New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 164566)

What is the best way to play with 6 players on one machine?

By Bruce

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fonz-pinball-420_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Okay, so I have one machine (Star Trek Pro) and 5 or 6 friends round for a pinball night/friendly competition.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best way to play with 5 or 6 players, as you know there is a max of 4 players on any one game, so perhaps the bottom two losers get knocked out, replaced by the two waiting and so on and so on...

I'm sure this is an odd questions as it looks like most people on here have multiple machines, I wish!!

Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

3 player split flipper, obviously.

#3 4 years ago

Sell your ST and get a Baywatch, obviously.

#4 4 years ago

Start with your best players,playing alone.Then team up the last 2 players that do the worst,to play together! Then they can learn,and progress together,until everyone is on track!

#5 4 years ago

Westofrome,how long did it take you to develop your giant wish list???You go dude!!!

#6 4 years ago

Batman Forever, Sega 1995, is a 6-player machine to consider getting at some point in the future.

#7 4 years ago

Easy. Two people drink beer and watch. Lowest 2 of the 4 are out after game 1. Repeat.

#8 4 years ago

Also you could find a Bally The Six Million Dollar Man. 6 player SS pin.

#9 4 years ago

I'd do 1st and last place switch out over 3rd and last place, imho. If it's just a friendly get together you don't want one person dominating

#10 4 years ago

Team up -- 2 person teams alternating players on balls. 3rd ball they can choose which player gets it

#11 4 years ago

Apparently, a 'capacity problem.' Buy another machine.

#12 4 years ago

All six of you play one ball each. The top four play a full game.

#13 4 years ago

All good ideas thank you!

#14 4 years ago

X Files is the only answer

#16 4 years ago

It's interesting that modern games still only allow a maximum of four players. It was understandable back when you only had four score reels or alphanumeric displays per machine.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Sell your ST and get a Baywatch, obviously.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Batman Forever, Sega 1995, is a 6-player machine to consider getting at some point in the future.

Quoted from Darcy:

Also you could find a Bally The Six Million Dollar Man. 6 player SS pin.

Any of the above. But make sure all six players suck at pinball, so the rest of you aren't standing around forever waiting for someone to finish taking their turn.

#18 4 years ago

Especially love it at shows when a single player has six games going on X Files.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Scottamus:

Especially love it at shows when a single player has six games going on X Files.

They deserve the hell they've created.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's interesting that modern games still only allow a maximum of four players. It was understandable back when you only had four score reels or alphanumeric displays per machine.

Have you ever tried keeping a 4-player game going? Between bathroom breaks, bar runs, nicotine fixes, and random disappearances, it's virtually impossible in a non-tournament setting. And, if you have 4 "pinball people" involved, at least one of them is going to try to "double dip" by playing another game at the same time.

I can't imagine the horror of trying to keep a 6-player game going. I'll have to buy a SiX Million Dollar Man sometime and find out.

#21 4 years ago

i played a 6 player game of baywatch this past weekend.

#22 4 years ago

6 Million Dollar Man. Problem solved.

#23 4 years ago

Set it to 1 ball per credit, then team up 3 and 3 Fun as hell

Axl

#24 4 years ago

Why not simply play two groups of 3 and write the scores down, then rank the scores.

#25 4 years ago

I can't imagine a game of 6 being that fun unless it's set up brutal or is already a difficult game so that ball times are short. Even with 4 players on a game, sometimes it takes forever for your turn to come up again. Heck, even happens with 2 player games depending on the game and players.. Only more frustrating if you are a so-so player or newb and your opponent(s) are much better.. play for 1 minute, watch for 20.. repeat repeat.

#26 4 years ago

Don't forget that on some 6-player games, such as 1995 Sega Batman Forever, that you can have teams.
That definitely changes the interest level when you have 4 or 6 players.
This is back of flyer seen on IPDB . org
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3593&picno=3356&zoom=1

#27 4 years ago

fonz-pinball-420_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside