Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think the pinball hobby is growing”

• Yes! It is rapidly expanding 11 votes
      22%
    • Yes, a steady rate of growth 24 votes
      49%
    • No, it is holding steady. 11 votes
      22%
    • No! It is declining ! 3 votes
      6%

(49 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Manufacturers.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Probably need to be more specific about this request. If you want numbers of people that "pile them like cord wood", yea i guess Tim Arnold qualifies. But that's a silly collection of basically cord wood and not much more. He has 200 set up at the PHoF, but his "big hit shed" is a freaking mess, and games are actually stacked like a pile of firewood. i don't personally think that's much of a collection myself.

PPM in san fran has over 1000 machines. they have about 400 set up and working. the others are on end. a much better stacking situation, but they don't have room for their games either. they are in the process of trying to figure out how they will manage this (whether to continue paying $1000s of dollars a month for storage, or trim down the collection.)

John Weeks in Banning has a nice collection at this "museum". All his stuff is set up, but i bet 50% of it does not work. But at least it's set up and they are trying to get it to a point where it all works. But that's years of dedicated work...

PAPA (pittsburg) is now officially gone. the building was sold. I'm not sure how they store the machines now. that's about 400 games. but they are in transition right now, and i don't know what their plans are.

Tom Taylors wisconsin location has about 300 games. He has a very nice collection (mostly EMs). My understanding is he has now retired, and is spending more time there keeping them up and running.

The Ann Arbor michigan pinball museum (in my opinion) is the best pinball location in North America. Admittedly my opinion is skewed. But at 400 restored and working unique game titles, i can't think of another location that comes close. Nearly complete collections of WPC, system11, dataeast, bally -17/-35, Bally 6803, Zaccaria gen2, gottlieb wedgeheads, bally zipper flippers, stern m200, etc etc. Everything gets gone through and restored before it hits the floor. And the games are exercised and cleaned to make sure they stay working and nice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-most-pinballs-you-have-ever-seen-in-one-place?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.