(Topic ID: 48685)

What is the greatest Stern Pinball machine ever made & why?

By SummerGirl144

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by treveism
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Stern pinball do you enjoy the most?”

• AC/DC (Premium/LE) 71 votes
    39%
  • Metallica 9 votes
    5%
  • X-Men 8 votes
    4%
  • Spider-Man 28 votes
    15%
  • Transformers (Premium/LE) 6 votes
    3%
  • TRON: Legacy ( LE) 41 votes
    22%
  • Iron Man 16 votes
    9%
  • The Avengers 4 votes
    2%

(183 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

scramble.jpg
image.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I like Tron and Sopranos

#52 6 years ago

SM smokes......period.....

#53 6 years ago

LOTR and SOP

#54 6 years ago

you left off the 2 I'd vote for....
RBION and LOTR

#55 6 years ago

Until I get my hands on Metallica.......... Nascar!
Thats my story and I'm sticken with it.

#56 6 years ago

What's with leaving out all the 1980's Sterns? This is like asking "what's the greatest Chevy of all time, 2012 Malibu or 2012 Impala?"

#57 6 years ago

Toss up between LOTR and AC/DC Premium.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

What's with leaving out all the 1980's Sterns? This is like asking "what's the greatest Chevy of all time, 2012 Malibu or 2012 Impala?"

There are a lot more good Chevys than 80's Sterns, and thats coming from a Ford guy.

#59 6 years ago

This poll is made of Fail and AIDS.

#60 6 years ago

No TSPP and LOTR! bad poll! start a new one with them included!

#61 6 years ago

This like a "Best 90's Bally/Williams" poll without MM, AFM, MB.

#62 6 years ago

Bring on Metallica Premium/LE.....first game from Stern where I actually want a NIB

#64 6 years ago

No such thing!!!! Bally/Williams Games Rule!!!!! Just kidding, I like Metallica....

#65 6 years ago

AC/DC (Premium/LE) and IM

IM could be much better since the code is not finished! But I doubt it ever will....

#66 6 years ago

Orbiter 1! Pfft..

#67 6 years ago
#69 6 years ago

Almost anything with completed code is simply awesome.

#70 6 years ago

I say LOTR, but AC/DC Premium/LE is a close second.

#71 6 years ago

I think the OP didn't realize that Stern has made games since 1977. I'm not a classic Stern guy as most early SS games do not appeal to me. But I'm torn between TSPP and SM as my favorites.

#72 6 years ago

SM - good flow and you have to make choices to max score=think, don't just swat the ball!

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I think the OP didn't realize that Stern has made games since 1977. I'm not a classic Stern guy as most early SS games do not appeal to me. But I'm torn between TSPP and SM as my favorites.

Correction: Stern / Seeburg made pins from 1977 to 1985, and Stern pinball used to be Sega pinball, and part of Data East before that. Two different companies with many of the same people involved.

#74 6 years ago

RBION without a doubt.

#75 6 years ago

LOTR
Avengers LE
TSPP
TRON
ACDC LE
Family Guy
XMen LE
Spider-Man
Pirates

In that order

#76 6 years ago

My Scramble proudly wears the Stern name.

scramble.jpg

#77 6 years ago

WPT.

Deep rule set.
Solid build construction.
Actually fun to play and way under rated and a sleeper.

And the best part was they could be had NIB shipped on a close out price of $2800'ish from Canada.

For this price point its hard to beat fun per dollar and I refuse to buy any more NIB games when they head way north of 4 grand. I like some of the new titles especially AC/DC but its still just another pinball machine and there are LOTS of good titles for 1/2 of the current new stuff.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

WPT.
Deep rule set.Solid build construction.Actually fun to play and way under rated and a sleeper.
And the best part was they could be had NIB shipped on a close out price of $2800'ish from Canada.
For this price point its hard to beat fun per dollar and I refuse to buy any more NIB games when they head way north of 4 grand. I like some of the new titles especially AC/DC but its still just another pinball machine and there are LOTS of good titles for 1/2 of the current new stuff.

Finally someone talking some sense here.

Granner sound, KJ rules (with apparently some Lyman too), Steve Ritchie flow, 16 drops, awesome funky retro-techno music, metal ramps, solid build quality, modern pin but has an open playfield that makes it feel old-school - like a great EM, card theme is timeless, change the translite and you're good to go, $2200 gets you an HUO in excellent condition, four flippers, upper playfield that is useful in the game, hitting all three drop target banks in one shot is the shizzle, 3X bonus is just fun as hell for some reason, love the 180-reverse ramp or whatever it's called, spinners, looks sweet with mirror blades, hearing the call-outs for the hole cards of "ladies" or "king crab" or "snowmen" and others, I could go on and on.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Almost anything with completed code is simply awesome.

lol.... Looks like we have to wait 6 months to get the wizard modes for Metallica... Fukn good times... I do like that game by the way...

#80 6 years ago

The OP deliberately left out LOTR and TSPP because he knew that they would beat AC/DC.

#81 6 years ago

For me, It's got to be Tron LE.

The light show plus the game play separates it from every other Stern ever built.

Marcus

#84 6 years ago

Iron Maiden because boobs.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My Scramble proudly wears the Stern name.

And for some reason the name Watson just came to mind.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Finally someone talking some sense here.
Granner sound, KJ rules (with apparently some Lyman too), Steve Ritchie flow, 16 drops, awesome funky retro-techno music, metal ramps, solid build quality, modern pin but has an open playfield that makes it feel old-school - like a great EM, card theme is timeless, change the translite and you're good to go, $2200 gets you an HUO in excellent condition, four flippers, upper playfield that is useful in the game, hitting all three drop target banks in one shot is the shizzle, 3X bonus is just fun as hell for some reason, love the 180-reverse ramp or whatever it's called, spinners, looks sweet with mirror blades, hearing the call-outs for the hole cards of "ladies" or "king crab" or "snowmen" and others, I could go on and on.

Remove upper left orbit gate and disable post in the software settings except on "River" and you have a fast and nice looping orbit shot.

Its not as trendy as some other titles but a solid game and drops are WAY cool and well done.

#87 6 years ago

Of the games listed I've only got to play SM, Tron, Transformers and AC/DC. And Tron and Transformers I've played so little, that I don't feel I have a 'right' to vote in the list above (I have played most of the Stern games that are not mentioned in the list though ).

#88 6 years ago

For the people who enjoy Lord Of The Rings, like this post!

#89 6 years ago

LOTR should be on the poll it is still the best Stern of all time...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 24.50
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside