(Topic ID: 30083)

What is the best way to fix a warped plastic?

By mojozone

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Schwaggs
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDC10465.JPG
    SDC10469.JPG
    SDC10468.JPG
    IMG-20120217-00258.jpg
    IMG-20120217-00257.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

Heat gun is good and you can see how it works in the video. If you have multiple plastics then I prefer the oven method since you can do a bunch at once. That will make the entire plastic dead flat since you are heating up the entire plastic and then flattening with weight on top and keeping the weight on it as it cools.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

I have never heard of this..is there a certain avg.temp that works best?

You set the temperature to a very low setting. The plastics will soften and lay flat before the setpoint temperature is even reached, so that is why it's important to watch them the entire time and the pull once they go soft. I will have to check and see what temperature I used (it's low in the 185-225 range). Since you never reach the final temperature you want to pick something low that way it has a nice slow warm up. I use parchment paper to keep any debris from the cookie sheets from getting on my plastics. When they are done I pull them out of the oven, place another cookie sheet on top, and then add some weight (typically use four 30 packs of pop). The combo of heating the entire plastic plus using weight really does a great job. Plus you can knock out a bunch at one time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-way-to-fix-a-warped-plastic?tu=bojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.