(Topic ID: 18281)

What is the max number of pins you would own?.........

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Astropin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Number of pins”

• 1-5 24 votes
      18%
    • 6-10 38 votes
      29%
    • 11-20 27 votes
      20%
    • No Max 44 votes
      33%

(133 votes)

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I won't go more than 6 in starting lineup (+2 on the bench maybe)....

Lotr Le
    SM
    Woz
    BHZA
    JJP#2
    Star Trek or Resident Evil

#2 11 years ago

as many pins as i can afford and fit nicely into my basement

#3 11 years ago

4 maybe 6 ?

#4 11 years ago

Hey,

I will never say never, but by the time my basement is done, I'll have room for about a dozen. It bugs me when things don't work just right, and I think if I had any more than that, I'd be spending more time fixing than playing, and that's not something I'm interested in at the moment.

Luke

#5 11 years ago

Is that what you said before you ended up with 11? That's what I'm afraid of....

#6 11 years ago

As many my wife will tolerate. I like her better than pinball.

#8 11 years ago

15-20

#9 11 years ago

i would be happy with 5 or 6 in a line up.

#10 11 years ago

Wow, once you hit the silver anniversary number you might as well go for gold!

#11 11 years ago

How many licks does it take to get to the center

#12 11 years ago

The world may never know

#13 11 years ago

As many as can fit. I'm at "capacity" with four right now but I remain convinced that I can somehow fit six...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, once you hit the silver anniversary number you might as well go for gold!

My wife and I have plans to add on with a gameroom/bar. Planning on room for at least 40 pins.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Planning on room for at least 40 pins

My dream - someday

#17 11 years ago

I had 96 pins in my shed for the meet we just did, so thats the answer

#18 11 years ago

12, getting close

#19 11 years ago

I said my max was 40 machines....I am now at 45

#20 11 years ago

Well I can only fit in 12 in my arcade and I'm at 10 now. I've owned as many as 13 at once but one was outside the arcade.

#21 11 years ago

Sadly I don't own any games...yet. But I am fortunate to know several collectors, and generally, their answer seems to be 1 more than they have now. Which is great for me!

#22 11 years ago

Personal goal of six

#23 11 years ago

I originally said 2. Then I moved and got a bigger game room, so I went to 3, then 4. 5 was the max. Until I bought number 6. Back down to 5 now, with WOZ and X-Men on order. And Predator. So, eventually 8. Which I am sure will mean 10.

#24 11 years ago

LOL the classic pinball collector. Ahhh just 2, well if I move the couch I can get 3, maybe even 4. Ahhhhh we don't need the couch makes it 7 etc. LOL love it!

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

As many my wife will tolerate. I like her better than pinball.

I 2nd this notion.

#26 11 years ago

unlimited pins for me.

#27 11 years ago

I only have room for 12 or 13, but I would be willing to go with as many as 20 if I had the space.

#28 11 years ago

Its all about space and money.

#29 11 years ago

12 seems like a round number. More than that and I don't think I could keep up with maintenance.

#30 11 years ago

Well, I have a 200 Amp breaker on the house so however many pins it takes to overload it, minus one!

In all reality,
    Thirteen would most likely be my max while keeping the marriage intact and the rest of the furniture in the house...

#31 11 years ago

I am hoping to have 5 or 6, but my wife tries to be a controlling type. She does not even know about WOZ yet. I would probably buy whatever I wanted if I was not married with no limits not that I want a divorce or anything. Maybe WOZ will ruin my 15 year marriage?

Maybe I should get rid of the pool table?

#32 11 years ago

I was moving pins tonight to squeeze just one more in! Funny I can always figure out a way to fit one more in. I was originally going to have 3 btw, I don't even remember how many have come and gone, but my collection now is over 25 because this is a sickness I tell you! Like crack but a little more addicting.

#33 11 years ago

Is it a bad thing when you don't know how many machines you own, but you know you already blew past that "20" number a couple years ago?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Not entirely true for me. I have the space, and since I'm currently single I might even have the money sometimes, but I'm stopping at 4 right now. I need to learn more about fixing and maintaining them before going any higher. It drives me nuts when one breaks and I can't fix it. I don't need anymore giving me headaches right now. However, I said the same thing when I was at 2.

Damn it is hard passing on a good or even fair deal when you see one though. To be honest I'll buy as many pins as there are great deals. Hopefully I learn quick.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I originally said 2. Then I moved and got a bigger game room, so I went to 3, then 4. 5 was the max. Until I bought number 6. Back down to 5 now, with WOZ and X-Men on order. And Predator. So, eventually 8. Which I am sure will mean 10.

Pinball math is complicated, Gambit has it down I think!!

#36 11 years ago

My shed can only fit 8 machines
    I own 30, with a WoZ on the way

#37 11 years ago

one more than what i have, whatever that number is.

#38 11 years ago

If you look at my wanted list I would have all of those....even if I had to build a hanger to put them in.

#39 11 years ago

Depends on the space you have really, you can always find cheap games for a few hundred dollars...it just depends on your taste. When I was out of space we moved to a bigger house and I took over the entire basement thinking I could fit about 55 at the most. Now I've pushed it to 72 pins and I'm pretty well maxed out. But its like I've always said, there's always room for one more.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#40 11 years ago

As much as money can buy. I will find room I don't really need a TV or couch.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

+1

Fixed the space issue by converting garage, but doing that hurt the money issue for a while.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

gambit3113 said:

Pinball math is complicated, Gambit has it down I think!!

I agree, Gambit said it best.

#43 11 years ago

39 , currently that is my max.

#44 11 years ago

My gameroom is maxed out in its current configuration for 11 games without looking cluttered. With WOZ coming I'll have 16 games, and no plans to stop there, so I'll have 5 games folded or undergoing shop/restoration jobs. We'll be relocating for work in a year or so, and the next house will be chosen accordingly

#45 11 years ago

Personal goal is 10. But I would like to own all!

#46 11 years ago

LOL!!! This is impossible to answer accurately...well for me anyway!
    Started out with 1...then decided it was "lonely"...so thought 10 would be a good # (1 Williams pin from every year in the 80's) ended up with doubles and triples of some years....so decided on every system 6,7 and 9...ended up with all but 1 sys.6...( I do have a PF and a BG so I will find one some day... ) Then decided to add some system 11s (had to have Bad Cats, and hubby wanted F-14 and Taxi) then some DMDs, (had to have an AFM and SM) so at this point I am at 45...not counting doubles and projects that are in the barn... ...
    So you see this is an impossible ?? for me to answer, but I went with no max... because for me it is an evolving "addiction"... you never know when that next pin is gonna pop up on my radar "yelling gotta have!!!"

Phoebe

#47 11 years ago

10 is my sweet spot. I don't want to be spending a few hundred dollars just to change batteries every year I don't know how guys with larger collections can keep everything running? Too much work!!!

10 allows me some variety but with good manageability. I have 7 now and BHZA, PREDATOR and XMEN on preorder, so I guess I've just about hit my limit. Now if only I could figure out how to get them all into my basement.

#48 11 years ago

As many as will fit in my game room. Have had 14 at one time. 7 seems to be my magic number.
    But honestly, I don't want to have a Pin just to say I have one. If it doesn't get played, then on to
    someone that can appreciate it.

regards,
    Victor...

#49 11 years ago

3-4 is the sweet spot for me. I would just rotate out the ones I get tired of.
    With the Baltimore Pinball Museum so close to me, it's really easy to go play a bunch of games.
    Pictures I see of basements filled with pinball look really cool, but could never justify that many pins taking up that much room.

#50 11 years ago

I thought my limit was 40. I currently have 37 set up, with 3 on order. I guess I really don't have a limit. There will be more.

Michael

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-max-number-of-pins-you-would-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.