Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by z28dan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I was changing the rubbers today on my World Fair and was actually struggling on a couple of them. Especially on one where the screw had to go thru a plastic and then a lane guide and then thru a 2 piece metal post, and the ring was under the plastic going over to another 2 piece post, also under the plastic. It definitely was trying my patience. I could easily have used at least 3 hands, and this was just a simple EM. It got me thinking that on the newer machines that there has to be even harder ones with all the ramps etc. What is the hardest one that you have ever come across? And how long did it take you?

#2 6 years ago

I had to replace a rubber under the TV on TSPP, and that was a pain.

#3 6 years ago

The giant rings on the back of hs come to mind, since you have to strip off the ramp, habit trails, and plastics to get to the screws holding em all in.

#4 6 years ago

The rubbers that surround the Tron spinning disc. You have to remove both ramps to get at the screws holding down the plastic over it (unless you have tiny hands I guess). Pain in the butt!

#5 6 years ago

When a rubber breaks, sometimes it's too late for a replacement. No matter how hard it is.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When a rubber breaks, sometimes it's too late for a replacement. No matter how hard it is.

Come again?

#7 6 years ago

Yep.

#8 6 years ago

Just finished doing a baywatch, back corners ment a full playfield strip

#9 6 years ago

..the one that isnt quit dead yet but you know you'll never change it if you dont pull it apart and do it now..

#10 6 years ago

Stargate has a few under the Pyramid that I never could get to !

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got to go.

#13 6 years ago

GE has a couple that requires removal of multiple plastics and ramps. Almost any of the rubbers near the lane change on Diner are a huge PIA. You have to take out the diverter, remove both of the main ramps, multiple plastics, the cup and saucer. That game is a nightmare to shop.

#14 6 years ago

IMHO Lifestyles.

#15 6 years ago

Isn't this a White Stripes song?

#16 6 years ago

Spinner post rubber on Orbitor 1.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The giant rings on the back of hs come to mind, since you have to strip off the ramp, habit trails, and plastics to get to the screws holding em all in.

+1

#18 6 years ago

I have a good candidate: 1987 Bally Party Animal, there's a large rubber along the back, just up against the back wall and underneath two sets of ramps. To replace, you have to remove all ramps, the two posts holding the rubber, pin the rubber up against the back wall to prevent it from releasing itself, and then put the posts back in under tension. Yuck.

Anything that requires removal of ramps or toys is no fun, though it's usually cheap enough just to do everything at once.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That's the hardway to do it! Here is what you do, take the playfield out and in the back of the pf is 2 screws holding a piece of wood, take that off you have access to the rubber rings in the back. No taking the ramp off or the habi-trails. Found this trick by accident when pulled the pf out and rested it on the cabinet saw the screws and wholla! 5-10 min and done.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

That's the hardway to do it! Here is what you do, take the playfield out and in the back of the pf is 2 screws holding a piece of wood, take that off you have access to the rubber rings in the back. No taking the ramp off or the habi-trails. Found this trick by accident when pulled the pf out and rested it on the cabinet saw the screws and wholla! 5-10 min and done.

Genius!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

You are crazy!

Removing the PF is WAY more work than the ramps. Also, on mine the ramp would still have to come off, as the rings ran in front of and behind the diverter ASSY.

#22 6 years ago

That HS rubber at the end of the PF is the worst. Pulling the PF was the easiest way to replace it for me.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

That HS rubber at the end of the PF is the worst. Pulling the PF was the easiest way to replace it for me.

Gotta agree with you on that one.
Its in one of the worse spots to access.

#24 6 years ago

The 2 large yellow rubbers in front of the ramp in Space Shuttle that you have to put in a vise and press onto the posts. Those suck.

#25 6 years ago

The one that comes off or breaks inside her.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Renaissance, FLORIDA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside