3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whitewater_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I downloaded the "Handy Level" app for my iPhone, which works beautifully. What should the proper playfield incline setting be if one wants the factory default? I've noticed on my three machines that if I try to center the bubble in the playfield level, it seems to be about 6 degrees.

#2 3 years ago

6.5 for modern machines

whitewater_(resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

There's another good leveling app called pinguy which is made just for pinball. You put in the required degrees and it tells you which legs to adjust. Best thing is it has loud callouts of the adjustments for when your on your hands and knees under the table. Once you've leveled the playfield you can also record the glass setting so you don't have to always remove the glass.

As Homepin said, 6.5 is standard, but anywhere between 6.5 and 7.0 depending on personal preference.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

6.5 for modern machines

correct and changing it to even 6.4 or 6.6, on many games you'll notice a difference on shots and general difficulty getting harder/easier. ex: Iron Man gets harder when too low, i.e. flat due to brutality of side to side action and outlanes. recommend taking leveling your games seriously and check on them from time to time. You're selling yourself short otherwise.

#5 3 years ago

I've read examples were players complain that a machine is too slow and so they bump the playfield incline up to 6.8 degrees, or thereabouts, and then they complain that the flippers are too weak to make shots. I'm not looking for dazzling speed, I just want the my pinballs as factory as possible. I also don't want to do damage to the playfield because the flippers are too strong. It sounds like 6 to 6.5 degrees is factory correct?

#6 3 years ago

I put up an excerpt from a WMS manual above and it says "6 to 6.5" so yes, that would be factory.

I don't see any problem experimenting with a little angle change either way, whatever suits you really.

I would suggest looking in the manual for your specific game and start with what it says.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 90.00
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 157.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside