Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 349 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xsvtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the greatest show of all time?”

• Game of Thrones 63 votes
      9%
    • Breaking Bad 134 votes
      20%
    • Seinfeld 116 votes
      17%
    • The Wire 19 votes
      3%
    • The Office 22 votes
      3%
    • Simpsons 33 votes
      5%
    • Mad Men 4 votes
      1%
    • The Twilight Zone 45 votes
      7%
    • Lost 12 votes
      2%
    • Jeopardy 0 votes
    • Arrested Development 13 votes
      2%
    • Westworld 2 votes
    • Star Trek The Next Generation 26 votes
      4%
    • Dr. Who 11 votes
      2%
    • Cheers 10 votes
      1%
    • Friends 11 votes
      2%
    • Beavis and Butt-Head 11 votes
      2%
    • Planet Earth 1 vote
    • Band of Brothers 13 votes
      2%
    • True Detective 1 vote
    • Stranger Things 2 votes
    • House of Cards 1 vote
    • OTHER - post your answer below 89 votes
      13%
    • The Sopranos 44 votes
      6%

(683 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Telly-Savalas-1000x562 (resized).jpg
    0,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
    spock-illogical-6fca2 (resized).jpg
    0F304E39-07B7-4EBA-891F-9596CD100D2D (resized).png
    IMG_1642 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1639 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C692140E-2C22-4811-978F-B396A9EC387D (resized).jpeg
    FAD3BC48-FCC2-4F25-BD53-E2717C14991F.gif
    250px-Jonny-quest-logo (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 4 years ago

Ok not Wings but i do love me some Family Guy!

#202 4 years ago

King of Queens always makes me laugh.

#203 4 years ago

Married with Children

#204 4 years ago

New poll needed for favorite number?

It's obviously the greatest show of all times.

#205 4 years ago

Twin Peaks, X-Files, and TWD not in the poll?

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

To this day whenever my wife or I sneeze, the other one always says "you're sooooo good looking," lol.

Haha, us too!

#207 4 years ago

Came across a few shows I hope never show up in an arcade near me.

261CD74C-6A0E-498E-9D99-DE724CFDE3CF (resized).jpeg261CD74C-6A0E-498E-9D99-DE724CFDE3CF (resized).jpeg42BA7D6C-74D1-44A5-B7A0-20F48708A280 (resized).jpeg42BA7D6C-74D1-44A5-B7A0-20F48708A280 (resized).jpeg4BDC7099-3F06-4B4E-A5BF-BC33F6004DED (resized).jpeg4BDC7099-3F06-4B4E-A5BF-BC33F6004DED (resized).jpeg8F29A7BC-4616-41DC-9FEF-8A8BC9639872 (resized).jpeg8F29A7BC-4616-41DC-9FEF-8A8BC9639872 (resized).jpeg
    #208 4 years ago

Sorry if it's a repeat, but Battlestar Galactica (the remake) was mostly brilliant and usually exciting. Should be in the poll -- had very favorable consensus and a strong following.

Mof

#209 4 years ago

"Gunsmoke"
    Screenshot_2019-05-22-10-34-16-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-22-10-34-16-1 (resized).png

#210 4 years ago

Funny thing about "Gunsmoke" is that it ran for twenty years, but was suddenly cancelled. Because of this, there was no planned final episode.

#211 4 years ago

I change my opinion to "The Andy Griffith Show". There has never been a time since the series cancellation it has not been on with re-runs, now daily. It crosses Geographical differences, my friend from Detroit asked me where Mayberry was, he wanted to move his family there. I told him of several Towns like the fictional one but he believed in the real thing.
    It crossed racial lines, despite having virtually no Black characters my friends can quote verse and line from any episode and still laugh. One friend however told me "I have seen every episode a 1000 times and sick of it".
    Though primarily a Southern humour based show it was filmed in California and has its devoted fans in the West as well.
    A secret; the real Mayberry is located just over the State line in Virginia, it received its name from a local corn mill (Mabry Mill). Andy knew of it and visited as a child like everyone else in his hometown of Mt. Airy, which has tried for 40 years to declare itself the "Official Mayberry". Maybry Mill and nearby Mayberry Host bluegrass music, sourgham mollasses making, and the best breakfast you ever had.
    Like EM pinball, the Andy Griffith Show is fading from the scene.

#212 4 years ago

Unsolved Mysteries. With Robert Stack

#213 4 years ago

I love coming back to this thread every afternoon and seeing the new replies and thinking 'that's right- I loved that show'! So many good ones to choose from.

Keep em coming!

I also forgot Rescue Me.....I almost fell out of my chair when they showed 'partial' nudity and the language they used.....I hadn't heard any swear words on tv before this show aired on FX.....it was groundbreaking. First few seasons were great when Tommy was a raging alcoholic....the last few seasons kinda tapered off...but still a great show.

#214 4 years ago

Sopranos. Was always consistently good, never had a "bad period" (even the worst storyline Vito in NH had enough good stuff going on in the rest of the episodes) and the ending was brilliant.

#215 4 years ago

09D02BD1-C077-40DD-B5D5-A16D2887A154.gif09D02BD1-C077-40DD-B5D5-A16D2887A154.gif
    #216 4 years ago

LTG : )

#217 4 years ago

I loved this show when it was running!

ne (resized).jpgne (resized).jpg
    #218 4 years ago

Did anybody else have a crush on Bailey? I remember visiting Cincinnati in the late 70s and being so disappointed to find out WKRP was a fictional station.

220px-Jan_Smithers_as_Bailey_Quarters (resized).png220px-Jan_Smithers_as_Bailey_Quarters (resized).png894adff6779ed210a3773f92cb9e90dd (resized).jpg894adff6779ed210a3773f92cb9e90dd (resized).jpg
    #219 4 years ago

There is no one "Greatest T.V. Show Ever". There are many great shows, and a few that share being some of the greatest.
    But I'll throw these out there:

Dallas
    Star Trek
    The Twilight Zone
    M*A*S*H*
    All in the Family
    Nova
    Sons of Anarchy
    Arrested Development
    Rowan and Martin's Laugh In
    Archer

#220 4 years ago

Spartacus - Although it went downhill after Andy Whitfield passed away.
    Bosch
    Banshee

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Did anybody else have a crush on Bailey? I remember visiting Cincinnati in the late 70s and being so disappointed to find out WKRP was a fictional station.[quoted image][quoted image]

Huge crush....another great show!

"As God as my witness.... I thought turkeys could fly!" Mr Carlson

#222 4 years ago

The only show not mentioned so far that is a glaring omission for me is Downton Abbey.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Unsolved Mysteries. With Robert Stack

There's a channel on Pluto TV that streams that non-stop

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Huge crush....another great show!
    "As God as my witness.... I thought turkeys could fly!" Mr Carlson

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

#225 4 years ago

Damn, you're old!! If you remember that show.

#226 4 years ago

Lawrence Welk !

#227 4 years ago

Was watching WKRP on Netflix (?) it’s not the same they removed all the original rock music and replaced with some no name songs.

https://www.wvxu.org/post/dont-bother-watching-wkrp-without-original-music#stream/0

Same with Married with Children and Bosom Buddies they changed the theme songs because they didn’t want to pay or lost the licenses to the songs.

#228 4 years ago

Yeah people harp aboot that all the time but honestly I was too young to remember any of the music anyway, and I don't know if they ever played it in reruns anyway. Music really isn't a factor.

I just watched some Married with Children on TV recently and it was still the theme

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah people harp aboot that all the time but honestly I was too young to remember any of the music anyway, and I don't know if they ever played it in reruns anyway. Music really isn't a factor.

How can you say "music really isn't a factor" in a show that centers around a rock and roll radio station?

#230 4 years ago

Milton Burl, Groucho Marks, Lucille Ball, Laugh-in, damn so many comedy or variety shows were on TV it's impossible to pick. Truly was the Golden Age Of Television.

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

That 70's show!

You know for me the Mom and Dad made that show funny and worth watching.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

You know for me the Mom and Dad made that show funny and worth watching.

Clearly! Red and Kitty Forman are essentials within the show.
    Season 8 was crap though...

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How can you say "music really isn't a factor" in a show that centers around a rock and roll radio station?

Besides your point making no real sense it's because nothing they do, say, talk about, react to has anything to do with specific music that I can think of, other than The Whom trampling death episode.
    It's just generic rock music which is the point of the show, like the end credit music.

EDIT: Just do this, name your favorite 10 memories from the show and see if any of them has to do with music....unless they pulled out the "red wigglers" music

#235 4 years ago

For those that haven't seen the WKRP 'turkey' episode….

#237 4 years ago

discussing the cost of licensing real music for WKRP

I was watching on Hulu and they had the sound alike music

https://robservatory.com/when-the-music-really-matters/

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Season 8 was crap though...

Seth...Myers...Brother...

#239 4 years ago

Anyone remember this?

#240 4 years ago

Reescue me was pretty damn well, but also went on a bit too long.

#241 4 years ago

Mary Kay and Johnny

#242 4 years ago

They had to change the music in WKRP? That is the weirdest licensing story I have heard yet.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Sopranos.....changed tv shows forever

Sopranos, Rockford Files, next Generation.

Really an exercise in futility. So much great television in the last 20 yrs, never mind the first 40.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Besides your point making no real sense it's because nothing they do, say, talk about, react to has anything to do with specific music that I can think of,

Silly talk. Impossible to have this classic scene without Pink Floyd

#245 4 years ago

Never bothered me but YMMV

#246 4 years ago

One of my all time favorites.

C71F9E83-8789-43FB-91E0-977175CD3E81 (resized).jpegC71F9E83-8789-43FB-91E0-977175CD3E81 (resized).jpeg
    #247 4 years ago

Another vote for M*A*S*H

(Though if you're on heavy drugs, then maybe Lidsville)

Lidsville (resized).jpgLidsville (resized).jpg
    #248 4 years ago

M*A*S*H

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

(Though if you're on heavy drugs, then maybe Lidsville)

$15.00 worth of Mexican dirt pot but man, we thought it was the *hit back in the day

#250 4 years ago

No votes for Cop Rock?

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-greatest-tv-show-of-all-time-poll/page/5?hl=ntstlgl1970 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.