Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Redeyes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 15 years ago

Hello! i'm in the process of finding a new game and set my sights on a modern stern, possible one to buy NIB. I am a great fan of games like Medieval Madness or Attack From Mars with open layouts and mucho flow. Which one of the modern Sterns would best suit me? Thanks!

#2 15 years ago

I'd say spiderman. but it's all personal preference anyway! I personally like their indiana jones machine and would love one of those NIB. even with the slightly poor reviews it gets. I just want it for the whip cracking slingshots!!

#3 15 years ago

Well I have both Spiderman & Indy - which were both NIB and I would have to say that I prefer Spiderman. That of course is just my opinion though & others may well differ.

#4 15 years ago

Spidy is very similar to AFM in terms of playfield layout. Kinda odd actually. Best new Stern game out there IMHO.

#5 15 years ago

I think the Simpsons Pinball Party is one of the best Sterns. I never get tired of playing it. But I agree with everyone that Spidey is very good pick! I had the new Indy and I got tired of playing it really fast. The best part about the Indy is watching someone playing it for the first time and getting the Ark Multiball. Everyone get excited seeing it!

2 weeks later
#6 15 years ago

How about the new Batman game? Has anyone got a change to play that? If so, which other Stern game would you compare it to with regards to flow and speed?

1 month later
#7 15 years ago

go SPIDERMAN!! or Simpsons ... I dont Like Indy... maybe Shrek or Family Guy.

1 week later
#8 15 years ago

I would go for Family Guy. That is maybe due to fact I like the show as well. All time favourite Stern machine for me is LOTR, then FG and Simpsons on 2nd place. Spidy on 3rd place. Try to play games you're interested somewhere and decide then.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 15 years ago

Spider-man (with the new animations and sounds) and Lord of the Rings (long games, but fantastic theme). Especially the game play of Spider-man reminds me kind of Medieval and Attack. I guess that besides the great game play of these games, the themes add fantastic atmosphere and value... However, I must admit that I haven't played Shrek, Batman or CSI yet (Pins I am very curious about).

3 years later
#10 11 years ago
Quoted from CharlieC:

Hello! i'm in the process of finding a new game and set my sights on a modern stern, possible one to buy NIB. I am a great fan of games like Medieval Madness or Attack from Mars with open layouts and mucho flow. Which one of the modern Sterns would best suit me? Thanks!

hold off for a future AC/DC theme. Something tells me Stern will make one and it will be a huge success

#11 11 years ago

Get either LOTR or TSPP.

#12 11 years ago

I bet he got his machine. This was 3 years ago.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

I bet he got his machine. This was 3 years ago.

That was an epic necro bump. LMAO!

#15 11 years ago

If you like the targets like Afm and the castle in mm then sm is good and I like tron as well. Lotr is a personal fave of mine too. Honestly stern games have a different feel to them than the classics, I cant put my finger on it but it's just a different feel. Tron, im, sm, and the looks of Xmen seem to fit the fast paced game similar to Afm. Nothing is going to obviously match the gameplay of the but the newer " hits " all play fast and are fun.

#16 11 years ago

3 year old thread ha

#17 11 years ago

well if this was a new post....TRON all the way I like spiderman but it is really easy, its like LOTR 30 minute ball times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-stern-compared-to and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.