(Topic ID: 312184)

What is the "going price" for a Rocky & Bullwinkle Machine?

By too-many-pins

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinballkim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wax (resized).jpeg
    RB Movie (resized).jpg
    11b28ebe190ceff2398e29a89e80b4cd0f917101 (resized).jpg
    DSC_7359-Custom (resized).jpg
    pb-0323 (resized).jpg
    FF76C097-AEA2-448F-8E05-2F5249089FF2 (resized).jpeg
    8EDE37CC-B242-48E9-A5FA-0C9D8B2E70E5 (resized).jpeg
    C06BD642-D42D-4594-ADAF-9230E818890C (resized).jpeg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Oh ok, that explains why I don't know what it is. Why did get it made in the 90s though?

Cheap theme? Oh, I think they made a terrible live-action R&B movie in the 90s too, maybe they were trying to piggy-back on that?

EDIT: Nope, that movie didn't come out until 2000. It was a piece of shit though. So I guess we're back to cheap theme!

RB Movie (resized).jpgRB Movie (resized).jpg
    #102 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Oh ok, that explains why I don't know what it is. Why did get it made in the 90s though?

Why did Munsters get made in 20’ teens ?

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Cheap license.

Of course because of the older guys who watched the show back in the day. But we are in the home use era. In the 90s, pins were on location, so not so much nostalgia.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Pinside was begging for it!

Quoted from PoMC:

Cheap license.

Yeah, this probably didn't hurt

#105 2 years ago

Amazing all the R&B haters out there. R&B was my first SS Machine, and don't plan on it ever leaving the collection. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

But really, you have to beat up on a guy just trying to get an honest value range for a game? This is why people leave Pinside. Sad.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I don't even know what a Rocky & Bullwinkle is supposed to be? Lame theme for sure. Was it something popular in the 90s?

Not that I'm aware of, I think at best it was on the air here in late 70's (North East) which was clearly syndication since it went off the air in 1964!

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Amazing all the R&B haters out there. R&B was my first SS Machine, and don't plan on it ever leaving the collection.

I enjoyed my R&B for the year or two I owned it -- I love the theme, and the animated mirrored backglass is one of the best in pinball. The gameplay isn't the greatest, but if you're mediocre at pinball as I am and aren't really capable of exploiting design flaws in a meaningful way it's still fun to play. And at least in my experience younger kids gravitate to the cartoonish sound and colorful graphics even though none of them will know who R&B are. That said, when my kids got a bit older I heard no complaints when I sold R&B and upgraded to a DE Jurassic Park, which is definitely better on the gameplay front.

Quoted from DCRand:

But really, you have to beat up on a guy just trying to get an honest value range for a game? This is why people leave Pinside. Sad.

Not sure who you're talking to here, but I provided my personal sale experience and a price estimate in my first post in here. When OP told us that he was a "deep thinker" unlike most of us dolts here on Pinside, I poked some fun. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Also, OP has a history of combative price-check threads. You can blame him, the peanut gallery, or some combination, but I don't think his experience is indicative of the usual Pinside response when someone tries to discuss pin pricing here. I'd also point out that OP says he's leaving Pinside because he got into trains. Which is cool. But there's little indication so far that he's actually leaving Pinside, so it may be premature to start mourning him just yet.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Amazing all the R&B haters out there. R&B was my first SS Machine, and don't plan on it ever leaving the collection. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

Yep.

It’s no longer ok to complain about the bullshit prices that manufacturers are currently charging and you better not insinuate that Rocky & Bullwinkle could possibly be valued north of 3K, God damn it.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Not sure who you're talking to here, but I provided my personal sale experience and a price estimate in my first post in here. When OP told us that he was a "deep thinker" unlike most of us dolts here on Pinside, I poked some fun. I won't lose any sleep over it.
    Also, OP has a history of combative price-check threads. You can blame him, the peanut gallery, or some combination, but I don't think his experience is indicative of the usual Pinside response when someone tries to discuss pin pricing here. I'd also point out that OP says he's leaving Pinside because he got into trains. Which is cool. But there's little indication so far that he's actually leaving Pinside, so it may be premature to start mourning him just yet.

It is all good guys. Sometimes I like poking my finger into a hornets nest just for the heck of it. I am suppose to be getting together with CrazyLevi at the Allentown Show just to shoot the shit a little. He and I actually have crossed paths before at Allentown. Some of these guys know how to "push my buttons" but I don't mind as long as it keeps bumping a topic back to the top of the page giving me as much usable information as possible between all the drama.

As far as me leaving Pinside it really has nothing to do with what goes on here. I am 68 years old with bad knees & a bad back so after moving over 600 pinball machines in 12 years a couple years ago I promised my wife I would stop moving these heavy things around. I have a bad habit of not know how to say no so using last week as an example. I delivered a machine to a guy in New Jersey and didn't think twice when he asked me to help him get it into his basement. That stuff is why I am getting away from Pinside NOT because of a few people who constantly target me because of a couple things that happened in the past.

