(Topic ID: 16520)

WHAT IS THE GREATEST SINGLE TOY EVER ON A PM???

By PINBELL

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Baiter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

I have to say also gumball machine in TZ that is just bad ass (+ powerball "give it back it's not yours").

Pirate ship in POC

#52 7 years ago

T-rex eating ball on JP
    Trunk in TOM
    Spinning ball in WCS

#54 7 years ago

Rudy! The eye movements, the opening/closing mouth, the vibrating lower jaw when snoring, the interaction with the player. I still can't believe that was back in 1990. Truly unbelievable. Pat Lawlor & team FTW!

#55 7 years ago

MM castle. Pinball circus has some crazy toys

#56 7 years ago

While I might not say it is the very best, I certainly think the wheel on Wheel of Fortune is worthy of mention.

#57 7 years ago

I think the rocket on Apollo 13 with 13 balls is pretty cool, too!

#58 7 years ago

The castle on MM...very cool.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

The glove on JM is pretty cool and interactive too

Agreed! A very cool strategic toy. Very underrated toy and game.... IMO of course.

#60 7 years ago

MM........ castle

MB...... dracula

PRED............Soon to be? A huge interactive Predator toy?

#61 7 years ago

Some of my favorites:

Rudy- probably started the whole toy thing.

Addams Family- took pinball to a new level of coolness. Help sell thousands.

MM- Probably coolest and nothing like it since. drawbridge, portcullis, explosions. When newbies see it, they pretty much say that they didn't know pinball machines could do that.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I think the MM castle wins this poll easily. Runner up is "Thing" on TAF.

2nd runner up,jodie foster.

#63 7 years ago

For me a tie between the ship in POTC and the crane of BDK.

#64 7 years ago

Ship in POTC/Crane in BDK joint first for me.

MM castle was lackluster for me as I'd heard so much about it being hyped up when I got to play one and destroyed the castle I was left a little "is that it?"

#65 7 years ago

MM castle.
    PM wand.
    PoTC ship.
    JP T.Rex.

#66 7 years ago

There are so many...But I'll try to name one or two of my favs.

The Jump Rope on Champion pub is my fvaorite toy as it is interactive with the player, you don't just sit there and watch it you jump the rope. Very creative.

Then I would have to say Rudy or Red and Ted. All 3 are great but Rudy gets the credit because he was first.

Honerable mention.
    Sinking ship
    Exploding castle

#67 7 years ago

I just don't understand the big votes for the MM castle! I played the game for the first time at Allentown. I heard about the Crumbling Castle, but when I finally saw it...it just shakes a bit! Maybe the game I played was defective? Even the T-Rex in JP is way cooler than a jiggling castle. IMO

#68 7 years ago

I did the crane on LAH. I love how the shaker motor gets crazy when it moves!

#69 7 years ago

Twister multiball magnet
    POTC sinking ship
    Sttng Borg ship
    BiG Hurt baseball glove
    Corvette drag race
    HS2 supercharger

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I heard about the Crumbling Castle, but when I finally saw it...it just shakes a bit!

I'd say the castle toy being good is not just the castle, but the whole drawbridge, gate and wall break-through thing... plus the green moat... and I wouldn't describe the collapsing part as 'just shaking', the towers really fall down to around 30deg from vertical... so maybe the one you played was, as you say, defective...?

#71 7 years ago

I agree with the couple of others that find all the MM votes undeserved. I consider it a fancy bash toy. I guess I'm missing something on the STTNG Borg ship also...what does it do besides occasionally / rarely spit a ball out?

A lot of good ones listed here though. Twister and Lost in Space magnet spin looks cool. Rudy got a whole lot cooler when I realized his eyes follow the ball. I like the Johnny glove. Pirate ship is cool...I also like the spinning target area that Pirates and some other games use. I like Stewie / Donkey pinball, the wand on Pinball Magic and the jump rope on Champ Pub (even though I do terrible at it). The outlane ball save on TOTAN is also extremely cool, but I don't know if I would call it a toy.

If I were going to pick a winner though....I would probably say the crane on BTDK. I haven't played it much but having a physical moving target is really cool. Cooler than hitting a Big Buck or a Mick Jagger, but they are fun too. Someone mentioned the crane on LAH in compairason to the Batman crane. There really is no compairison except they are both cranes. The one on LAH is just used to transport a ball to the lock area. Fun, but not as impressive or interactive as the crane on Batman.

