(Topic ID: 220339)

What is the best way to grow pinball?

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6593 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6595 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6596 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6597 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6600 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6599 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6601 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6602 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6610 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6603 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6607 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6608 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6611 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6609 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The best way to grow it is to do what YOU like in pinball and not shit all over people who like pinball for different reasons.
    I'm a good tournament player, and I generally enjoy the tournament scene. I also like collecting mid-level to cheap games, working on them, buying them, selling them, flipping them, trading them etc.
    So that's what I do. I play in tournaments, I put my own spin on booth commentary when I get a chance, and I've put together some modest tournaments as well as participated in putting on a large (and possibly annual) show at NYCPC. I'm part of the buying and selling community and I sell retail to many first-time buyers. Hundreds of homes have a pinball machine because of me.
    Other people do other stuff best. Some make mods. Some buy or sell high level stuff. People restore. People run bars. People have websites. People do podcasts. People go out to local bars and play in leagues, or just drink and play pinball with their friends. Generally, it's all good.
    There are some people who are convinced they are the only ones who have figured out why pinball is fun, and everybody else who does something different are at best misguided or at worst "ruining pinball." There are people out there who just HATE tournament pinball and I can't for the life of me understand why. I've been in pinball for 16 years, and for over 10 of them I didn't give a wet fart about tournaments. I never noticed the tournament scene AT ALL and had literally no opinion on it all as it had zero effect on my life or participation in the hobby - so I just don't understand that.
    I don't really think anybody is ruining pinball. there's a very select few people who I view as parasites who contribute nothing, but I don't think they are actually detrimental to the scene.
    The best way to grow pinball is contribute in your own way, as little or as much as you want.

Well said Levi.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-way-to-grow-pinball?tu=kklank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.