Pinside has helped me sell hundreds of machines and also helped me sell my Pinball Parts Business. It has been a great venue for me and I will likely continue to send Robin some money and keep my account. But once the last 4 or 5 "extra" machines are sold from our collection I will not a have a reason to visit Pinside or post much. It has been a great ride but it is really time for me to "start acting my age" as my wife keeps telling me.

#110 2 years ago

If anyone wants to debate the Data East vs Bally Williams build quality, stop by my spaces at Pinfest. They are Skips old spots.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

If anyone wants to debate the Data East vs Bally Williams build quality, stop by my spaces at Pinfest. They are Skips old spots.

If I do end up at the show I'll stop by and hang out with you for a little while. I mainly want to run over to say hello to a lot of guys I have not seen in a couple of years. I am not a fan of the "large side" of the Allentown Show (way too busy & too much noise for my liking) but I love hanging out in the little flea market side of the building. Sadly my buddy Pete (I-Buy-Pinballs) isn't going to be at the show this year but as far as I know most of the rest of the crew will be their.

If you have your stuff priced right you should do good in my old space. Last time I set up at Allentown I sold everything I took including my handtruck. So I came home completely empty except for my 3 tables. The van & trailer didn't ride as nice on the way home because they were empty but at least when I got home it was easy to unload. I don't remember exactly but I think between pinball and arcade machines I started out with somewhere around 56 or 58 machines total at Allentown but most of the arcades were already pre sold so the only thing that stayed at the show was around 35 pinball machines and some parts. I do remember it was interesting because I had two trailers at Allentown for the show and one tow vehicle. So my one trailer spent the night at the guys house I sold the arcades to.

Ivan has always done a great job with the Allentown Show since he took it over like 12 years ago. As with pretty much anyone Ivan & I have our differences but he does a great job as the promoter of that show and his crew does a heck of a job with everything also. I'll miss setting up but I will not miss the work involved! Best of luck to you at the show!

#113 2 years ago

It may be listed one day. It also may not be listed. But you should keep your eyes open for it. He's just trying to help a guy out here!

#114 2 years ago

don't have a cow man

#116 2 years ago

Not listed on the local Facebook marketplace yet, but could be some day!

#117 2 years ago

What I find funny about all of this is never once did I say this machine was going up for sale. All I asked was what is the going price for a Rocky & Bullwinkle.

But on the "flip side" the trolls and drama keep bumping a post like this to page one instead of it just slipping away. So if any of you are looking to keep a post on the first page of the search ask for a little drama and it will hang around on page one or two for days.

As for as possibility of machine going up for sale in the next month or two I would say it will likely happen. As far as when or where I wouldn't have a clue. All I know is the guy is downsizing and getting ready to move. Again something I stated early on. I didn't keep his contact information since I am not interested and had already picked up the trains from him so my business with him is done.

Anyway sorry I can't tell you any more but I will not be talking with him again unless he contacts me because he found more trains.

#118 2 years ago

One last thing - if it does pop up for sale please post it here I would love to know if it is a nice as I expect it will be. Also I am curious if it was one from the Pinball Barn as I expect it might be. If it is from M&P amusements in York PA all I can say is run baby run.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

One last thing - if it does pop up for sale please post it here I would love to know if it is a nice as I expect it will be.

Yeah, no shit.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah, no shit.

When I was at the guys house I really wish I would have thought to at least ask to take a look at it. Ever since I keep wondering what I "passed on" without even looking at it. But like I said earlier I was afraid if I did take a look I would have ended up bringing it home and I really didn't want to go down that path right now. I am in the middle of way too much other stuff to be adding more machines to the collection at this point in my life.

Sometimes we all "outsmart ourselves" and this was one of those cases for me.

Anyway if anyone sees it up for sale or ends up buying it PLEASE post an update.

#121 2 years ago

Anyway if anyone sees it up for sale or ends up buying it PLEASE post an update.

Now this is the kind of surprise twist that keeps a discussion thread going! Wouldn't have seen this coming four days ago, when it seemed like you were just seeking pricing advice to pass along to a fellow train-buff.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Now this is the kind of surprise twist that keeps a discussion thread going! Wouldn't have seen this coming four days ago, when it seemed like you were just seeking pricing advice to pass along to a fellow train-buff.

Actually after all the discussion here on Pinside it got me kind of curious about the machine. I am now about two years removed from doing much of anything with pinball machines other then selling a few excess machines from our collection but sometimes the more you think about something the more curious you become.

I am still glad I didn't tempt myself by going into the guys house to look at it and I though this thread had just faded away but today I discovered a couple people had posted here again so I figured I would do what I always seem to do and get sucked back into the discussion. I even went back into my Facebook messages to see if I still had the guys contact info but that is long gone.

Anyway - as with some other people here now I am curious.

#123 2 years ago

2 posts later.

When I was at the guys house I really wish I would have thought to at least ask to take a look at it.

Gotta love it.

#124 2 years ago

Skip get a teddy bear ! Or a plank!

#125 2 years ago

Is this stuff is safe for playfields?

wax (resized).jpegwax (resized).jpeg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-going-price-for-a-rocky-amp-bullwinkle-machine/page/3?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.