(Topic ID: 220339)

What is the best way to grow pinball?

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6593 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6595 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6596 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6597 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6600 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6599 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6601 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6602 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6610 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6603 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6607 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6608 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6611 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6609 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

But without a doubt, Pinball has more pricks in it than any other "money hobby" by a factor of 100x.

I feel sorry for you. My experience in the pinball community has been 99% prick-free.

1 week later
    #145 5 years ago

People walk into the barcade room where my pins are, excited to play pinball. They play a solo game, next to their friend who does the same. Each ball lasts about 10 seconds or less, each time with an accompanying complaint to their friend (last one I heard: “God, I hate it when it goes under the flipper!!!”).

They leave the room after playing one game.

There’s little point in figuring out other ways to grow pinball until the above is solved.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Ball savers. Shoot again. These guarantee a player will get a minimum seconds before the ball gets sucked down for good. The pinball equivalent to a video game giving you 5 lives.
    Don't all of the new games have ball savers?

Yep. Ball savers are on wherever they can be...some as long as 9 seconds. Outlane posts are all the way in on the shortest playing games.

Ball savers only give terrible players a few extra seconds. They can save you from the bad luck of your first or second shot brick draining, but they barely extend the game for new players. How helpful is a mulligan in golf to someone who slices all their shots out of bounds?

Average ball times are 45-60 seconds, but when experienced players are lasting several minutes, it means that lots of people are draining almost instantly.

Having actual guaranteed ball times, which you can do on Jersey Jack games I believe, would be a lot more helpful.

But still, modern arcade games don’t kill you instantly if to suck. Look at something like Cruisin USA (and the rest of the series). You pay for one race, and you get to finish no matter how bad you are. Imagine if it was over as soon as three other cars passed you?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-way-to-grow-pinball?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.