(Topic ID: 329889)

What is the Most Polarizing Pin? (Now with poll!)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the most polarizing pin?”

• Guns and Roses (JJP) 50 votes
      18%
    • Ghostbusters (Stern) 80 votes
      29%
    • Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky) 14 votes
      5%
    • Dialed In (JJP) 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles (Stern) 10 votes
      4%
    • The Hobbit (JJP) 7 votes
      3%
    • Halloween (Spooky) 20 votes
      7%
    • The Walking Dead (Stern) 2 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 2000 (Williams) 0 votes
    • X-Men (Stern) 4 votes
      1%
    • Led Zeppelin, any version (Stern) 24 votes
      9%
    • Toy Story 4 (JJP) 27 votes
      10%
    • Dr Who (Bally) 1 vote
    • Twilight Zone (Bally) 13 votes
      5%
    • World Poker Tour (Stern) 3 votes
      1%
    • Orbiter 1 (Stern Classic) 6 votes
      2%
    • Stargate (Gottilieb) 1 vote
    • Revenge from Mars (Bally) 8 votes
      3%

(278 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230129_221256 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20230121_185631 (resized).jpeg
    3405ACDA-C201-4D69-8455-FB0DC6E57966 (resized).jpeg
    43E85C4B-C3D0-4D85-A1D7-53D5623F70D0 (resized).jpeg
    thats-damn-good-thats-good.gif
    0A133B94-4190-4403-9D0A-1912199D3F66 (resized).jpeg
    image-2 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220116_040420 (resized).jpg
    9C6EA529-F641-4A2F-89F1-6C8FEA9D30F9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-10-08-19-18 (resized).png
    teeheehee.jpg
    polar (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago

No Houdini in the list?

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

As someone who has owned over 20 Data East pins in the last 5 years I have not run across a single individual who has defended the pin.
    Not one. It is universally panned by everyone.

Bro, thats what I thought too. Trust me, the tides have changed on this game! Do you post on FB at all? I see it here too, but its especially prevalent on the FB groups

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Bro, thats what I thought too. Trust me, the tides have changed on this game! Do you post on FB at all? I see it here too, but its especially prevalent on the FB groups

Facebook is dead to me.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

No, people want it because of the theme... nobody can defend the valuation based on the gameplay. People that buy it know they are overpaying.. they don't care.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

No Houdini in the list?

I actually had a chance to play one for a few hours uninterrupted at the Saratoga Silverball, not to my taste but I got handle on it pretty good. Tight are the shots but I was rocking it after awhile. It's a title that does require several games to dial in your playing.

Very much like X-Files with several tight shots. If you like a wide open playfield and generous ramp openings it is not for you. It has a very stop and go play style that is not for everyone as well.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

No, people want it because of the theme... nobody can defend the valuation based on the gameplay. People that buy it know they are overpaying.. they don't care.

No they think its a good game, they don't think they are over paying

#207 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

No they think its a good game, they don't think they are over paying

Well, you need to qualify good game.. it's not terrible. I'm just saying people know that they are buying it for theme and not gameplay. My friend that sold one told the customer exactly that.. it's not worth it.. but if you have to have it, this is the price.. lol
    Estimated value
    $5180 - $6020

#208 1 year ago

Nobody has brought up Keith Elvin's games? Am I the only person who generally does not enjoy his machines?

I know JP and IMDN are loved by many, but for me those don't do anything. Have played them many times, had somehow long plays, but if you leave from a game after 15 minutes without having done anything that might make you understand the hype these pins get, it's pretty frustrating..
    Yeah, PLAY BETTER, but why should I invest my time/money in a machine that's just no fun to me when there are others around, that even bad players can properly enjoy?

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Estimated value
    $5180 - $6020

There was a time when moving the decimal point by one place, it still would have been more than any operator wanted to spend on one at auction.

Estimated value? Less than
    $518 - $602

#210 1 year ago

Poll is whack.. not a single de or sega game? No stern indy?

Bw fanboys usually lose their shit when you say space jam, independence day or stern indy are underrated great value games!

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from eckelpeckel:

Poll is whack.. not a single de or sega game? No stern indy?
    Bw fanboys usually lose their shit when you say space jam, independence day or stern indy are underrated great value games!

Stern Indy never gets any love, but I found it to be fun. I got a Stern Indy story I tell at pinball parties.

Now is Stern Indy too simple, and too easy? For a really good player? Absolutely.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Stern Indy never gets any love, but I found it to be fun. I got a Stern Indy story I tell at pinball parties.
    Now is Stern Indy too simple, and too easy? For a really good player? Absolutely.

Funny you say this put about an hour in on Indy today. It’s my training machine.

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I dislike Beatles because I despise the band, number of levels has nothing to do with it.
    I had two older brothers who played them endlessly, I'd rather stab out my ears with a ballpoint pen than listen to a Beatles song again.

Just saw the like/dislike and almost woke my wife laughing.

6 guys bent out of shape I personally don't worship a boy band from their youth is just plain sad.

I was going to edit this to sound less inflammatory but seriously I find this amusing as hell.

All I need now is a Yoko Ono joke and I'm out of here!

Turning back the clock an hour in 2020
    Is like getting a bonus track on a Yoko Ono album.

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Just saw the like/dislike and almost woke my wife laughing.
    6 guys bent out of shape I personally don't worship a boy band from their youth is just plain sad.
    I was going to edit this to sound less inflammatory but seriously I find this amusing as hell.
    All I need now is a Yoko Ono joke and I'm out of here!
    Turning back the clock an hour in 2020
    Is like getting a bonus track on a Yoko Ono album.

I would never upvote your post because I like The Beatles but at least you explained why you despise them and I can appreciate that .
    But to be fair , they're more than just a boy band , they're also the biggest selling band in history and had an incalculable impact on the culture of the world .

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

6 guys bent out of shape

And you have perfectly relatable reason for not liking them!

My roommate freshman year played Billy Joel’s greatest hits… every. single. day. Both discs. Every last day we shared that dorm room. There’s nothing particularly wrong with Billy Joel, but 30 years later and I still NEVER need to hear another one of his songs.

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I would never upvote your post because I like The Beatles but at least you explained why you despise them and I can appreciate that .
    But to be fair , they're more than just a boy band , they're also the biggest selling band in history and had an incalculable impact on the culture of the world .

Not looking for upvotes frankly, I believe what I believe regardless of other people's feelings based on my life experience.

Just as you believe what you believe based on yours!

I appreciate people have varied tastes otherwise the world would be a rather dull place. This would be a short discussion thread if everyone liked Ghostbusters and GnR!

Impact on the culture? Yes and not necessarily in a positive way which is a discussion held elsewhere.

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Impact on the culture? Yes and not necessarily in a positive way which is a discussion held elsewhere.

Speak of the Devil , I'm watching the rock on TV at the moment and look what popped up

IMG_20230129_221256 (resized).jpgIMG_20230129_221256 (resized).jpg
    #218 1 year ago

Popeye !
    I’m firmly in the love it camp

So much so I wrote an epic guide to it …

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jo8i2xveusexCOFX2iSIL-9N0EevwFjg/view?usp=drivesdk

2 months later
    #219 1 year ago

Looks like Galactic Tank Force needs to be added to this thread.

1 week later
    #220 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Popeye !
    I’m firmly in the love it camp
    So much so I wrote an epic guide to it …
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jo8i2xveusexCOFX2iSIL-9N0EevwFjg/view?usp=drivesdk

Nice!!

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-polarizing-pin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.