is still playing… he asked me if they had finished the code because he had seen all kinds of bugs and stuff come up while playing it. He finished and put up some huge score that I wished I would have taken a picture of. He might have taken one, I’ll have to ask him. But he took it as far as the code would let him. Said it was fun just trying to get to the top… I think he had some kind of video game timing training that made it easy for him, because he went farther than I ever did or I ever saw anyone do to this day. Fun concept and appeals to casuals like you would never believe.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The bride coming alive is a true Pinball Moment™

And is the only real reason I keep her… the turning head strikes a chord with players… seasoned or not. The day I bought her, since she was the nicest one at auction that day, the auction house roadies kept playing her over and over… there were TZ’s just feet away and these dudes just kept playing Bride. I asked why. It was the Billionaire Club. They were all trying to join the club. Simple as that.

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Estimated value
    $5180 - $6020

There was a time when moving the decimal point by one place, it still would have been more than any operator wanted to spend on one at auction.

Estimated value? Less than
    $518 - $602

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from eckelpeckel:

Poll is whack.. not a single de or sega game? No stern indy?
    Bw fanboys usually lose their shit when you say space jam, independence day or stern indy are underrated great value games!

Stern Indy never gets any love, but I found it to be fun. I got a Stern Indy story I tell at pinball parties.

Now is Stern Indy too simple, and too easy? For a really good player? Absolutely.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-polarizing-pin?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.