(Topic ID: 312184)

What is the "going price" for a Rocky & Bullwinkle Machine?

By too-many-pins

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinballkim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wax (resized).jpeg
    RB Movie (resized).jpg
    11b28ebe190ceff2398e29a89e80b4cd0f917101 (resized).jpg
    DSC_7359-Custom (resized).jpg
    pb-0323 (resized).jpg
    FF76C097-AEA2-448F-8E05-2F5249089FF2 (resized).jpeg
    8EDE37CC-B242-48E9-A5FA-0C9D8B2E70E5 (resized).jpeg
    C06BD642-D42D-4594-ADAF-9230E818890C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your pricing seems pretty high. We are talking about an as-is, very old Data East game that will probably need a ton of work. There's almost zero chance the MPU isn't covered in green battery corrosion and will need to be replaced. And DE games do not hold up nearly as well as Bally/WIlliams stuff from the same era, almost everything is built just a little bit shittier.
    I've just been through this with a DE Simpsons game.
    My suggestion would be keep it at $2K or less or don't bother, unless it's REALLY nice inside and out.

Plus the game sucks and the sound is insufferable, so there's that too .

But hard to say without pics, etc. Once you pass 2500 for that title it better be a super clean example IMO.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I can never decide between R&B or Simpsons being the worst.

WRONG HAT

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too Many Pins is a pinside legend, but I totally forgot about this part of his act...
    The "I have a game for sale but it's not for sale maybe it's for sale well it's not for sale but maybe one day it will be for sale" routine.
    Like...why do you do this? If a game is for sale list it for sale, even if your middlemanning. "Look out for a Rocky and Bullwinkle that may be for sale in the upcoming future?"
    This really needed to happen here? For what purpose? Of COURSE people are going to send you messages about a RB pin if they are interested and local. This surprises you?
    Classic too-many-pins!

I dont know about you but I've got a reminder on my phone to check Facebook every 15 minutes for a $4K Rocky and Bullwinkle, so this was very valuable for me.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Again I see why I typically don't even bother with Pinside these days. Ask a simple question and the BS starts all over again. Good luck guys - this old man is done talking about this I need to get back to work and make some money.

Didn't you get answers? Levi is at 2K, I'm around 2.5...someone else is 4K deep into R&B, and it sounds like you already gave him your opinion as well...so 2K to 4K depending on condition (which we don't know) and how bad the buyer wants a R&B, which we also don't know. With the info you have, I think it's not at all a "simple question". What were you expecting aside from that and what you already told him?

#34 2 years ago

As an aside, I have checked and the game is NOT yet listed, I repeat the game is NOT yet listed.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Remember OP these don’t even count… laughable!

You offering this guy 4K in the dark on this? If you want to scan my collection and make any offers I am ready to listen...

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Did I offer anything? The op asked a question… the going rate for what he thinks is a super nice R&B… stay with us here.

I'm with you. I'm interpreting "going rate" as "what someone would pay". If you're not willing to pay what you say something is worth, why should anyone else?

Based on the (basically non existent) information we have, I'd be comfortable paying 2K without seeing it. I don't think I could even muster up 4K for a HUO out of the box R&B, let alone one I haven't seen. No one, not even the guy asking, has see the game, he's seen some trains and a house.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

You seem lost… never heard him trying to sell it to you. The only thing I read from his first post was the going rate of what he thinks is a super nice machine. Not rocket science here.

Its not any science really, its all about what someone will pay. Have you seen a "super nice" one lately? Has it sold recently? If someone wants to pay 10K I don't care its not my money, but what info are you basing this price on that the rest of us don't have?

#51 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah you already told us that 4 times.
    Another classic too-many-pinism. When you do an angry goodbye, you are supposed to actually goodbye and not keep posting.

Should we be building room into our estimate to buy his game then sell it for some pocket money? If so I'm closer to you at $2K.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-going-price-for-a-rocky-amp-bullwinkle-machine?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.