(Topic ID: 162600)

What is the highest recorded number of plays on a machine?

By Justpin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinballwil
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160622_231152_(resized).jpg
    CBW_Meter_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    disney_ij_(resized).jpg
    6551822955_226db5a6b5_z_(resized).jpg
    20160621_223015_(resized).jpg
    20160621_223021-1_(resized).jpg
    DSCN4670_(resized).JPG
    DSCN4669_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    150728-DSC_0112_(resized).JPG
    FT1_(resized).jpg
    ft2_(resized).jpg
    new_FT_(resized).jpg
    old_FT_(resized).jpg
    20160621_193825_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I'm restoring a pin which has a mechanical counter inside telling me that it has 65203 games on the counter!!!

Does anybody has a higher number?

20160621_193825_(resized).jpg20160621_193825_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

What kind of game is it and what condition?

#3 7 years ago

I once sold a Centaur that had over 77,000 plays on it.

#4 7 years ago

I've got a Surf Champ with a 5 digit counter at 90k. Most physical counters don't go over 5 digits, so it's quite possible they've been rolled, possibly more than once, and SS can't be trusted because the count is lost if the batteries die. There was a similar post on Facebook a few months back, and they had games at 150k+. Haven't personally seen any above 200k but I'm sure they're out there.

#5 7 years ago

Looks like you pulled out of machine??

Rolling back for less than 200 plays????

#6 7 years ago

My Adams Family, reimport had 86k in the audits when I got. It showed it too.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Justpin:

I'm restoring a pin which has a mechanical counter inside telling me that it has 65203 games on the counter!!!
    Has anybody a higher number?

That could be coin switch pulses, which may or may not translate to that many plays, depending on pricing.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

What kind of game is it and what condition?

Its a Fishtales: see old and new pics

old_FT_(resized).jpgold_FT_(resized).jpg

new_FT_(resized).jpgnew_FT_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

Awesome job on the cabinet!

#10 7 years ago

Some more pics on the orginal/ current state

ft2_(resized).jpgft2_(resized).jpg

FT1_(resized).jpgFT1_(resized).jpg

150728-DSC_0112_(resized).JPG150728-DSC_0112_(resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

Its cool to see such high numbers, especially that you wonder how much coins a machine with 100k-200k of plays has swallowed, lucrative business

#12 7 years ago

three years ago so who knows now but this IJ4 had 100K plays

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stern-indiana-jones-just-turned-100000-plays-and-look-at-it

Don't know if that's a verified number but the OP's account is frozen.

#13 7 years ago

What's your game plan for the inserts and more generally the playfield?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

What's your game plan for the inserts and more generally the playfield?

Playfield will be restored by airbrushing , printed waterslide decals and clearcoat. still in progress.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Justpin:

Playfield will be restored by airbrushing , printed waterslide decals and clearcoat. still in progress.

Nice one! Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

#16 7 years ago

That orange under the backbox hinge is pretty cool. lol

Is there any way to keep a cabinet from fading with a special clear coat or paint with a stenciled cabinet?

#17 7 years ago

I think that current next gen decals dont fade..the ij in the background is done 6 years ago and it sits in the sunlight all day..no fading till now

I bougth the IJ in 1999 and cabinet was completely faded that was also 6 years.

#18 7 years ago

71,628 is the highest in my house right now with 4 Square. I'd love to know how many plays are on my Eight Ball, but the CPU was completely cooked when I got it.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

I've had games with twice this much but currently Big Daddy is at 85,175. Original playfield and the entire machine are still in top shape. One of the nicest games I've owned.

DSCN4669_(resized).JPGDSCN4669_(resized).JPG
    DSCN4670_(resized).JPGDSCN4670_(resized).JPG

#20 7 years ago

TSPP coin drops from chuck e cheese sourced game.. That is at least 60k plays. PF in good shape. I get random failures like coil stops breaking off, plungers breaking, switch leafs breaking.

20160621_223021-1_(resized).jpg20160621_223021-1_(resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

I own a Funhouse with over 100k plays on it. AND IT WILL NEVER BE RESTORED AS LONG AS I LIVE.

#22 7 years ago

The IJ in the Indiana Jones store at Disneyland California has just over 1 billion plays.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

The IJ in the Indiana Jones store at Disneyland California has just over 1 billion plays.

Nice one, I forgot all about that machine. I believe it's been there since it was new.

#24 7 years ago

I'd believe that. I've put a few plays on that one myself.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Nice one, I forgot all about that machine. I believe it's been there since it was new.

I would love to see pictures of this game.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

1 billion is impossible... It takes 31 years for a billion seconds to pass. Did you mean a million?!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Did you mean a million?!

No. That's how many plays are on their TronLE.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

I would love to see pictures of this game.

Well, that's easy enough. It's just inside the bazaar.

6551822955_226db5a6b5_z_(resized).jpg6551822955_226db5a6b5_z_(resized).jpg

disney_ij_(resized).jpgdisney_ij_(resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago

Indiana Jones the pinball game came out in 93. Lets say 16 years ago.

16 years x 365 days a years = 5840 days it could be at that site
    1,000,000,000plays / 5840days = 171,232 plays a day.

A million plays is still 171 plays a day in that time period. Feasible, but A LOT for 16 years straight.

For Tron to have a Million plays by now.....

5 years x 365 days a years = 1825 days
    1,000,000 / 1825 = 550 games per day played. Assuming the store is open 12 hours a day, that is 45.8 plays an hour!!!

Basically someone is fudging the numbers.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Basically someone is fudging the numbers.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

Indiana Jones the pinball game came out in 93. Lets say 16 years.

2016-16= 2000 not 1993

Basically someone is fudging the numbers

#32 7 years ago

My bad, that only makes it 105,374 games played per day to reach 1 billion.

#33 7 years ago

CBW_Meter_(resized).jpgCBW_Meter_(resized).jpg

Inside a Cue Ball Wizard I picked up recently. I don't know if that's coins or plays; machine has a credit switch added and rigged for free play, and I don't think the counter has incremented since I've had it.

Machine showed wear in spots but is in really nice shape overall with a beautiful playfield. But based on some of the dead coils I found amongst the other debris in the bottom cab, it's endured a few interesting incidents during its life

#34 7 years ago

We had a bdk that when we sold it had 160,000 plays roughly. It would have a good 400$ a week in coins at 50c a game. But it was in the best arcade around anywhere here.

#35 7 years ago

The same arcade had 6 digit counters on the driving games like smashin drive that had rolled over. So over a million coins through those. The original daytonas made hundreds of thousands there.

#36 7 years ago

Many early Bally SS machines would indicate 8 to 900,000+ plays. Thanks to scrambled memory.

#37 7 years ago

Biggest counts I've seen.. Not pinball, Daytona USA twins.
    IMG_20160622_231152_(resized).jpgIMG_20160622_231152_(resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

Holy shit, I just realized... that would almost HAVE to be counting coins and not plays, wouldn't it? Because you can adjust how many coins net how many plays, but that simple analog meter wouldn't necessarily compensate for that. Or even if it did (triggered at at the start of ball one), you would still need to know what the coin/play ratio was and when it was changed, to know how much money those plays were netting. As an op, it's about the money. So cunting coins alone would always be a guaranteed one-for-one reading.

Which means at worst case - if you take the readout as coins (quarters) and not plays (dollars, or 50 cents, or 25 cents) - that stupid Cue Ball Wizard hauled in over $27,000 in its day. It paid for itself what, at least 6 times over if not more?

That Daytona USA hauled in over $166,000...!

Was being an Op really that lucrative?!?!

Am I in the wrong line of work?

#39 7 years ago

There is a reason you still see old drivers still on location. They earn $$$

#40 7 years ago

My daytonas made over 200k per seat before I scrapped them. Keep in mind you must split with the location. Ops that got into the poker rush became millionaires in a matter of years. Family fun centers still earn well with new Mario karts and new Jurassic park games etc. but Mario karts are 25k a pair plus a credit fill lol. Some locations still do 20-30k on a games a month.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Many early Bally SS machines would indicate 8 to 900,000+ plays.

Thanks to scrambled memory.

Yours?

#42 7 years ago

Seen a 2 year old af with 100.000 play's on it.
    Af has beat every pinball on that lokation.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-highest-recorded-number-of-plays-on-a-machine?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.