(Topic ID: 65067)

What is the best toy in pinball?

By pinmister

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WellWalker (resized).jpg
    vlcsnap-6310-10-10-21h26m34s140 (resized).png
    Bigfatso.jpg
    mini-tron-arcade-pin-bb.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!nUE63Tf7ptUBO27!qo0Hg~~60_35.jpg
    image.jpg
    Tube_Dancer.jpg
    2009_0228TMNT0022.329134249_large.JPG
    tmntt.jpg
    JF.jpg
    Tron3pin.jpg
    th.jpeg
    2013_0929Image0111.JPG
    Crane.jpg
    Crane_PF.jpg

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

Garage on TSPP. I like that it isn't your standard drop target or automatic gate. Has a nice satisfying 'Clank' when you hit it too.

#52 10 years ago

Since it hasn’t gotten much mention if any here, I going to say the ring on LOTR. This is one of the most integrated toys and one that fits the theme overall amongst the best. I mean, cmon, a ring that captures a steel ball moving as fast as it does, right in the center, holds it there for the time needed…that’s a pretty cool innovation.

#53 10 years ago

Apollo 13 moon magnet is pretty cool
    Also, another vote for Red and Ted

#54 10 years ago

I've always liked the stage/floating ball trick in Pinball Magic. It's cool every time you see it.

Dave

#55 10 years ago

Rudy was through with it before the others knew what to do with it.

#56 10 years ago

Duplicate post

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Castle in MM. The drawbridge coming down. Then the gate. Then destroying the castle
    and the towers "collapsing". The ball lock entrance. The moat

Agree, there's a lot of interaction with the ball which makes it really fun.

#58 10 years ago

Mist-BSD
    T-Rex-JP

#59 10 years ago

Trex in jp
    Ship in potc
    Crane in btdk
    Wrecking ball in jy
    Ark in ij (stern)
    Bell in acdc
    Pyramid/glider in sg
    Deadworld in jd
    Volcano in congo

Hard to pick just one, they are all awesome...

#60 10 years ago

AC/DC bell is my favorite, smashing that bell on the playfield glass with that gong sound also when it multiply score x3 is the total package. Make a combo with the die cast cannon mod the Pinball Refinery did and you got a hell of a good time on AC/DC Premium.

Hulk in Avengers is very cool. That 5 balls multiball with him smashing balls left and right and hard is unreal

BDK crane is a great toy. Like someone said before the fact it is a moving target it gives endless possible scenarios

BSD mist ball is original and cool

JP T-Rex is on my ultimate toy list too

MM castle is very fun

X-Men Magneto spinning disk made quite a first impression

Tron mini arcade is by far one of the most beautiful mod ever made but not a toy who can affect play.
    Like the Sparky humour with the voice but don't consider him a toy who can affect play. So doesnt count for me either.

So according to my list, a great toy needs a magnet

Just my opinion

#61 10 years ago

Frankenstein on monster bash - the lights, sound, animation and interaction take some beating.

The play field image projection on revenge from mars. Surely the ultimate.

#62 10 years ago

I actually like Thing Flips on Addams Family better than Thing coming out of the box, personally. A pinball machine flipping its own flipper and making a shot with it? That's just made of awesome.

After that I'd vote for the Powerball in Twilight Zone.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Since it hasn’t gotten much mention if any here, I going to say the ring on LOTR. This is one of the most integrated toys and one that fits the theme overall amongst the best. I mean, cmon, a ring that captures a steel ball moving as fast as it does, right in the center, holds it there for the time needed…that’s a pretty cool innovation.

That, and it can send the ball back and to the right ramp OR drop it in front. With the ring ramp, which can be hit by either flipper--and let off-center/weak shots drop off, it is a great toy feature indeed!

#64 10 years ago

(darned upload broke)

#65 10 years ago

#66 10 years ago

3D tron minnie mouse translite with animating led kit and upgraded disney color DMD.

Tron3pin.jpgTron3pin.jpg

#67 10 years ago

Jodie foster?

JF.jpgJF.jpg

#68 10 years ago

I really like the cannons in Big Guns!

#69 10 years ago

dohhhhh... totally forgot about that.

#70 10 years ago

The best toy is Frankenstein in Monster Bash. No other toy is as well co-ordinated with the theme and backbox animation.

#71 10 years ago

Red and Ted on RS.

Someone had to say it. If Rudy is on the list, two heads have to be better than one.

#72 10 years ago

Battlefield on The Shadow. And inner sanctum ball lock.
    Volcano in Congo.

#73 10 years ago

Dragstrip on Corvette is cool!

#74 10 years ago

Dragstrip on Corvette is cool!

#75 10 years ago

I need some people to weigh in on this poll. Should I add power ball for TZ to the list? Is it a Toy or should it be considered one or is it just a unique ball? -Thoughts

#77 10 years ago

The spinning head on Bride of Pinbot!!!

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

power ball for TZ to the list? Is it a Toy or should it be considered one or is it just a unique ball?

Toy

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I need some people to weigh in on this poll. Should I add power ball for TZ to the list? Is it a Toy or should it be considered one or is it just a unique ball? -Thoughts

Well if you add that then you have to add the NAVI ball in Avatar LE and any other game that uses one. And you can place a ceramic ball in any game, although it wouldn't be worked into the game code though. But add the NAVI ball too then.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well if you add that then you have to add the NAVI ball in Avatar LE and any other game that uses one. And you can place a ceramic ball in any game, although it wouldn't be worked into the game code though. But add the NAVI ball too then.

That is kinda what I was thinking. On the other side TZ was the first to incorporate the ceramic ball and it did interact with playfield-not working in magnet zone and super fast game play. I can remember playing when it first came out like it was yesterday-game changer....Oh the memories.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

That is kinda what I was thinking. On the other side TZ was the first to incorporate the ceramic ball and it did interact with playfield-not working in magnet zone and super fast game play. I can remember playing when it first came out like it was yesterday-game changer....Oh the memories.

Well same can be said for Avatar and not reacting to its magnet. If you add TZ then you would have to add Avatar LE too, IMHO.

#82 10 years ago

You fools.

The best TOY in PINBALL is obviously the only TOY that has ever been put into a machine...

Of course I am talking about the TMNT.

Data East TMNT Pinball actually has all 4 of the original 1988 Playmates Figurines, which are themselves worth about $25 each today. In the package, they are worth about $150 each. Graded in the package in mint condition (which I happen to own) are worth about $1000 each.

Pinball machines have toys as we call them, but no other machine ever made has actual TOYS that were on store shelves like TMNT pinball. Plus, the TMNT are the best, and its national pizza month. tmntt.jpgtmntt.jpg 2009_0228TMNT0022.329134249_large.JPG2009_0228TMNT0022.329134249_large.JPG

#83 10 years ago

what about the tz clock its cool and it actually tells times.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Red and Ted on RS.

Someone had to say it. If Rudy is on the list, two heads have to be better than one.

I'll still take Bonehead over all those heads.

Judge Dredds deadworld with the mod is pretty damn cool too. Three balls in orbit.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Laser Starfield Projector!
    It definitely sounds the coolest.

i hope it's good but i doubt it's gonna be that great, remember to see a laser you need smoke (for a good show) or a red 200+ mw pointer (you will barely see the beam) or a 50 mw green pointer (now you can start to see the beam) problem is, both illegal in the states.
    so my guess, dots wondering around on the playfield.

topic;
    LOTR, ring and balrog
    funhouse, rudy
    POTC, ship
    CV, ringmaster
    boP, face
    ac/dc, bell, simple but so cool
    getaway, supercharger

and yes the choppers on raven.... naaaaaaah, just kidding!

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

AC/DC bell is my favorite, smashing that bell on the playfield glass with that gong sound also when it multiply score x3 is the total package. Make a combo with the die cast cannon mod the Pinball Refinery did and you got a hell of a good time on AC/DC Premium.
    Hulk in Avengers is very cool. That 5 balls multiball with him smashing balls left and right and hard is unreal
    BDK crane is a great toy. Like someone said before the fact it is a moving target it gives endless possible scenarios
    BSD mist ball is original and cool
    JP T-Rex is on my ultimate toy list too
    MM castle is very fun
    X-Men Magneto spinning disk made quite a first impression
    Tron mini arcade is by far one of the most beautiful mod ever made but not a toy who can affect play.
    Like the Sparky humour with the voice but don't consider him a toy who can affect play. So doesnt count for me either.
    So according to my list, a great toy needs a magnet
    Just my opinion

YES Even better 2 or 3 magnets HS2 supercharger NF jump ramp

#87 10 years ago

FGY/Shrek - mini pinball machine
    DW - three level playfield

#88 10 years ago

From these replies, does monster bash have the best toys?

What is the difference between Sparky and "It's Alive" except the Monster Table builds through 3 stages.
    Why is the BDK crane so good when no one mentioned Drac? Every time I get the crane going I think it mesmerizes me with its semi-circular motion.

In my perfect opinion, Thing Hand or Thing Flips is the best toy in pinball. Way better integration than the Ring in LOTR.

YMMV

#89 10 years ago

The Tube Dancer!

Tube_Dancer.jpgTube_Dancer.jpg

#90 10 years ago

what! no one has mentioned whirlwind? the spinning disks and the fan topper. the spinning disks effect game play and the fan pulls the player deeper into the game. it my not be the best toy,but I would say its the soe of the best use of toy or gimmicks to completely immerse the player into the theme of a game.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The Tube Dancer!

That dudes pretty hot.

#92 10 years ago

Sparky...MetallicA

#93 10 years ago

Does the up-and-down going miniplayfield with 3 levels in DrWho counts as a toy? I really like that one.

#94 10 years ago

Hands down for me the Toys on Pinball Magic....floating ball on the Stage, The Magnet on the wand etc!!!!! Best toys and best Tricks.

Joe(acejedi)

#95 10 years ago

To add to what jbp8653 said, Corvette dragstrip and the engine that bounces the ball back and forth for major points, both awesome.

#96 10 years ago

I'll add two more that nobody else will mention. The moving baseball glove on Big Hurt, and the spinning disc magnet on Twister that will hold and release 5 balls. Toys? Maybe.

#97 10 years ago

Ask this question a few years from now and I'll put my money on Smaug.

#98 10 years ago

The glove in Jonny M

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

The glove in Jonny M

When it works

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

what! no one has mentioned Whirlwind? the spinning disks and the fan topper. the spinning disks effect game play and the fan pulls the player deeper into the game. it my not be the best toy,but I would say its the soe of the best use of toy or gimmicks to completely immerse the player into the theme of a game.

Yes several people have mentioned spinning disc. Several games have spinning disc and or magnets. From WW to NGG, Tron, POTC, CSI, and X-MEN. I would not classify these features as a Toy? X-MEN has Toys in back of Magnets that do interact with game play and so I consider them as a Toy.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-toy-in-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.