(Topic ID: 99559)

What is the furthest you've driven for a pin?

By asay

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

How long of a drive and what machine was it? Bonus points if it was a killer deal.

#2 9 years ago

About 8 hours each way to trade Dredd and Fish Tales for a HUO RFM with an Episode 1 kit.

Nearly 8 hours each way to buy Congo.

...12 hours each way (24 hours round trip) for the lower half of a Bad Cats cabinet. Not a whole pinball, but probably one of the crazier things anyone has done.

#3 9 years ago

2,800 miles in a box truck (Naples, FL to Allentown, PA and back with stops) for:
    -Devils dare
    -Fast Draw
    -Abra Ca Dabra
    -Interflip Dragon
    -Volley
    -Paragon
    -Target Pool
    Took 4 FULL days and only one stop to actually sleep. It was fun, but i'm not planning on doing it again anytime soon

#4 9 years ago

8 1/2 hours each way for TSPP

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

2,800 miles in a box truck (Naples, FL to Allentown, PA and back with stops) for:
    -Devils dare
    -Fast Draw
    -Abra Ca Dabra
    -Interflip Dragon
    -Volley
    -Paragon
    -Target Pool
    Took 4 FULL days and only one stop to actually sleep. It was fun, but i'm not planning on doing it again anytime soon

Damn...I scoff at anything over 2 hours. Nice haul though.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

About 8 hours each way to trade Dredd and Fish Tales for a HUO RFM with an Episode 1 kit.
    Nearly 8 hours each way to buy Congo.
    ...12 hours each way (24 hours round trip) for the lower half of a Bad Cats cabinet. Not a whole pinball, but probably one of the crazier things anyone has done.

That is crazy

6 hours each way for a Shadow

#7 9 years ago

6 hours each way in one shot to trade my old IM for a beautiful TAF. Hi Eskaybee!

#8 9 years ago

Farthest for a pin has been about 2 hours each way.

For an arcade, I drove 15 1/2 hours each way over one weekend. From Waukesha, WI to Fort Collins, CO and back. Not planning on that long of a trip for anything in the near future.

#9 9 years ago

Traded my TZ for a SM 2 years ago, 12 hour round trip in one day (Tampa to Mr Stack somewhere in South Georgia). Had my gf of the time riding shotgun with me. Made the drive because the SM looked in better shape and SMs were fetching about 1K more than TZ then from what I saw. About halfway home on the return trip I got a sinking feeling in my stomach and started missing TZ.

Fast forward to now and I finally got both SM and TZ back in much better shape than the first ones I had. TZ is my all time favorite pin, never letting go of it again.

#10 9 years ago

OK, here's one question to add...

If you take the furthest trip you've ever done...would you do it again?

I ran from NJ to Altoona, PA by way of south NJ. Dropped off 4 Square, picked up an IGT double diamond slot, went to Altoona, picked up a CV, then home.

Then again, the other side of that deal was I later took that CV and drove it down to Virginia (or was it maryland?) and back one shot....

Two things I would not do again. I think personally my limit is 2-3 hours max unless it can be worked into a trip with the wife. Anything beyond, it's not worth my gas and time as opposed to having it shipped.

#11 9 years ago

4 hours each way in one day for WW. Though I've done the 2 1/2-3 hour trek one way several times.

#12 9 years ago

I've done the 4 hour trip each way too many times to keep track.

It seems, the machine(s) you want to buy are never just around the corner.

#13 9 years ago

6 hours each way 680 miles total all in one day to pick up my Stern Spider-Man. Very nice machine and good price. It was a spur of the moment decision and I have a good buddy (Jar23) that was crazy enough to drop everything and go with me. Fun time, but I wouldn't do it for just any machine.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

6 hours each way in one shot to trade my old IM for a beautiful TAF. Hi Eskaybee!

YO! lol. Glad you still got that TAF. thing is a beauty! No...dont have your IM anymorw lol, or an IMVE.

#15 9 years ago

6 hours each way to pickup a Robocop, but was able to crash with nearby family so made it a weekend trip.

#16 9 years ago

From Michigan to Georgia for a Safecracker.

#17 9 years ago

740 miles (round trip) for a Centaur w/ CPR playfield. Sold it last year.

#18 9 years ago

1200 miles roundtrip by air from Anchorage to Sitka to pick up a Xenon.

#19 9 years ago

9am Friday to 5am Saturday for TFTC back in 2012.

#20 9 years ago

25 hours of driving for 1500 miles to look at a game that ended up being pants

Never, ever, ever, ever again! I am taking the little blue pills now!

#21 9 years ago

NJ to Buffalo for a bonebusters. Good price and rare machine. That drive sucked the life out of me. But for the right machine at a good price, I would probably do again.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

YO! lol. Glad you still got that TAF. thing is a beauty! No...dont have your IM anymorw lol, or an IMVE.

Its alright dude, I got an IMVE hahahaha.

#23 9 years ago

Ive made several trips, but tommorow i leave from central illinois to go down to florida, meet a semi there and load up 80 video games, then once loaded, I have to turn around and get back to illinois so that i can beat the semi here to be able to unload it.

I know its vids, but i have bought many pins from the operator and hoping to get him to let me grab a few more pins since ill be there.

troy

#24 9 years ago

I drove from Dallas to Tulsa OK (four hours one way) after work one day....got off at 5pm, had to stop by my house, pick up gear, unload the kids' car seats.... got up there, talked to the guy and took about an hour or so to get all loaded up. Drove 4 hours back to dallas, got back somewhere around 3am. Went to bed, went to work at like 7am.

Paid 1k.

#25 9 years ago

A 10 minut bike ride. For T2 and TAF.

#26 9 years ago

Colorado to Minnesota and back for a Haunted House.

Colorado to Oregon and back for Time Machine.

Was 15 years younger then; I think my max these days would be 3-4 hours one way, though I no longer own a mini-van or anything suitable for carrying pins.

#27 9 years ago

9hrs each way Port Stephens to Brisbane for High Hand my second machine.

#28 9 years ago

4 hours each way for an F-14 Tomcat. Ride home took a little longer because some dumb teenager rear ended me because she was on her cell phone. Luckily no one was hurt (and by no one I mean the pin )

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

From Michigan to Georgia for a Safecracker.

From Michigan to North Carolina for a Safecracker. 1,500 miles round trip.

#31 9 years ago

I don' t have a long trip story, but I have a memorable short trip story - next neighborhood (less than one mile) for a Xenon.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#32 9 years ago

Drove 16 hours round trip, just in Texas, to pick up a Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom for cheap.

#33 9 years ago

Drove to Miami to sell my Bullwinkle and Rocky for $2000
    to then buy Street Fighter 2 (powder coated and some LEDs) for $700.
    $1300 left for something else in the end.

#34 9 years ago

Ten hours or so each way in some pretty bad weather. I doubt that I would do it again...but I probably will!

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I made one trip longer than that (about 12 hrs. each way), but weather wasn't an issue, so it wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

#35 9 years ago

Milwaukee to Knoxville to pick up a LOTR. It was about 20 hours total and around 1300 miles for the round trip.

#36 9 years ago

Sacramento, CA -> Chandler, AZ

~800 miles each way

Did the round trip in 24 hours (almost to the minute).

Left at 3am got back home at 3am.

22 hours of driving + 2 hours of misc. stops

(I have a buddy who's basically a machine and just drives for Redbulls, lol)

#37 9 years ago

One way flight to Nebraska to pick up two HUO games and then the 15 hour drive back home with a one way vehicle.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-furthest-youve-driven-for-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.