#72 7 years ago

I forgot to mention one that I haven't seen mentioned yet. The slam ramp on No Good Gophers. There is just something I love about a game encouraging air balls.

#73 7 years ago

I guess it depends on what your definition of a toy is. Here is a list of my favs by era:

80's
    magnasave, solar fire, etc.
    embryon center captive ball
    Fire! break the window shot
    Whirlwind spinners
    Big Guns guns

90's
    same as many stated above
    JD Dead world

2K's
    same as many stated above

#74 7 years ago

Yeah, I forgot! Those Big Guns...guns are pretty cool!

#75 7 years ago

I really like the Raising of the goal posts on MNF.

#76 7 years ago

I already answered this question, but how could I leave out something I see all the time.
    MB's Frankenstein on the gurney. Great toy, not to mention one of the alltime greatest starts to multiball EVER.

#77 7 years ago

Pinbot's visor and eyes. Genius for that day in age.

#78 7 years ago

Yes! ...Now I See You... Scary!!

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I already answered this question, but how could I leave out something I see all the time.
    MB's Frankenstein on the gurney. Great toy, not to mention one of the alltime greatest starts to multiball EVER.

Very true. Honorable mention goes to Drac and his coffin.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

sinking institute is kick-azz

I agree...the sinking institute combined with ES shaking ability blew me away the first time I experienced it! If ES is on a non-carpeted floor you can feel the vibrations through your legs. I think the shaker motor is the most recent / older unique feature used on newer machines today! I also love the originality of the DW time expander being able to reverse depending on game play and of course FH Rudy.

1) Shaker motor(Sinking institute)
    2) Time expander
    3) Rudy

#81 7 years ago

MM castle
    CP jump rope/speed bag
    PM wand
    MB frank
    BSD mist multi
    A13 rocket
    JP t-rex
    TAF thing
    POTC ship
    FH Rudy

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from rdonohue13:

I really like the Raising of the goal posts on MNF.

Those were so bad ass back in the day!

#84 7 years ago

Top 3 for me:
    MM Castle
    RUDY!!
    Shadow Battlefield (1000x cooler than TZ mini playfield)

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from acey99:

Then i must vote for TZ's powerfield.

#86 7 years ago

Yea, the castle on MM is a pretty great toy perfectly integrated into the theme.

#87 7 years ago

Well now that I think of it...maybe Path of Adventure is #1. Fun, cool, functional..etc.

EDIT: weird one I saw was for that gottlieb title...Emergancy? Where the chopper comes out and picks up the locked ball.

#88 7 years ago

For nostalgia reasons, Thing on TAF. It was the first pinball "toy" that blew my mind. Like "Dude, Thing comes out! And he GRABS YOUR BALL!"

That was awesome at Putt Putt in 1992. Although my games on T2 always lasted longer, and that was awesome cause it was Terminator and it was the greatest movie EVER! to a 14 year old kid.

#89 7 years ago

I remember playing TAF for the first time. AMAZING! Got me hooked! The last pinball I had played before that was Laserball! It had become a whole new animal!!! The beginning of an obsession!!!

#90 7 years ago

The greatest single toy for a pinball machine has got to be the pop bumper!

Jim

#91 7 years ago

I really like the POTC. The sails are independent and it has a really cool motion to it.

#92 7 years ago

Just out of curiosity: is a video mode considered to be a toy?

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just out of curiosity: is a video mode considered to be a toy?

Nope. Must be mechanical.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope. Must be mechanical.

Thanks, hmm, sounds like a good separate thread then.

#95 7 years ago

MM Castle
    POTC Ship
    NGG Slam ramp

#96 7 years ago

- TZ mini playfield
    - BDK crane
    Doug

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks, hmm, sounds like a good separate thread then.

Yeah there was one not too long ago i think. I just played Creature last weekend and totally forgot about that Video mode...how could I forget the fatality?

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from acey99:

Top 3 for me:
    MM Castle
    RUDY!!

I have both The Shadow and TZ here and I can't understand how anyone could say the mini pf on TS is "1000x cooler" than TZ's.

Two invisible flippers vs a piece of plastic that you try to block the ball with? Gotta go with TZ as having the cooler mini pf between those two.

#99 7 years ago

You are Sooooo going to hell...

Meet me in the EM room when you arrive.

#100 7 years ago

The backbox of NBA Fastbreak is pretty cool. This is probably the first time I have been able to think of that the game comes to mind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.50
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.95
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 44.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside