(Topic ID: 175129)

What is the fascination with the new Stern Games?

By Robl45

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7ebab6f65d697430363bcc25d3d43274 (resized).jpg
    Amish_horse_and_buggy (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

... None of them have balls flying off ramps or jumping inlanes or setting in the pops for hours like GB and TWD do.

Can't put much value in opinions from someone whose experience comes from selling the game after 30 or so plays.

Quoted from jgentry:

Just sold my premium after about 30 plays...

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I don't remember asking you to value my opinions?

Strawman, lol. Doesn't change the point that your strong opinions have little to no value with such a small amount of experience. It's been even more enlightening to see you double down rather than acknowledge such shortcomings. It has nothing to do with me. Look in the mirror.

Quoted from jgentry:

I knew almost instantly that I made a mistake on GB. No need in pretending like it was going to be something else. I know what I like and that one wasn't it. It was my mistake for getting caught in the hype to purchasing it. It's pretty funny to me that you take the time to go between threads pulling quotes like that. I don't like TWD and you own one, is it really that big of a deal to you?.

That's fine, it isn't for everyone. Too bad you have such strong posts after so few plays; it's just common sense to discount such feedback and behavior, more so when the poster is okay with such behavior and history. Ad hominem attacks seem to make you feel better, so you may as well go for it. Sorry for having a very good memory (it wasn't that hard, as I don't often I read about someone buying, judging and selling a new game after 30 plays, lol). I actually take in and evaluate feedback here on Pinside. Otherwise I'd be getting some bad advice.

#166 7 years ago

I know how you judge games. And that's what I want to know most on Pinside about a member.

And let's get rid of the misdirection that seems to be going on. You are welcome to make a personal decision after 30 plays. As you say, you know yourself and your preferences. And a machine may be so much different from what you want in general gameplay that you know it right away.

But 30 plays is not enough to get to know a new machine very well or learn the intricacies of its setup, so there is little merit in very detailed/strong feedback.

I try to not judge a pinball machine very much until I get a lot of games on it. There is no rush. And I avoid giving detailed feedback or caveat the feedback when I don't have much experience. It's just common sense.

#168 7 years ago

LOL. More ad hominem attacks. You're consistent at least with the shoot the messenger angle. There's little need for me to post any more since you continue to attack me and not acknowledge your posts.

I don't give two sh$%s about you selling your game
    I don't own GB
    I never knew other people didn't like GB
    I don't really care about GB one way or the other
    I judge others opinions here based on their history so I can find good/relevant opinions and feedback

--No matter how much you try to deflect, it's not about me. It is about your posts and your history.--

You are obviously free to like and dislike whatever you want
    You are obviously free to have your own preferences
    Your feedback and history here has lots of fluff and hyperbole along with this glaring lack of experience

'
    '
    Don't worry, I'll keep reading your posts, at least for the entertainment value.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-fascination-with-the-new-stern-games?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.