(Topic ID: 176076)

What is the coil ID used on late 60's Gottlieb Multiplayers' Pop Bumpers?

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TimMe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi, I have a 1969 Gottlieb Skipper and I need to replace a pop bumper coil - but it is burnt to a crisp and the others seem to have been replaced with a coil that doesn't have the number on the wrapper, or it just faded off with time.

Anybody know? I'm not next to any of my machines right now so I can't check for reference on other ones - and would not be sure how long they kept it the same between machines, as this machine has traits of 70's games (first machine with chimes, etc.) while also having a lot of traits of the 60's of course like small flippers and only four reels for each player, don't even know IF they changed them between the decades or anything like that. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

A-4893 is the coil you want. It's one of the strongest of the GTB factory coils. I often use this as a replacement knocker coil when the knocker doesn't seem to be loud enough.

- TimMe

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-coil-id-used-on-late-60s-gottlieb-multiplayers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.