New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 94208)

What is the "most expensive" Stern Pro sale price?

By swinks

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am curious what the current / recent Stern Pro prices as over here they just keep going up. The downside is we only have a distributor in Aus so no competition.

Currently for Aus $6950 ($6535 USD) you can get a stock standard in stock Pro:
- Metallica
- AC/DC
- Mustang
- Star Trek

And then Ironman VE was available yesterday for Aus $7100 ($6675 USD) as stated Stern had a $100USD price rise.

So Ironman VE for us is the most expensive Stern Pro to Date.

How is this for you guys in the US and Europe as well? Was IM VE more than the other pro's????

I do understand that often prices are on average $1500 more for us due to tax and freight but was more curious how this recent pro stacked up against other pro's currently available from your dealers.

edit - changed the title from dearest to most expensive.

#2 6 years ago

Usually reruns on popular pins are a bit more then new themed pros like with TRON. I believe you can still get a ST Pro in states from a good distributor for around $4500 US delivered to your door or a little higher(within few hundred).

#3 6 years ago

In the UK a Pro edition of Mustang / Star Trek runs at £4595 ($7798 USD)
No public pricing for Iron Man yet

#4 6 years ago

Yep the new Iron Man is also 100 euro more expensive over here. Normally 4600 euro now 4700.

#5 6 years ago

Dearest?

#6 6 years ago

Most Aussies and New Zealanders are flying to America, buying a hearse and loading it up with cheap Sterns. I plan to return the favor by flying to Australia, renting a kangaroo, and loading its pouch with vegemite.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Most Aussies and New Zealanders are flying to America, buying a hearse and loading it up with cheap Sterns. I plan to return the favor by flying to Australia, renting a kangaroo, and loading its pouch with vegemite.</blockquote
that's how us Kiwis role, buy a vechile that signals the death to your secondhand pinball market and send them down under to reborn and played. What a collection rd has!! Worth a trip to see.

#9 6 years ago

Funny how different we talk. Only time I use dearest is in a letter!?! Actully, scratch that. I don't use that word at all now that I think about it.

#10 6 years ago

So is the UK the highest globally?

#11 6 years ago

It's 7,100 Dollars in Denmark approx. But this is without VAT, which is 25% extra I believe... So all paid for it's about 8,875 Dollars in Denmark.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

It's 7,100 Dollars in Denmark approx. But this is without VAT, which is 25% extra I believe... So all paid for it's about 8,875 Dollars in Denmark.

The VAT taxes in Europe always seem incredibly high to me. Is 25% normal for everything you purchase, or is a pinball machine different because it is imported?

#13 6 years ago

Hold on to your shorts, They keep talking about a VAT here too. Anyway to raise taxes to pay for all the splurges by Washington.

#14 6 years ago

When the original IM came out it there was no pro tag. It was IM with no le. So to call it a pro now isn't entirely correct.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

The VAT taxes in Europe always seem incredibly high to me. Is 25% normal for everything you purchase, or is a pinball machine different because it is imported?

Nope almost everything is 21% taxes. Only food, books and newspaper, medicine (not all), and maybe a few others are 6%.

#16 6 years ago

^ Yeah, I think in Denmark its 25%, and that is on most stuff. I don't really know too much about this though, as I am fairly young and new to these kind of things.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

When the original IM came out it there was no pro tag. It was IM with no le. So to call it a pro now isn't entirely correct.

I thought Stern officially referred to the original IM as a "Pro" to differentiate it from the stripped-down "Classic".

1 month later
#18 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I thought Stern officially referred to the original IM as a "Pro" to differentiate it from the stripped-down "Classic".

You may be right

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Most Aussies and New Zealanders are flying to America, buying a hearse and loading it up with cheap Sterns. I plan to return the favor by flying to Australia, renting a kangaroo, and loading its pouch with vegemite.

Most roos here are shot on site despite what is seen on TV or happily ran over by trucks. Also they are riddled with tape worms so I wouldn't be stacking it with vegemite either.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Hold on to your shorts, They keep talking about a VAT here too. Anyway to raise taxes to pay for all the splurges by Washington.

You guys already have all those confusing state taxes.

I seem to recall that when the Australian dollar was low a NIB Stern was about au$7500

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

VAT taxes change a bit between countries and there are several rates. For France:
20% except for restaurants and a few other goods (10%); some basic necessary items are taxed 5%.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside