(Topic ID: 220339)

What is the best way to grow pinball?

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6593 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6598 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6595 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6596 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6597 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6600 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6599 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6601 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6602 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6610 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6603 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6607 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6608 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6611 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6609 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 5 years ago

Even in the 90s I don't remember pinball being huge. Any arcades always had far more vids than pins. Crowds were always around vids. Same now. Most people don't really get pins but may play a game or two. Same goes for today. Doesn't help that pins are very expensive. I think pinball will always be a niche thing and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It is interesting. Sure you had the hardcore fans and some walk ups, but purely against vids they would lose. Of course they costed a bit more for standard cabinets, but you can fit at least 2 vids for every pin.

A local place is building an arcade. They have some good pins so I try to make it over there as I can. From talking to the owner, I get the impression that I am one of very few that come to just play the pins. Also obvious when I put my initials up on a not so good game and win replays frequently. He complains how much pins cost compared to your average arcade game. Throw in how much space pins take up and the maintenance it just doesn't make sense to have pins unless you are passionate about them. Hell, I sometimes feel a bit silly having pins in my house knowing how much I spent on them. Totally ridiculous but that's one of the things I like about the hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-way-to-grow-pinball?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.