Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by neurokinetik
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mikey-life-cereal.jpg
cell Picts 064.jpg
newstern.jpg
CAM00091.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have an EM for instance called 3 Coins. If you look it up, it has a GIANT GAP between the flippers, and you're lucky to hit the ball three times before draining. Difficult? Absolutely. Cruel? No.

That's the one I'm after! Is it for sale?

#102 4 years ago

X files slingshots into outlanes!!!!!

#103 4 years ago

FLASH GORDON

#104 4 years ago

Bsd fishtales ripleys

#105 4 years ago

Shadow

PARAGON

#106 4 years ago

Flash Gordon

BSD, FT, IM get honorable mentions.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the one I'm after! Is it for sale?

Sorry, not at this time. It's a really good one though - I don't know of any game that the skill shot is more important than 3 Coins

#108 4 years ago

Keep me in mind if it becomes available. Love those early 60s Williams.

#109 4 years ago

XMLE, I just got it and it's f'n relentless. If this keeps up, it's gone....I've never had that attitude towards a pin but I'm on the verge of submission

#110 4 years ago

Black hole all the way

#111 4 years ago

AC/DC and BSD for me. What makes them so cruel is that you can play a great game, run up a great score, and feel good about yourself, come back on the next game and play horribly. These two games are very humbling. I've been completely hooked lately on BSD too for some reason. It must be the near 2Billion point game I played not long ago where it seemed like everything clicked and I was on my game. Of course, after that, I can't clear 1Billion to save my life! Just one more game...just one more...I'll do better this time...

#112 4 years ago

In my collection:

STTNG: No outlane extenders on mine.

Shadow: Better make sure you hit the left ramp or it will fire right back at you.

Heatwave: I have had it for 3 years and still have not turned over the score.

#114 4 years ago

Hot damn buddy showed me this last night

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Flash Gordon
BSD, FT, IM get honorable mentions.

The honorable mention collection is driving me crazy right now.

#116 4 years ago

There are some dinky flipper EMs where you can plunge 3 balls and not touch one with a flipper. That's pretty wicked.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

» YouTube video
Hot damn buddy showed me this last night

Yeah, that guy won the Internet when he posted that...
-mof

#118 4 years ago

Is there a Pinside thread about it?
I couldn't locate it

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

There are some dinky flipper EMs where you can plunge 3 balls and not touch one with a flipper. That's pretty wicked.

That's true. When my Dad was still around I had a Gottlieb Corral. I think it may be the only game of mine he ever tried. He didn't make flipper contact until ball four. Tough game.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That's true. When my Dad was still around I had a Gottlieb Corral. I think it may be the only game of mine he ever tried. He didn't make flipper contact until ball four. Tough game.

Thank's for talking me out of buying that one.

#121 4 years ago

Ha, I was pretty objective in my review I thought?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ha, I was pretty objective in my review I thought?

You were! And I would have picked it up anyway except my friend wanted it more. But with six outlanes and no inlanes that does keep the Corral playfield very low on wear. This one was perfect! Even if it was over 50 years old.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

In my mind, that's not cruel, that's a bad game.

To me, cruel is the game that gives you every chance and just freakin' beats you. "Yeah, go for that in-line drop target bonus. I'm gonna bounce that ball right down the middle." The games that taunt you, the ones that, no matter how good you are, just beat you. That's why I love Flash Gordon. I've seen it reduce players that think they're great to mediocrity. And people like me may have a great game, then become just plain bad the next time around.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

In my mind, that's not cruel, that's a bad game.

In my mind that means you better make your plunger shot count, other wise you are going straight down the drain.

Ah, the lost art of easing back on the plunger so the ball can drop into the playfield at the perfect velocity and trajectory so the geometry of the game and a perfect nudge can lead the ball to just the perfect spot on the flipper so you can collect those 100 pts.

Quoted from swampfire:

These pups never drove without power steering.

Right you are!

#125 4 years ago

Flash Gordon and I love the game for its difficulty.

#126 4 years ago

I think I have the same infliction as the OP and am currently looking to add another cruel game. I should have nabbed an IM.

I can't believe no one mentioned JP (not lost world). That one gets me the most in my lineup with outlanes and sdtm shots. It always leaves me with that one more ball could've gotten it feeling. ACDC has more evil drains but I seem to have more better games on Acdc also. My STTNG is not as cruel as those 2 but finishes up my top 3.

#127 4 years ago

41 bally cross-line.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You know, I hear BSD a lot. It’s funny, as that is the one game where you cannot alter the drain lanes or change it to make it easier or harder, ironic, since I don't think it is all that hard, and you can usually work your way out of there.

Actually, the outlanes are adjustable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.95
$ 14.95
8,190 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
€ 3.70
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside