Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by superNoid
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1971Winnie (resized).jpg
    maxtaco (resized).jpg
    hqdefault_copy_large.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0545 (resized).jpeg
    There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 7 months ago
    Quoted from Retro4Life:

I have no doubts about that, but how much would an old, beat-up Whirlwind fetch these days? $4k with a clean one going for $6-$7.5k? No thanks, but 5 years ago when they were a couple grand for a players condition, I probably would have been all in on one.

It was my 1st machine, paid about 2 grand 10 years ago and had a blast with it

#202 7 months ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It was my 1st machine, paid about 2 grand 10 years ago and had a blast with it

I never played it back in the day, but I had the chance to play one on location. I agree with you, its a very fun pin that I would love to own one day but the only one that has come up local was over $6k

#203 7 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Ah, this old myth. New games or old can require the same maintenance. New games can even have more problems. It really depends what “old” game you buy. One in good repair will be as reliable as a new stern.

You say "myth", I say "my experience". I had more problems with my three (nice) games from the 80s/90s than I had with all my modern pins combined. Do they all have issues? Yes. Do older machines have harder/more issues? In my experience, yes as well.

#204 7 months ago
    Quoted from salbol1:

Just priorites and what you want to dump your $$ on....I drive a 22 year old BMW 7 series in great shape, and cringe at the thought of having a $500 car payment....just like others would cringe at ever laying down $10k for a machine. I just got a GZ because I'm addicted to it, and it's a game both my girls like and they are young enough that it's one of our bonding activities. You hope these will somewhat keep their value, but if not, playing the game with my girls is worth the $$ to me.

I would cringe at the repair costs of a 22 year old 7 series when the check engine light comes on..lol

#205 7 months ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

I would cringe at the repair costs of a 22 year old 7 series when the check engine light comes on..lol

You are a wise man....I try to keep up w most of it on my own

#206 7 months ago
    Quoted from salbol1:

You are a wise man....I try to keep up w most of it on my own

I am a buyer for a dealership and bought a 2006 M5 with the V10. Sold it to a friend...Love that car but it could become a big paper weight any second.

#207 7 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I simply can't afford a $10,000 pinball machine. Lots of people can though and I am happy when I get to be friends with them!

I like that same attitude w friends that own boats!!

#208 7 months ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

You're right. I'd rather have a new car with a 500 monthly payment. Because keeping up a used BMW will probably cost 1000 every couple months anyway and it's still only one tick away from having a REAL issue that will cost you 10 grand or more.

I've had 2 used BMW's..never again. I'd lease one, but no interest in buying a used one. Just BUSHINGS would cost a thousand dollars to replace. The thermostat has crazy sensors in it, comes from Germany and costs 600 just for the part, not labor. Everything minor costs a thousand dollars.

#209 7 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

You're right. I'd rather have a new car with a 500 monthly payment. Because keeping up a used BMW will probably cost 1000 every couple months anyway and it's still only one tick away from having a REAL issue that will cost you 10 grand or more.
    I've had 2 used BMW's..never again. I'd lease one, but no interest in buying a used one. Just BUSHINGS would cost a thousand dollars to replace. The thermostat has crazy sensors in it, comes from Germany and costs 600 just for the part, not labor. Everything minor costs a thousand dollars.

I only buy Cars with turn signals

#210 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I only buy Cars with turn signals

I went into the dealers finance office and SLAPPED my hand on the table and said "Rear view mirror or GTFO"!

#211 7 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

My 7 Series looked awesome....in the driveway where it spent the majority of it's time. Luckily I can fix 95% of things that fail, but god it was daily with that thing. Still thinking of getting an X5M though, because I'm an idiot lol.

#212 7 months ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

My 7 Series looked awesome....in the driveway where it spent the majority of it's time. Luckily I can fix 95% of things that fail, but god it was daily with that thing. Still thinking of getting an X5M though, because I'm an idiot lol.

I feel this way every time I consider buying another Spooky or P3.

#213 7 months ago

$5k to you is $1k to someone else. $10k to you is $5k to someone else. Some people have the cash and don't flinch whatsoever.

If you stand still, the world keeps moving. It's not 2005 and its not 2013. The pinball market has moved on.

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.