(Topic ID: 20677)

Question answered >> thread is now more silly bickering...

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sassyhartman.jpg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Sorry, I attempted to search but could not find what JJP says the date for delivery currently is...

Did test games ever go on location somewhere in Jersey? I remember an update at one point that said something about that.

I have not really kept up with the info, but would like to know where it currently stands as none of the new Sterns are exciting me & I want to know when I can look forward to realistically playing WOZ.

#2 11 years ago

sept-dec 2012 was last I heard.

#3 11 years ago

No one knows.

People will chime in with ETA's but they've done that before... A year ago.

I dropped my preorder but hope for the best as I will buy one once in stock.

The first ETA was December 2011, still no workers in the "factory" but it appears they are finally building their test machines.

Edit: JJP's 2011 announcement was not "distrubutor hype" it was JJP's own ETA http://www.pinballnews.com/news/jerseyjack.html

#4 11 years ago

I am stating the last thing publicly announced by JJP.

sorry to chime the last fact stated =-)

#5 11 years ago

There is no guaranteed date, but estimates are as above. J.J. has been pretty good about updating the WOZ google group about delays etc. I made my deposit early (Jan 2011) so I hope to be near the front end of games shipped. I am hoping for anytime before December.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks shoot_again >> I was looking for the JJP facts/ most recent stated...

#7 11 years ago

Estimate September...sounds like waiting on vendors for parts.

No test games out as yet for reason above.

Update coming weekend or next week it sounds like.

#8 11 years ago

I'm expecting a fair chunk to have been shipped by xmas. There was never an estimated date of December 2011 either, that was speculation put around by distributors who were asked for an ETA of customers machines.

From what Jack has been saying the machine is done now. The parts have been ordered and lots of them are already in the warehouse waiting to be put into machines. The time it takes for that to happen will also allow Keith to finish off his software.

#9 11 years ago

I would be shocked if any games shipped in 2012, just judging by their track record.

#10 11 years ago

Ok, I have no vested interest in this whole WOZ affair as I don't buy NIB ever....I sincerely hope that JJP knocks it out of the park and wakes Stern up to start increasing the quality of their games. Ever since TSPP/LOTR and maybe SM, I feel Sterns have been very lacking. Even the recent AC/DC, X-Men, Tron, TFs have all suffered unfinished code and quality issues.

But, I digress...Not meant to be a JJP or Stern bash, but I have to ask the question:

The WOZ design has been completed for over a year. The initial plans to build the machine a year before that. WHY ON EARTH is JJP still waiting on parts to assemble games? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

#11 11 years ago

Around the end of June/first of July, Jack stated publicly (read - on this forum and not in the private WOZ Owners Google Group) that he was building 10 test games that would be out on location by the end of July. That was to be followed by 50 WOZ machine built in August, then ramping up to "good numbers produced" in September.

Fast forward all of two weeks, and Jack said on this past Monday that he was still delayed by certain vendors, that he still "might have a test game or two built" in the next month. Obviously the production schedule that was relayed publicly two weeks ago was either: 1) Not true at the time; or 2) Already busted in a matter of days. That discussion took place in the WOZ Owners Group, where some people finally started asking when we might see the game produced. Jack said that "it will get done, sooner or later".

#12 11 years ago

Any woz owners have an update?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Any woz owners have an update?

Look one post above yours.

#14 11 years ago

As I am sure that I am viewed as an unreliable source by the JJP faithful, here is the direct quote for the Google Group, from Jack (edited only for private info about a family member that was discussed and need not be made more public than it has been):

There are a billion things out of my direct control, some of them are
    the Vendors [...]

The games are coming, sooner or later, they are coming. If I'm in NJ
    or Harvard, IL or in Florida, our people are working really hard,
    tirelessly with passion.

I'll say this, yes, some vendors are slow but there are many who are
    doing what we need them to do. The ones who do the right thing will
    continue with us for many years. The ones who don't, even though we
    may need them at the moment will be replaced. The start up is harder
    than the running of.....

I know everyone is excited and wants their games, you will be thrilled
    when you get them.

Nobody is more impatient or more critical than me.

If you can no longer wait, we have a willing list of people to take
    your place. I wish you stay and continue to enjoy the ride

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I have to ask the question:
    The WOZ design has been completed for over a year. The initial plans to build the machine a year before that. WHY ON EARTH is JJP still waiting on parts to assemble games? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

My understanding about the delays: JJP had a lighting system designed a few months ago and when they tested it they found it was not up to their standards. After that they redesigned the lighting probably about two months ago, and now they are waiting on parts vendors to make those parts and maybe a few others. Also, some other mechanisms such as the Witch have been a work in progress up until a couple months ago. So basically the design was in fact not finished until about 2 months ago.

There is supposed to be an update this weekend last I read.

#16 11 years ago

The same ETA as Duke Nukem Forever always had

"When it's ready..."

#17 11 years ago

Sounds closer to 2014 than 2013.

Quoted from jalpert:

I would be shocked if any games shipped in 2012, just judging by their track record.

And look how it turned out.

Quoted from fattrain:

"When it's ready..."

#18 11 years ago

I dropped off my pre-order too and went with X-men and ACDC. I'm sure it will be fun, but geez get er done already.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Look one post above yours.

Oops! 1 minute apart posting, I did not see yours when i was typing mine.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

"When it's ready..."

That software studio was literally two minutes from my house. I went in there last year when they were closing it up, to look at a "HUO Scared Stiff" that they had been given by B/W in the 90's and sat in the breakroom for years. It was a beater, just through the play in that office. I took the glass off and opened it up, and the guy was shocked that I knew how to do so. The glass hadn't been off of it since 1996.

The building is now a big Goodwill dropoff center and store. But they still have the cool marble inlay of the biohazard symbol for Duke Nukem in the lobby floor. They didn't know what it was, but thought it looked cool.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

My understanding about the delays: JJP had a lighting system designed a few months ago and when they tested it they found it was not up to their standards. After that they redesigned the lighting probably about two months ago, and now they are waiting on parts vendors to make those parts and maybe a few others. Also, some other mechanisms such as the Witch have been a work in progress up until a couple months ago. So basically the design was in fact not finished until about 2 months ago.
    There is supposed to be an update this weekend last I read.

There are way more significant issues with the operating system. Not game code, to my understanding. The actual programming for the new system is far more complex than they anticipated.

#22 11 years ago

I got in late and was told hopefully by Xmas.Now I'm thinking Spring 2013.Scott

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The building is now a big Goodwill dropoff center and store. But they still have the cool marble inlay of the biohazard symbol for Duke Nukem in the lobby floor. They didn't know what it was, but thought it looked cool.

That is awesome!

Quoted from jalpert:

And look how it turned out.

LOL. Ya. Bad reference I guess. Too bad it sucked. Although WoZ will definitely not suck.

#24 11 years ago

thanks for all of the info.

#25 11 years ago

I'm not expecting to get mine until the new year. Bummer, but what are you going to do.

#26 11 years ago

I just want mine when everything is working somewhere around 90-95% and they can update the code later for the rest.

#27 11 years ago

I bailed. Way too long of a wait. This shit never ends. Good luck to those that are sticking with it. You got a lot more patience than I do. I'd rather dump 7k in investments instead of waiting for JJP to get it together.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

There are way more significant issues with the operating system.

Interesting... I haven't heard about this. Source and details?

#29 11 years ago

snake oil salesman

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from damionrowe:

snake oil salesman

Like a carnival sideshow

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Estimate September...sounds like waiting on vendors for parts.
    No test games out as yet for reason above.
    Update coming weekend or next week it sounds like.

I'd be willing to bet that nobody who ordered a WoZ will have their pin in September.

#32 11 years ago

Really why wait around for a game that has no release date and is this far behind in production?? Have you guys noticed all the great games hitting the market or is the "cool-aid" still have you thinking someone is in the JJP "Factory" actually working on games right now? Honest plan on maybe early 2013 for test games that work, mid summer 2013 for a release of the game. I'd bet the playfield is kicking their ass, they can't figure out how to stop the ball damage!! Back to the drawing board "Wile E. Coyote" design team!

// Error: Image 35974 not found //

#33 11 years ago

It would be cool if JJP gave any of us with a preorder a discount on new invisiglass

$6500 preorder with them having money for about a year should be worth a 25% discount on invisiglass

Would be a nice gesture at least

#34 11 years ago

I will wait for as long as it takes.
    Geesh, hes not only building a pinball machine, but an entire company.
    How long did BBB take? a few years from memory.
    WOZ has not even been 2 years, and has a lot more going for it than what BBB had.

#35 11 years ago

Do you jokers really want to start another thread debating Stern incomplete games versus JJP delays to attempt to release a complete game?

#36 11 years ago

Battered Wife Syndrome.

#37 11 years ago

DCFAN really? The real joke is there is NO WOZ after 19 months! NONE! Where are the workers? Factory with parts? Actually a real production business? WHERE! WOZ owners have NOTHING but "Air Pinball" and I'm on my way to pick up NIB X-men right now!!!! So what about Stern? Really?

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

$6500 preorder with them having money for about a year should be worth a 25% discount on invisiglass ... Would be a nice gesture at least.

I like the way you think.

#39 11 years ago

I like the name change on the thread.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I like the name change on the thread.

Yes, the trolls successfully hijacked the thread.

#41 11 years ago

Another "Train-Wreck" JJP vs. Stern thread....

#42 11 years ago

Hey DCFAN, you reminded me of my William Shakespeare .... "The Lady Doth Protests too much methinks."

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from damionrowe:

Hey DCFAN, you reminded me of my William Shakespeare .... "The Lady Doth Protests too much methinks."

Whatever man. Some of us were having a discussion of what the delays were involving, and you guys just came in with spam.

#44 11 years ago

You Simpleton, we were addressing the situation. Grow a pair!!!!!!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from damionrowe:

You Simpleton, we were addressing the situation. Grow a pair!!!!!!

Stay classy.

#46 11 years ago

Stay classy.

Not to be confused with Sassy.

sassyhartman.jpgsassyhartman.jpg

#47 11 years ago

I pretty much feel bitching about delays is pointless at this point. JJP has stated if your tired of waiting he has people willing to take your place. So if your tired of the wait just pull out now. Otherwise quite the freaking bitching already. I want it when it's complete to their standards and if that means early next year so be it.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

JJP has stated if your tired of waiting he has people willing to take your place. So if your tired of the wait just pull out now.

I can see having this attitude if you haven't collected a 100% deposit from the buyer for the pin long ago. However, if you collect 100% of the machines value I think the customer has the right to express concern over repeated delays and missed target release dates. Customers that have put in thousands for JJP's first pin deserve a bit more then if you don't like it screw off IMO. I agree quality is more important then rushing it out but it's not a bad idea to maintain a high level of customer service especially upon encountering unexpected delays.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That software studio was literally two minutes from my house. I went in there last year when they were closing it up, to look at a "HUO Scared Stiff" that they had been given by B/W in the 90's and sat in the breakroom for years. It was a beater, just through the play in that office. I took the glass off and opened it up, and the guy was shocked that I knew how to do so. The glass hadn't been off of it since 1996.

G, maybe they just meant "BRUO."

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from damionrowe:

snake oil salesman

Quoted from damionrowe:

Battered Wife Syndrome

Non sequitur?

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-current-eta-for-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.