(Topic ID: 112925)

What is the correct header pin for system 11 MPU ribbon?

By mg81

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1J22 connector.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I need to help a friend fix up their Space Station. When the 1J22 ribbon cable (double row pin of pins) was being put back on the outer two pins on one side got bent and broke off when they tried to straighten them.

I need to order new pins to solder on for them. My problem is I don't have the machine near me to look at or measure anything.

The photo is not of his game, but I just wanted to make sure it was clear which connector I was talking about, 1J22.

Can someone please tell me what part to order? I am probably just going to snip out and replace the last 2 or 4 pins instead of replacing the entire set of pins if possible.

All I have are the single row pins I use in my early Bally SS pins and I don't think they are close enough for me to use them.

I think it is these from Great Plains Electronics, but I wanted to verify (I know it is not enough pins, by all I care about is the correct spacing and size of the pins. I plan on snipping them to length.)

Part Number: PH2-20S-G
Connector, 0.1" Header, 2 x 10 Pin
Connector, 0.1" Header, 2 x 10 Pin

Connector, Header
20 pin (2 x 10 - Double Row), 0.1", 0.230" Post Length
Gold Flashed
For use with ribbon cables
RoHS Compliant

Thanks for the help

1J22 connector.jpg1J22 connector.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will save myself the hassle of buying something new and just use what I have.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Strongsville, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
London, ON

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-correct-header-pin-for-system-11-mpu-ribbon?tu=mg81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.