(Topic ID: 37541)

What is the most challenging game you own?

By tamoore

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

defendersidesmall.jpg
    IMAG3030.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

For me, it is DE Simpsons. That game just kicks my rear end.

I've owned it for quite a while, and only have achieved 3 ball multiball maybe four times.

Also, the outlanes are wicked, and the kickback is dangerous and almost impossible to relight.

How about you?

#2 7 years ago

RBION. Took me a long goddamn time to get to Atlantis, that's for sure. The ball times are pretty long mind you, but those letters can be a bitch to get.

Dirty Harry has a couple parts that are harder than hell for me though i wouldn't call it a tough game. Trying to complete the "shoot out" is brutal for me.

#3 7 years ago

For me it used to be TSPP, which is why I sold it.

#4 7 years ago

Of the pins I've owned, the more challenging ones are IM, BBH, BSD, AC/DC.

#5 7 years ago

Shadow.
    Its long gone and do not miss it.

#6 7 years ago

I only own 5 pins and I can dominate on all of them, but I still can't complete the spider wheel on my Scared Stiff.

#7 7 years ago

All of them. Especially when we have company over to play.

#8 7 years ago

Currently it's IM, but it used to be Black Hole. That pin is just mean.

#9 7 years ago

Up till 2 days ago I would have considered TSPP the bitch of the bunch but then last night I had 1shot left to go in the final battle on TS. 1 Damn Shot!

#10 7 years ago

BSD regularly kicks my ass.

#11 7 years ago

BSD and 'Flash Gordon'.

#12 7 years ago

IM easily

#13 7 years ago

Hey,

I'd have to say for all intensive purposes, The Shadow. I really enjoy the game, but keeping a couple of balls going while simultaneously playing the Battlefield in The Final Battle is rough. I would kinda sorta put The Simpsons Pinball Party in there, but I find it difficult more by the amount of stuff you have to do as opposed to what you actually have to do. None of the shots in and of themselves are particularly difficult, but the fact that there is SO much to do in a game to get to the end of it makes it hard. And Pin*Bot is a drain monster. Those would be the three I'd put in there.

Luke

#14 7 years ago

All of mine. The only one I have beaten is Corvette, and I haven't come close since. I've gotten to the Final battle on Shadow once but couldn't beat it. Xmen right now is impossible IMO. Valinor will probably forever be out of my reach. I was two venom shots away from super hero mode on SM. I think AC/DC will be doable if I focus on completing songs as opposed to points.

#16 7 years ago

Well I never got to Valinor on LOTR when I had it and I had it for almost eight years and played some games that lasted 2 hours.

Now?.....STTNG hands down! But I only have three and WCS and HS2 aren't very difficult.

#18 7 years ago

Iron Man. Shadow 2nd and Indy 500 3rd.

#19 7 years ago

BSD followed closely by FT. Ours are setup very fast and brutal.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I500 are tough though.

what were you trying to achieve? High score, modes, position in race or laps completed?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from JesseB:

what were you trying to achieve? High score, modes, position in race or laps completed?

I've never been able to complete all the modes, nor finish the race or anything (that I can remember). I'm always going for a mix of modes and multiball.

#22 7 years ago

cv made it thru several wizard modes but not all,

#23 7 years ago

Gottlieb Majorettes. I'm sure all will agree that those #5 bumpers below the flippers are a real challenge!

- Tim

#26 7 years ago

Xmen or TZ is a close race for me, Ill go xmen, Im getting much better at hitting the slot scoop on TZ

#27 7 years ago

Mata Hari by far. I have had balls where i scored 400,000 followed by a ball where I scored 10 points. Too cruel!! Of the modern games that I own, I would have to say ACDC. Every time i build a big song jackpot, I drain. Had it up to almost 40 million once.....

#29 7 years ago

F-14

Tron a distant 2nd.

#30 7 years ago

I've basically owned everyone of these SS games, and Flash Gordon beats them all. If your not listing that, you've never played one. In dot matrix era, bram strokers with lightning flippers is tough. Blows every dot matrix away with equal settings. Em's are different beast. Todd

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

For me, it is DE Simpsons. That game just kicks my rear end.
    I've owned it for quite a while, and only have achieved 3 ball multiball maybe four times.
    Also, the outlanes are wicked, and the kickback is dangerous and almost impossible to relight.
    How about you?

RBION. Only game I can think of that I have a lot of time on and that I can't consistently conquer. I still have STTNG and consistently dominate it, I had Shadow for only a few months and could get to the Final Battle multiple times in a game...but RBION...man. So deep and challenging, the game is really amazing. Can't wait to get the gameroom done so I can set her up again and take some more shots at it.

#32 7 years ago

For me it is Shadow

#33 7 years ago

Remember the question is only for games you own, present tense.

#34 7 years ago

LOTR with TSPP a close second.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

F-14
    Tron a distant 2nd.

Well, you have a point about F14. I've killed Yagov several times, and got multiball on many occasions, but I have yet to put my initials on the default HS table...

You may have bested me.... F14 is a bitch....

#36 7 years ago

2 of the 4 pins I currently own I also consider to be 2 of the toughest of any of the hundreds of titles I've played, which is part of the reason why I wanted to own them.
    Judge Dredd & BK2K.
    A baseball could drain between the flipper gap on JD.

#37 7 years ago

Tales from the Crypt. Can never get to the Jam

#38 7 years ago

world poker tour

#39 7 years ago

Whirlwind can be a ass kicker

#40 7 years ago

BSD with DW a close second. The outlines on both those games are unforgiving.

#41 7 years ago

I know it's 'not a pin'. But hyperball is my most challenging game. Of the others. Bk2k

#42 7 years ago

. Wizard! Was tough until I got that hang of it. Now it's the best game ever!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

...but RBION...man. So deep and challenging, the game is really amazing..

Agreed. You can get 3-4 letters on the first ball and think you're going to coast through it...then wam bam it's over...like WTF just happened?

#45 7 years ago

Pinbot definitely kicks my butt.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed. You can get 3-4 letters on the first ball and think you're going to coast through it...then wam bam it's over...like WTF just happened?

Yep!

Or plunge 3 times, and drain 3 times, on missed skill shots.. WTF..

The outlanes have magnets in them, i dont care what anyone says !

Was gonna post earlier on how much i can hate this game, even though i love it..

#47 7 years ago

X men since it is not a finished game. I have to take the glass off, and I feel to finish would be impossible at this point, if it was a finished product. Hard to control the ball or balls since it is a fast layout. Love its flow.

Can't wait for the update. Loved the lay out. Loved it enough to sell TOM to buy it. I am a one pin owner at this point.

#48 7 years ago
    #50 7 years ago
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 149.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 22.00
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 265.00
    $ 249.99
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside